The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuscaloosa View Post
    To be fair, the individuals posting in that particular thread are paying money to do so.
    Again, kind of a silly argument, but those fans paying aren't paying for basketball access, are they? They are paying for access to football information, which just so happens to also give them access to the basketball forum, or am I dead wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      I heard Bill Battle hates dogs.
      And cats, gardening, teenagers and blondes.

Comment

• You know this is all stupid -- and moot. We will know what we will know soon. Don't be bringing up things that happened a year ago (Saban's daughter) that have absolutely nothing to do with the events unfolding right now. And Marshall is aware of attendance at Alabama and even though Alabama's big dogs are here to put their personal spin on things, Marshall is AWARE. And we all know he is definitely not stupid. If he is interested in the offer from Alabama and he thinks he can be the one to bring Alabama bb back into the light, then he will try. And try. And try. But do any of us think Alabama bb will ever be what he wants? For his sake, if he chooses to go, I hope it is and I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for us here at WSU. I am hoping my hardest that GM will be our coach next year and for many years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          Agreed. Not comparing apples to oranges. I am too cheap to pay Rivals for the privilege of posting on their sites. Do you have a 'free' blog? Can you give us the URL?
          Careful here, but this site is called TideFans. Personally, I can't stand this website or its administration - but there are many Bama fans who do. Here's the basketball coaching search thread... definitely not any "inside info" to be had here - but there is a decent amount of discussion:

Comment

Agreed. Not comparing apples to oranges. I am too cheap to pay Rivals for the privilege of posting on their sites. Do you have a 'free' blog? Can you give us the URL?
            http://www.secrant.com/mobile/rant/display.aspx?p=56000857&pg=49#lp

Have to get access to post though.

Comment

• sorry, I just don't see why any decent coach would want to coach in this dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Again, kind of a silly argument, but those fans paying aren't paying for basketball access, are they? They are paying for access to football information, which just so happens to also give them access to the basketball forum, or am I dead wrong?
                You're correct, but that wasn't my point. I was just pointing out that there would be even more discussion taking place if the site was free to read and post. Having 125+ posts, and 12,000+ views in 3 hours on a website that requires a monthly subscription is pretty solid for a fanbase that doesn't care about basketball.

Comment

• I DO NOT SEE THE PURPOSE OF BASHING ALABAMA

Comment

And i love Austin. Born and raised in Spring,TX."
                    Okay, that part cracks me up. Spring, TX and Austin are as close together as Wichita and Lawrence... living in one does not necessarily imply loving the other. Now, if said person was born in Pflugerville, might be a different story.

Anyway, I'll sidestep a bit... saw a tweet from one of the hosts for Houston's Sports Radio 610 who is fairly well connected with the basketball scene down here. He noted that John Lucas appears to be the leading candidate for the 'Horns job.

Now back to the 'Bama posts.
                    Last edited by TxShox; March 30, 2015, 01:06 PM. Reason: grammar correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                      You know this is all stupid -- and moot. We will know what we will know soon. Don't be bringing up things that happened a year ago (Saban's daughter) that have absolutely nothing to do with the events unfolding right now. And Marshall is aware of attendance at Alabama and even though Alabama's big dogs are here to put their personal spin on things, Marshall is AWARE. And we all know he is definitely not stupid. If he is interested in the offer from Alabama and he thinks he can be the one to bring Alabama bb back into the light, then he will try. And try. And try. But do any of us think Alabama bb will ever be what he wants? For his sake, if he chooses to go, I hope it is and I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for us here at WSU. I am hoping my hardest that GM will be our coach next year and for many years to come.
                      My context is that Saban is the big dog in Tuscaloosa. Don't jack with him or his family. There will be a price if you do.

Anyone who takes the HC job at Alabama will find out soon enough.

Comment

This is what your 'source' (who apparently lives in Wichita but also appears to claim to live in Texas said to me yesterday, isn't this one ironic:

"Just saying dont assume you know stuff other people dont because you have "lived there". That still does not tell me you know both sides of every story. Anyone can read press clippings and believe them to be 100% truthful. Nothing you spouted off tells me that you know any more about UT than the next guy.

Working with alums will get you some credit. But even then, i know many alums and they dont know anything more than anyone else either...even though they like to act like they do.

And i love Austin. Born and raised in Spring,TX."

Apparently said person doesn't know any more about UT than they do about WSU. But hey, they have a scoop, they just haven't 'been to the office yet' ROFLMAO.
                        Hey i am owning up that perhaps things changed or i misunderstood what the story was. I said that from the beginning. Or hell maybe only the timetable of what i was told has changed.

Its all good though. Pile it on if it makes ya feel like a man.

I still stand by the person that i spoke to this morning. I only passed on what i was told.

Oh and i was born and raised in spring tx as i stated.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I think there's too much crazy going on here these days. I will be glad when this carnival has packed up and left town and HCGM is still @ Wichita State.

Comment

• I went over to the UNI board to see their reaction about Tuttle being named an All-American and found myself in their topic about Marshall and Texas. I came across this gem:

I'm torn as to how this impacts UNI.

On one hand, this is not good news for the MVC and in turn bad news for us.

On the other hand, it opens up the door for us to reclaim the top spot and return to our role as the Valley's flagship program.
                            Is this guy from the future because I sure as hell know this was never the case at any point in the last 100 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                              You know this is all stupid -- and moot. We will know what we will know soon. Don't be bringing up things that happened a year ago (Saban's daughter) that have absolutely nothing to do with the events unfolding right now. And Marshall is aware of attendance at Alabama and even though Alabama's big dogs are here to put their personal spin on things, Marshall is AWARE. And we all know he is definitely not stupid. If he is interested in the offer from Alabama and he thinks he can be the one to bring Alabama bb back into the light, then he will try. And try. And try. But do any of us think Alabama bb will ever be what he wants? For his sake, if he chooses to go, I hope it is and I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for us here at WSU. I am hoping my hardest that GM will be our coach next year and for many years to come.
                              Alabama fans show up to support winning programs. No one disputes Wichita has had a great basketball program, hence we are trying to hire Marshall. But I am tired of the stereotype that Alabama only supports football. Wichita State may only have basketball but try telling Pat Murphy or Sarah Patterson they were wasting their time at a "football school".

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
                                Okay, that part cracks me up. Spring, TX and Austin are as close together as Wichita and Lawrence... living in one does not necessarily imply loving the other. Now, if said person was born in Pflugerville, might be a different story.

Anyway, I'll sidestep a bit... saw a tweet from one of the hosts for Houston's Sports Radio 610 who is fairly well connected with the basketball scene down here. He noted that John Lucas appears to be the leading candidate for the 'Horns job.

Now back to the 'Bama posts.
                                The NBA connection makes sense to me. Patterson has NBA connections. If you want to emulate Kentucky with the 1 and dones, you need a NBA guy.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X