The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    Not that I'm anyone's favorite poster, but Shockernet in the offseason is a bit of a drag.

The good, compromising 80% of discussion from March through April, then 5% of discussion after that until the season starts:

The bad, compromising 20% of discussion from March through April, then 95% of discussion after that until the season starts:

I normally check-out around May and, save a bi-weekly check of the recruiting forum, don't check back much until October.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Well, Rixtoy, I've never seen them in the same room at the same time either -- but Lynn's hair is much more wavy.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          I'm sure you think you've made a good point here, but you're going to have to esplain it to me.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
            I'm sure you think you've made a good point here, but you're going to have to esplain it to me.
            I'm going to go out on a limb and say you typed "compromising" when you meant "comprising".
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Gregg Marshall's WSU future is a national championship. He's going to get one at some point, it's just a matter when.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Gregg Marshall's WSU future is a national championship. He's going to get one at some point, it's just a matter when.
                I spend a lot of my money and time rooting for that to happen. That said, I'd put it at 50/50 whether he reaches another Final 4 at WSU. Look how good the last 5 teams were. They advanced past the Sweet 16 just once. That' not a knock on Marshall at all. That's a sign of how hard it is to make a deep run. For every team in the Final 4 in a given year, there are a handful of really good teams that didn't make it that far.

Odds he wins it all at WSU sometime during his career? 3:1? 5:1? Whatever they are, they are a heck of a lot better than any of us probably even dreamed of up until a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  I spend a lot of my money and time rooting for that to happen. That said, I'd put it at 50/50 whether he reaches another Final 4 at WSU. Look how good the last 5 teams were. They advanced past the Sweet 16 just once. That' not a knock on Marshall at all. That's a sign of how hard it is to make a deep run. For every team in the Final 4 in a given year, there are a handful of really good teams that didn't make it that far.

Odds he wins it all at WSU sometime during his career? 3:1? 5:1? Whatever they are, they are a heck of a lot better than any of us probably even dreamed of up until a few years ago.
                  Thank you, captain obvious.

Comment

• Anxious to see the next 5 years, considering the influx of 3 and 4 star recruits now, and soon to be, on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Thank you, captain obvious.
                      I explained why I thoroughly disagreed with what you said, and that makes me captain obvious? Doesn't that, by your own admission, make your original comments obviously wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Anxious to see the next 5 years, considering the influx of 3 and 4 star recruits now, and soon to be, on the roster.
                        I'll be exceedingly happy if the 3 and 4 star recruits coming in right now turn out to be 90% as good as Fred and Ron.

Comment

I'll be exceedingly happy if the 3 and 4 star recruits coming in right now turn out to be 90% as good as Fred and Ron.
                          +1. The pure athletic ability these young guys are bringing in are definitely ahead of what Ron and Fred brought, in some cases, it's not even close. That being said, the heart and mind of those two guys made up for any athletic abilities they may have lacked plus a whole lot more. No way of knowing yet what these youngsters bring in those two areas. Made me think though, imagine the heart and mind of FVV and Ron in the bodies of CJ and Landry. Lottery Picks. I'm not saying these guys don't have those intangibles, but if they do, the F4 percentages go way up in my mind.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I think the coaching staff has proven to be a pretty good judge of talent. With that in mind I am excited to see how Shamet, McDuffie, and Reaves careers progress as well as the other guys on the team - there are a handful of guys who could take the next step in 2016.

Comment

I don't expect the next 5 years to be too different from the last 5. The 1-8 talent upgrade is enough to get an oldtimer like me pretty excited.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could be getting even better players than what they've had, who achieve even greater success teamwise & individually. It happens all the time in college ball.

Why would Wichita St. be different?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                Why would Wichita St. be different?
                                Different than who? How about we look at Gonzaga, Butler, and VCU over the past 15 years? They've been very strong mid-majors with occasional NBA talent. Those 3 teams have combined for 24 appearances as a single digit seed over the past 15 years. They have 3 Final Fours, 0 National Championships.

Finals Fours are really hard. Fred and Ron said they were sure they would get back to another one after their Freshman year. They didn't even reach another Elite 8.

If you told me Marshall had one more Final Four team upcoming, I'd be really happy. If you told me Marshall had one National Championship team upcoming, I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X