The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas is a basketball hellhole.

If you simply want a paycheck, go for it. But they are a nothing in the college basketball world.

And honestly, for how much $$ is poured into their major athletic programs, they have sucked BAD lately.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Texas is a basketball hellhole.

If you simply want a paycheck, go for it. But they are a nothing in the college basketball world.

And honestly, for how much $$ is poured into their major athletic programs, they have sucked BAD lately.
      It's really odd. Texas is a hotbed for high school basketball.A lot of those kids would stay in Texas ina heartbeat if the programs were decent. Look at the recruits that go to SMU, Houston, A&M, etc. The state of Texas is dying for a premier coach to come in and dominate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        It's really odd. Texas is a hotbed for high school basketball.A lot of those kids would stay in Texas ina heartbeat if the programs were decent. Look at the recruits that go to SMU, Houston, A&M, etc. The state of Texas is dying for a premier coach to come in and dominate.
        I thought that Shaka was that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          In additions to the ones mentioned above, I had a source on this board and a friend that was a donar that helped with the contract at Flint Hills. They didn't say he was pining for it, only that they believed he was interested in it.
          Gregg never saw a job that he didn't want to say no to.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              I thought that Shaka was that guy.
              He is, he just needs time to get his recruits in. He has three 4-Stars recruits and 3.7 star recruit coming in next year. He also has 2 more scholarships to give (which they are hoping to sign 5-star recruits they are pursuing).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                He is, he just needs time to get his recruits in. He has three 4-Stars recruits and 3.7 star recruit coming in next year. He also has 2 more scholarships to give (which they are hoping to sign 5-star recruits they are pursuing).
                His cupboard wasn't exactly bare coming into the job.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A 3.7 star recruit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    A 3.7 star recruit?
                    I lol'ed.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I'm aware that's the current state. That has nothing to do with where Gregg would be if Texas had offered. I'm not saying with absolute certainty that he would have taken it; only that he wanted the opportunity to consider it.
                      And how do you know that? All we know is that you knew someone who thought that was the case, which is the kind of thing that's sometimes true and sometimes the way urban legends get started. Not that it matters, and he's certainly better off for being here.

Comment

• I here Gregg is pursuing a 3.8 kid out of Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                          I here Gregg is pursuing a 3.8 kid out of Texas
                          Who knew recruiting had become such an exact science? The difference is that when Marshall goes after a 3.8 guy, it's probably a reference to his GPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            And how do you know that? All we know is that you knew someone who thought that was the case, which is the kind of thing that's sometimes true and sometimes the way urban legends get started. Not that it matters, and he's certainly better off for being here.
                            If you are looking for verifiable proof, you won't find it here.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              A 3.7 star recruit?
                              I suppose that means that recruit is not a consensus 4 star recruit and that represents his average of all the player rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                I suppose that means that recruit is not a consensus 4 star recruit and that represents his average of all the player rankings.
                                Yep.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X