Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    sure
    You'd recognize his name, I would imagine.

I'm a pretty damn skeptical person myself, and when he was playing tag with posters who were trying to figure out who he was, there were a large number of non-SN correlations that happened all around the same time.

I don't know if that makes sense. I'm trying to help his legitimacy without just saying who he is. Doesn't really matter; just enjoy his posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      You'd recognize his name, I would imagine.

I'm a pretty damn skeptical person myself, and when he was playing tag with posters who were trying to figure out who he was, there were a large number of non-SN correlations that happened all around the same time.

I don't know if that makes sense. I'm trying to help his legitimacy without just saying who he is. Doesn't really matter; just enjoy his posts.
      Research WBJ.

Comment

• This is all very fascinating. I look forward to learning what the big deal is all about. However, as an outsider, I still can't figure out what the all-day on-campus interview with Alabama was all about? Why would you let them recruit on your campus? The only thing that makes sense was to let Alabama come so that you can feel good about yourselves when he turned them down.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          Research WBJ.
          I'm gonna guess that is a publication that I know nothing about.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I'm gonna guess that is a publication that I know nothing about.
            My bad...Wichita Business Journal.

Comment

• Originally posted by KUhater View Post
              This is all very fascinating. I look forward to learning what the big deal is all about. However, as an outsider, I still can't figure out what the all-day on-campus interview with Alabama was all about? Why would you let them recruit on your campus? The only thing that makes sense was to let Alabama come so that you can feel good about yourselves when he turned them down.
              You've got it backwards. They were that desperate and he let them come since they insisted. There was no recruiting being done on our campus. It was a humoring of the offer. Marshall was never going anywhere. He said "don't bother" according to media outlets and I would imagine the Alabama AD responded by saying "Just hear me out, I will come up there."

He insisted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                My bad...Wichita Business Journal.
                figured

Comment

This is all very fascinating. I look forward to learning what the big deal is all about. However, as an outsider, I still can't figure out what the all-day on-campus interview with Alabama was all about? Why would you let them recruit on your campus? The only thing that makes sense was to let Alabama come so that you can feel good about yourselves when he turned them down.
                  Did they meet on campus? I guess I assumed that they met at Marshall's home, but I really don't know for sure.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    Gah! I got snubbed again!
                    Do you know Kanye West? Maybe he could intervene...

Comment

I don't think any of the Marshall/Battle meeting took place actually on the campus of WSU. Neither of the parties would be that aloof. I would imagine it was either at Marshall's home, a private room at a nice restaurant in town or Marshall's country club, or a combination of both.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Yo, OregonShocker, imma let you finish but...

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            You've got it backwards. They were that desperate and he let them come since they insisted. There was no recruiting being done on our campus. It was a humoring of the offer. Marshall was never going anywhere. He said "don't bother" according to media outlets and I would imagine the Alabama AD responded by saying "Just hear me out, I will come up there."

He insisted.
                            Actually, I'm not sure people realize how open to this opportunity HCGM really was. He did take the offer seriously and really was planning to make a trip to Tuscaloosa with the family until WSU came back with the $3,000,000 figure. He didn't want to leave Wichita but Alabama definitely did have his attention.
                            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                              Actually, I'm not sure people realize how open to this opportunity HCGM really was. He did take the offer seriously and really was planning to make a trip to Tuscaloosa with the family until WSU came back with the $3,000,000 figure. He didn't want to leave Wichita but Alabama definitely did have his attention.
                              They definitely didn't have Maggie's attention nor Lynn's either.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                They definitely didn't have Maggie's attention nor Lynn's either.
                                For sure. They put their heels down.

I think most men know what happens after that. :)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X