The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is wsu's "cheating" past?
    Maybe I am too young to remember or know about it?

Comment

• Gave a recruit from California a coat while he was in town. It was winter in Wichita. That's unforgivable, isn't it?

Comment

• [QUOTE=ISASO;653102]Gave a recruit from California a coat while he was in town. It was winter in Wichita. That's unforgivable, isn't it?[
        /QUOTE]

Hoppy?

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
          Gave a recruit from California a coat while he was in town. It was winter in Wichita. That's unforgivable, isn't it?
          That was the only incident found for the current basketball staff.
          There were other incidents amongst the football program and under previous leadership in the basketball program. The findings were extremely minor however when compared to the stories in the national media that lead to the investigation.

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/01/06/Wichita-State-under-NCAA-investigation-for-a-series-of/1217379141200/

Google "Wichita State Abortion" for some great stories. I pulled up the paper archives and the movie ads at the time were, "9-5" with Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda,"Any Which Way but Loose"' with Clint Eastwood, and "Stir Crazy" with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder.
          Last edited by wufan; April 10, 2016, 08:03 AM.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Well.. thanks?

In other news, the sky is blue.
            Holy $hit! NOW I'm worried!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              That was the only incident found for the current basketball staff.
              There were other incidents amongst the football program and under previous leadership in the basketball program. The findings were extremely minor however when compared to the stories in the national media that lead to the investigation.

Wichita State, under NCAA investigation for a series of alleged violations, Wednesday awaited word on a ruling by college basketball's governing body....

What we were found guilty of was petty compared to what teams are found guilty of today. That being said, tell me the last program, especially a P5 program, that was given a TWO YEAR ban from the post season AND television?

However, what the program was found guilty of and what was actually going on were 2 different things. We were cheating huge at the time. Along with everyone else.

Cash money was REGULARLY (as in monthly) handed out to ku players at one lawrence watering hole. Often times with LB working the bar. Do you think for one second that Greg Dreiling was paid to come to WSU and somehow went to ku for free? His hand was out from the time he was a junior in high school and it stayed out into the NBA. And it was never empty.

The playing field isn't even today, and it wasn't even then either. If it would have been, ku would have gotten the axe in late 87 and there would have been no Cheater and the Miracles with their de facto home court tourney.

Comment

• Whatever you do please pay no attention to the village idiot. He's like a bad penny. You can't get rid of him.

Trust me I would like nothing more than to have your coach become our coach, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

I'm also sure you're sick of having every school in the country taking a crack at him as well. This is the same thing we had to put up with Coach Sleezball every year. My only suggestion to you is IF he decides to go, don't go into panic mode. You'll end up with a Josh Pastner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chi-TownTiger View Post
                  Whatever you do please pay no attention to the village idiot. He's like a bad penny. You can't get rid of him.

Trust me I would like nothing more than to have your coach become our coach, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

I'm also sure you're sick of having every school in the country taking a crack at him as well. This is the same thing we had to put up with Coach Sleezball every year. My only suggestion to you is IF he decides to go, don't go into panic mode. You'll end up with a Josh Pastner.
                  such anger to follow me around...If Marshall is ready to go, he'll go...of not, so be it...we did the same thing year after year with Cal...I remember NC State and tracking planes, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                    such anger to follow me around...If Marshall is ready to go, he'll go...of not, so be it...we did the same thing year after year with Cal...I remember NC State and tracking planes, lol.
                    Cool, we had nc state one year too. Sounds like Memphis went through the same stuff we put up with every year so they know. I guess as soon as our coach cheats, has wins vacated and we could be facing some sort of sanctions that's when we should start to worry about him jumping ship? Do I have this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                      Yeah I planned my day around following numbnutz.

Comment

• I wonder who we would hire if he goes?

Comment

• Ok, now is the time to get rid of these guys, please. Even the semi nice one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                            Cool, we had nc state one year too. Sounds like Memphis went through the same stuff we put up with every year so they know. I guess as soon as our coach cheats, has wins vacated and we could be facing some sort of sanctions that's when we should start to worry about him jumping ship? Do I have this right?
                            Now that Cal is the coach of Kentucky, he's Honest John. Think about it.

Comment

• This always feels like a tornado warning. A coaching position opens and everyone starts muttering and heading for the basement and the sirens are going off. You get down there and everyone is closely watching the wall clouds. You get bored and anxious from the wait. Then either the tornado hits which is mostly infrequent but does a lot of damage or they finally give the all clear. Let's have the all clear please.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                I wonder who we would hire if he goes?
                                Your mom would be a great hire.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X