No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do think Vandy did quite well for themselves with this hire.

Comment

• Vandy AD trying to save face for his fanbase's moronic expectations?

Also, am I reading that correctly? Bryce Drew is saying he'll take Vandy to a title game?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Vandy AD trying to save face for his fanbase's moronic expectations?

Also, am I reading that correctly? Bryce Drew is saying he'll take Vandy to a title game?
        There are lots of title games.

Comment

• I would be surprised if Vandy did not at least reach out to Coach. Wouldn't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I would be surprised if Vandy did not at least reach out to Coach. Wouldn't you?
            My guess would be Vandy called around and asked what it would take to get Marshall in and they got a response similar to the following:

In addition to new facilities, take the most absurd number you can come up with and double it.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Coach Marshall clearly knows how to play the game. One thing he has shown a willingness to do is to listen to what suitors have to say/offer. If nothing else that has helped him to leverage a great package from his current employer. And you just never now when someone will make an offer that is just too good to pass on.

On the other hand he has also shown a great deal of patience and restraint in evaluating any such offers and is apparently very, very selective in what kind of job and offer would entice him to leave his current situation and he is not easily swept off his feet.

I have to believe the biggest issue we have at WSU is our conference affiliation. Going through that 3 games in 88 hours grind the team was put through this year will no doubt not sit well with Coach Marshall. Not sure how much more patience 3G will have for that kind of treatment.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 7, 2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Dont forget 3G wont go anywhere that wont compensate his asst coaches quite well.
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• This appears to have finally been a calm year in the coaching changes column. I know it probably isn't over yet, but this does feel like a fairly safe year. Now if Louisville decided to put the hammer down on Pitino, there may be problems. But other than that, I don't see any changes sans someone going to the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    This appears to have finally been a calm year in the coaching changes column. I know it probably isn't over yet, but this does feel like a fairly safe year. Now if Louisville decided to put the hammer down on Pitino, there may be problems. But other than that, I don't see any changes sans someone going to the NBA.
                    There are rumors the Roy Williams might retire. Don't know if NC losing changes those plans or not. I would think they would hire a North Carolina guy rather than outsider, but that is worth watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      There are rumors the Roy Williams might retire. Don't know if NC losing changes those plans or not. I would think they would hire a North Carolina guy rather than outsider, but that is worth watching.
                      I cant remember them ever hiring an outsider during my time following college basketball. I guess there is always a first for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        My guess would be Vandy called around and asked what it would take to get Marshall in and they got a response similar to the following:

In addition to new facilities, take the most absurd number you can come up with and double it.
                        perfect!

Comment

You mean rumors started by idiots like Dlung Gontlied?

Last edited by pie n eye; April 7, 2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Even so, would Gregg really wanna go to that ticking time bomb? I know we all speculate that might be his dream job, but the timing of it would be scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              You mean rumors started by idiots like Dlung Gontlied?

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...e61512072.html
                              I saw a tweet that said Gottlieb was on A radio show on 810 in kc I think, saying Vandy was going after Marshall with everything they had... Did he make that up too?
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• NM
                                Last edited by Eric; April 7, 2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X