Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE
    Ever wondered who the highest paid coach in men's basketball is? Find out today with USA TODAY's complete salary data.

Not like he was hurting. Shoot, looking at that list he's already the second highest paid in KS, and two spots behind Syracuse's Jim Boeheim and NC's Roy Williams. But, yeah, that's a pile of greenbacks for sure.

Comment

• In other news, I logged into my work email like a professional should -- immediate regret...

Edit: I'm not sure how to post the pic in line, and the thumbnail is pretty small. Suffice to say, it merely shows a F-ton of unread emails...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Can we all agree that for 4-5 million a year, we won't be that mad if he leaves? Good grief.

Comment

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE. Now, for the first time, I am willing to admit that's an offer I could not refuse. If that is true, we need to send him flowers and bake him things and dedicate buildings in his name if he stays. Good grief, Bama. Paging Charles Koch.

It would take an extreme love for Wichita and his players to keep him here, but I do believe it's possible.
          Is he "Satisfied" here. That's the question.

Comment

Can we all agree that for 4-5 million a year, we won't be that mad if he leaves? Good grief.
            True, but if those $s are right, and he leaves, it will be "for the money" and not a dream job.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
              http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...sketball/coach

Not like he was hurting. Shoot, looking at that list he's already the second highest paid in KS, and two spots behind Syracuse's Jim Boeheim and NC's Roy Williams. But, yeah, that's a pile of greenbacks for sure.
              Holy Crap! Coach K!

Comment

• If true, Alabama is beyond desperate. They know all of the negatives surrounding their basketball program.

That would be a pretty sizable rebuilding job. Word has it Marshall isn't too keen on doing anymore rebuilding. I guess we'll see if $4 mil buys that comment back.

Sexton better not be sleeping at night, pulling some major strings, and earning his keep.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Can we all agree that for 4-5 million a year, we won't be that mad if he leaves? Good grief.
                  I wouldn't blame him and personally couldn't turn that down. But I never bought into the whole how many burgers can a man eat schtick...because in the end the almighty dollar prevails.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Its amazing how little the name Mark Few comes up anymore. Why?
                    He makes a little less than Gregg, coaches at a non-P5 school and is as consistently successful as almost any school in the country. "How do you do it Mark?"
                    Lose to Wichita State...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      If true, Alabama is beyond desperate. They know all of the negatives surrounding their basketball program.

That would be a pretty sizable rebuilding job. Word has it Marshall isn't too keen on doing anymore rebuilding. I guess we'll see if $4 mil buys that comment back.

Sexton better not be sleeping at night, pulling some major strings, and earning his keep.
                      Fev, I don't think we can compete with the $4-5M range. HEck, I think getting to 3 or low-3's might be a stretch.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        Fev, I don't think we can compete with the $4-5M range. HEck, I think getting to 3 or low-3's might be a stretch.
                        Thought you were stepping away? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                          http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...sketball/coach

Actually that list doesn't include all coaches...so those probably aren't actual rankings. I'm pretty sure there are more than 57 schools paying more than Wofford's $171,244.

Comment

• What it takes to get someone to think about leaving a team that has barely been outside the top 15 for over two years.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              If true, Alabama is beyond desperate. They know all of the negatives surrounding their basketball program.

Agreed, Alabama is desperate, and I've heard as much from their fanbase.

Not sure that it's really a rebuilding job, though. That's a matter of opinion I guess, I think of rebuilding as exactly what happened to Marshall coming here. Bare of player depth and twice as many losses as wins in year 1 -- I don't think Bama basketball is in quite that rough of shape, is it?

And yeah, someone get Sexton an adderall prescription, time to hit overdrive on getting **** done!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                The number I've seen on some other forums is 31.5 for 6 years. Is that what you heard?
                                If my math is correct that's 5.25 a year? No, that's not the number I was told.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X