No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bamaonline is the biggest Alabama site on the web. Go look at Luckys post, guy is always spot on. And the insiders on there are usually spot on, the few that still post but when they do. You listen, don't shoot the messagnger just helping yall out

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
      Slightly off topic, but what happened in '97 to create that big spike and then subsequent drop off? Was there a season ticket promotion? That was before my time in Wichita....
      Smithson's first year, maybe some excitement around the program. They were over .500, which I didn't know (was only 6 at the time).

Comment

• Heh. No matter how many planes Bama has, I would bet that, if the football team has them all spoken for on a given day, the basketball coach would be flying commercial, with instructions to save his receipt, so he can get reimbursed for the cost of the ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guest15 View Post
          Bamaonline is the biggest Alabama site on the web. Go look at Luckys post, guy is always spot on. And the insiders on there are usually spot on, the few that still post but when they do. You listen, don't shoot the messagnger just helping yall out
          Noticed you didn't respond to anything.

Comment

• I completely agree that they probably had a great, useful conversation about logistics and money and that it came down to him needing a few days to decide. The part where I disagree is the part where anyone thinks family and fan support wont win out over bigger money.

Get back with me in 3 years when his daughter (remember she has been here 8 years and is a freshman... That means she's been growing up here making friends since 1st grade) has graduated and his stock is even higher through the roof after 100 more wins.

Comment

• Gregg may not make any sort of announcement. He's not done so in the past. At a minimum he will advise the team and recruits. High probability that first hints come from that group.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                Slightly off topic, but what happened in '97 to create that big spike and then subsequent drop off? Was there a season ticket promotion? That was before my time in Wichita....
                I'm guessing the spike was due to Maurice Evans. (And as someone else pointed out, the hiring of Smithson.)

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                How is it that HCGM for the most part until this year below the MT years
                The economic downturn in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                  How is it that HCGM for the most part until this year below the MT years
                  Turgeon coached the first non-sucky team. It was such a huge change that the excitement was off the charts. See FSU NIT game. Combine that with economy and there you go. HCGM brought it back, no doubt, but that first taste of success was dope.

Comment

Bama Fan here, don't flame me. Just giving yall some info our guys are saying. Thought it would be a little helpful
                    - lots of "insiders" on the Bamaonline say Marshall and Battle agreed in principle ( as in money, control etc.)
                    - Family is the hold up Battle gavee him 48 hours to reply
                    - Should know something today I'm guessing around lunch our staff on BOL will be confident or not confident that will be the telling point
                    - The pitino stuff was a long time ago, battle sent out stuff to a lot of coaches. Shaka, Miller, Prohm, little Ricky etc. Marshall has been his number one guy ( Just like Saban was for the late Mal Moore)
                    - The BOL staff and Insiders still seem pretty confident
                    - Couple of other things, One he wouldn't have to share a plane. Alabama has about 3 or 4 for the university. Two he may get a new arena or a huge renovation with the next 2-3 years. Three Alabama football will always be king, but basketball is important to a lot of people, especially with auburn getting pearl. I'm like yall I wish this will just get over with so both sides can move on.
                    Keep in mind .. Battle has a vested interest in making it seem like "They agreed in principle" and that he promised Marshall everything. The best case scenario for Battle if Marshall stays at WSU is to have it be "I really wanted to go, you gave me everything I wanted, but my family doesn't want to go".

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                      I can confirm that McDuffie used to have #ShockerNation on his twitter bio and I believe he had a Shocker background on Twitter. Neither are there now. That's really odd. Crap, now I'm concerned.
                      #ShockerNation is back on his twitter profile, as of this morning.

Comment

Bama Fan here, don't flame me. Just giving yall some info our guys are saying. Thought it would be a little helpful
                        - lots of "insiders" on the Bamaonline say Marshall and Battle agreed in principle ( as in money, control etc.)
                        - Family is the hold up Battle gavee him 48 hours to reply
                        - Should know something today I'm guessing around lunch our staff on BOL will be confident or not confident that will be the telling point
                        - The pitino stuff was a long time ago, battle sent out stuff to a lot of coaches. Shaka, Miller, Prohm, little Ricky etc. Marshall has been his number one guy ( Just like Saban was for the late Mal Moore)
                        - The BOL staff and Insiders still seem pretty confident
                        - Couple of other things, One he wouldn't have to share a plane. Alabama has about 3 or 4 for the university. Two he may get a new arena or a huge renovation with the next 2-3 years. Three Alabama football will always be king, but basketball is important to a lot of people, especially with auburn getting pearl. I'm like yall I wish this will just get over with so both sides can move on.
                        No flame forthcoming but a couple of things:

1)There's this "notion" going around that Lynn and the kids are vetoing the deal. It makes it sound like Gregg is on hand and knee PLEADING with them to let him go to Alabama. Nothing could be further from the truth. Gregg LOVES it here. Almost everything about it. He doesn't like that he has to win 24+ games to get into the dance because of the conference and, surprise surprise, he likes $4.2 million more than $2.4 million. Believe me when I tell you he likes Wichita, his boss, his program, his team, his friends and the prospect of winning, now and in the future, more at WSU than Alabama.

2)You said "insiders" are saying they agreed in principle. I believe this to be factually incorrect. I'm sure the money is fine (What's wrong with your program that you have to pay me this much?) but there are other concerns that I don't believe Gregg got assurances on. I'm NOT claiming they are deal breakers necessarily, but again, to say it's a done deal minus the family agreeing is a bit of hyperbole.

3)While Gregg enjoys football, he's NEVER going to enjoy being second fiddle. Thinking this is a plus for Bama is a mistake.

Maybe Gregg will be the next coach at Alabama. Maybe he won't....I don't know, but I just wanted to clarify those things.
                        Last edited by WuDrWu; April 1, 2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

- Couple of other things, One he wouldn't have to share a plane. Alabama has about 3 or 4 for the university.
                          False.

I'm not really sure why you'd feel the need to lie about this, but unless UA has a super secret nuclear bunker with an inventory of unused and unregistered back-up aircraft, then all you have is N1UA. Stuff like this can be confirmed these days on a few aviation websites, so it makes it a little harder to lie.

And N1UA is a rather sad aircraft as far as corporate aviation goes. I would think with all the swagger that a school like UA likes to roll with that they'd have more impressive flying stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            False.

I'm not really sure why you'd feel the need to lie about this, but unless UA has a super secret nuclear bunker with an inventory of unused and unregistered back-up aircraft, then all you have is N1UA. Stuff like this can be confirmed these days on a few aviation websites, so it makes it a little harder to lie.

And N1UA is a rather sad aircraft as far as corporate aviation goes. I would think with all the swagger that a school like UA likes to roll with that they'd have more impressive flying stock.
                            Maybe the rest are all registered to Saban? :)

Comment

Bamaonline is the biggest Alabama site on the web. Go look at Luckys post, guy is always spot on. And the insiders on there are usually spot on, the few that still post but when they do. You listen, don't shoot the messagnger just helping yall out
                              We appreciate your info, but you can understand our skepticism. Especially with it being April Fools, among the many other reasons. Hope both sides don't have to wait in limbo much longer.

Comment

• They could have agreed in principle that the financial package and other perks were adequate. There would be no reason to sweeten the pot further.

It comes down to what many have said repeatedly. Does he really want to leave? Does the family want to leave? I believe the answer is the second question is no. I also believe Gregg is tempted. I'm hoping for strong resolve on the part of the family.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X