Coach Forbes to ETSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
    I would say to people who think this way to put your money where your mouth is. Charge more for seats. Another $100 per season ticket is $1mm. Who wouldn't pay another $100 a year per seat to keep what we have?
    We were discussing the same thing last evening and agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      @jeffreyParson: "MT @jerrymeyer247: Expecting entire staff change at Texas. http://bit.ly/194Y69X @Horns247"
      Now we have a Gregg watch. If not a warning

In fact, one source said, "Bet the house and double down" that Barnes will not return.
      Meyer has a good reputation FWIW.

Will be an interesting next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by shockchic View Post
        We were discussing the same thing last evening and agree.
        I agree as well. And I think most fans would be cool with "chipping in" where possible. Again, as has been stated elsewhere, there are some unique ways WSU supplements the basketball coaches and many people who are part of the club that comes up with hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep coach and his guys happy. There are options outside of the AD budget to get this done if it is necessary to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          I agree as well. And I think most fans would be cool with "chipping in" where possible. Again, as has been stated elsewhere, there are some unique ways WSU supplements the basketball coaches and many people who are part of the club that comes up with hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep coach and his guys happy. There are options outside of the AD budget to get this done if it is necessary to keep him.
          I doubt this is the issue. If it's Texas, I think we're in trouble. It's not just the money they could throw at him, it's the major conference job that doesn't require rebuilding we have always feared. While Texas is "down", by its standards, it was still in the tournament, has a top 25 class coming in next year, and may just keep Miles Turner. The facilities are ridiculous and the campus has nearly 50,000 students on it. Those kinds of jobs just don't come around that often. Marshall has to know his stock is likely at its highest point, and I would think that all of us would understand if he took that gig.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
            I doubt this is the issue. If it's Texas, I think we're in trouble. It's not just the money they could throw at him, it's the major conference job that doesn't require rebuilding we have always feared. While Texas is "down", by its standards, it was still in the tournament, has a top 25 class coming in next year, and may just keep Miles Turner. The facilities are ridiculous and the campus has nearly 50,000 students on it. Those kinds of jobs just don't come around that often. Marshall has to know his stock is likely at its highest point, and I would think that all of us would understand if he took that gig.
            I agree with all of that except the "stock at the highest point" part. If Fred and Ron come back, he has a legit shot at a final four or national championship with his roster next year

Comment

I agree 100%. He could go to Texas and compete in the conference and nationally right away. And football wouldn't be enough to deter him IMHO. I am not losing sleep over any of this, but this time of the year is always interesting.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                what wound st. johns offer over us or alabama or texas?

Not going to happen. Leading candidates per twitter are the Hurley brothers
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                  I would say to people who think this way to put your money where your mouth is. Charge more for seats. Another $100 per season ticket is $1mm. Who wouldn't pay another $100 a year per seat to keep what we have?

I'm in for my 8. Who else is with me?

Comment

@MedcalfByESPN: "@jeff:Rabjohns: Among jobs open in DI basketball: Alabama, Tennessee, DePaul, St. John's, Arizona St., Bradley, Fordham." No great jobs.
                    The Assman

Comment

Just stay here Gregg. Get a building, street, hell the whole city, named after you.

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                        Just stay here Gregg. Get a building, street, hell the whole city, named after you.
                        Marshall State University.

Hey, that's not half bad!
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          @MedcalfByESPN: "@jeff:Rabjohns: Among jobs open in DI basketball: Alabama, Tennessee, DePaul, St. John's, Arizona St., Bradley, Fordham." No great jobs.
                          Looks like Texas is about to open.

We can officially panic.

Money, top basketball conference in the nation, Big Monday, recruiting hotbed. Even the football team is down right now. I'm still not sure he leaves Fred and Ron in their SR years, but this would interest me if I was him.

Comment

I don't disagree. Just speaking strictly about the cash I know we have options. But there are some times ya just have to tip your hat and acknowledge as being hard to compete with. I've always had Texas in the very short list of jobs that would greatly concern me. Alabama is not in that list. But what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I'm in for my 8. Who else is with me?
                              I would, no question. I'm sure my season ticket bud @HockeyShock: would pony up as well.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                                Looks like Texas is about to open.

We can officially panic.

Money, top basketball conference in the nation, Big Monday, recruiting hotbed. Even the football team is down right now. I'm still not sure he leaves Fred and Ron in their SR years, but this would interest me if I was him.
                                Why panic? What good will come of that?
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X