The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    If at the end of today there has been no news I think you can pretty much figure 3G's not going to Alabama. He's not going to make a public statement unless he's going; he's never commented publicly on ANY of the prior job offers (other than to bring them up in media interviews months after turning them down).

The more I think about it the more I believe DJ06Shocker has figured it out: Marshall turned both UA and UT down; one took him at face value and moved on, the other flew to Wichita in desperation and made an 8 hour sales pitch.

Still crickets, in spite of the fact that Bama a full week ago screamed from the rooftops they wanted him, and has had five days now to make it happen since Marshall's season ended. If it takes that long to make a sale, one party is trying a lot harder than the other. That's a fact.
    If this is true we have nothing to worry about because the recruits would have been reassured along the way not to get too worried about what they heard in the media. As long as they are good and our returners are good, I'm good.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockingwheat View Post
      What a great propaganda article for Bill Battle. Gregg could leave for Bama any second for all I know, but to me, Battle coming to Wichita screams PR stunt so the bama natives don't go ape **** on him because he "didn't make an effort." He can point to this article and say "See, look. I traveled all the way to Wichita for this man, what else could be done?"
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        If at the end of today there has been no news I think you can pretty much figure 3G's not going to Alabama. He's not going to make a public statement unless he's going; he's never commented publicly on ANY of the prior job offers (other than to bring them up in media interviews months after turning them down).

The more I think about it the more I believe DJ06Shocker has figured it out: Marshall turned both UA and UT down; one took him at face value and moved on, the other flew to Wichita in desperation and made an 8 hour sales pitch.

Still crickets, in spite of the fact that Bama a full week ago screamed from the rooftops they wanted him, and has had five days now to make it happen since Marshall's season ended. If it takes that long to make a sale, one party is trying a lot harder than the other. That's a fact.
        I could be wrong but I thought he released a statement last year that he met with Missouri to hear the future plans for their basketball program, and while he wishes them the best he remains the coach of WSU. Or something along those lines.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Bruce is doing a very good recap/monologue on KFH
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Can't blame GM for using all the attention he is getting for leverage to improve his contract
            here. Hope we have agreed to modify his contract to his satisfaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              I could be wrong but I thought he released a statement last year that he met with Missouri to hear the future plans for their basketball program, and while he wishes them the best he remains the coach of WSU. Or something along those lines.
              I don't recall this, myself.

Comment

• This yearly campaign to keep gregg marshall is reminding me of the save the wings campaigns.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  I imagine that starts to cross a line from unethical to illegal. If the conversation is "will you follow me to my new school?", then the coach is actively recruiting for a school that they aren't employed by. This is probably a breach of contract at the current school.
                  And a violation of NCAA rules for players that have signed a LOI.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 31, 2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• I'm really hoping the ball is in our (Sexton's) court and it's taking some time to convene a sweetened package. If Gregg has a firm AL offer in hand then one might think it's our turn to counter by upping Gregg's current package. At least that's the way a leveraged deal on Gregg's part would seem to play out to this uninformed fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      Its amazing how little the name Mark Few comes up anymore. Why?
                      He makes a little less than Gregg, coaches at a non-P5 school and is as consistently successful as almost any school in the country. "How do you do it Mark?"
                      Spoke with a Zags fan yesterday and he mentioned the fact that Mrs Few is a native from that area is the defining factor.

Comment

• My alphabet cereal this morning swirled around in the bowl and then amazingly, it settled down and spelled out "I am more trustworthy than twitter". Even more amazingly, it then started swirling around again, and this time it spelled out "but I'm still just stupid cereal".

Take it for what its worth. In the meantime, wake me up when there is some actual news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          HCGM hasn't even visited their campus yet. I like Alabama's fans.
                          He did take his team to Tuscaloosa last year. Not sure if he (or Lynn) spent anytime assessing the campus or city.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            And a violation of NCAA rules if the player of NCAA rules for players that have signed a LOI.
                            So are we talking intrigue? MM takes the Shocks off his facebook, then quickly puts it back. Does seem odd to do this unless he now knows HCGM is staying, because it would certainly blow any chance if he wanted to otherwise follow him. Gossip, gossip, gossip. Yeah, I'm stirring the pot.

Comment

• Allowing a prolonged media circus involving big names and then eventually turning them down while they flounder does a TON for the WSU name nationally. This is what you would do if you were really bought into raising WSUs profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Spoke with a Zags fan yesterday and he mentioned the fact that Mrs Few is a native from that area is the defining factor.
                                This may be the reason he stays, but the reason his name does not come up is because he is not receptive to most offers and his agent has made that clear.

Schools usually do not leak candidates without at least lukewarm reception from the back channel overtures.

Comment

Working...
                                X