No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are Kunkle and Parsons on the Self to OKC rumors?

Comment

• What the hell is this doing in a thread about our coach? Get this BS crap outta here!
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
        What the hell is this doing in a thread about our coach? Get this BS crap outta here!
        It was in here with all the other off-topic posts.

Go back a page and look at the posts about the OKC Thunder coach being fired.

Comment

• Sources say that Donovan from Florida may be the target for OKC. They just hired the ex-Bama coach as an assistant again. Where does Florida look to replace Donovan? I can't imagine from within. I imagine Marshall takes his name off the table for now due to how WSU stepped up this year but what if they come looking for him? Not that worried, just curious where they may target if he goes. Florida is warm and has good B-ball history. Its still a football school but...

Comment

• Can we kill this thread please?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
              Can we kill this thread please?
              Let it die a normal death by taking the sticky off.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                Can we kill this thread please?
                No.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Yes.

Comment

• Good call

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      Totally forgot it was stickied.

Good call @1979Shocker: and @DUShock:
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                        Sources say that Donovan from Florida may be the target for OKC. They just hired the ex-Bama coach as an assistant again. Where does Florida look to replace Donovan? I can't imagine from within. I imagine Marshall takes his name off the table for now due to how WSU stepped up this year but what if they come looking for him? Not that worried, just curious where they may target if he goes. Florida is warm and has good B-ball history. Its still a football school but...
                        With their History of National Championships and his history with the program, you wonder if Florida would have been more desirable for Shaka Smart.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          With their History of National Championships and his history with the program, you wonder if Florida would have been more desirable for Shaka Smart.
                          Agent: "Coach... so the Florida job opened up, and they said they wanted you but you just took the Texas job.... soooooo..."

Shaka:
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                            Sources say that Donovan from Florida may be the target for OKC. They just hired the ex-Bama coach as an assistant again. Where does Florida look to replace Donovan? I can't imagine from within. I imagine Marshall takes his name off the table for now due to how WSU stepped up this year but what if they come looking for him? Not that worried, just curious where they may target if he goes. Florida is warm and has good B-ball history. Its still a football school but...
                            Point of Information: Florida's first NCAA Tournament appearance was in 1988. Their "history" extends precisely to about midway through Lon Kruger's stay there, and their national titles are due solely to the luck of having Joakim Noah.

They're not the powerhouse they seem to be, Jenn Bates. They'll make a good hire, but they won't be a threat to get Marshall at this point. They would have to offer $5M+ a year to start, and even that probably wouldn't be enough to get him to turn heel at this point in the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              What might Anthony Grant be thinking?
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                What might Anthony Grant be thinking?
                                Should've gone to the MVC. He should be at Bradley. Is it too late for him to just pull out and hire on at SIU? or are they really keeping Barry? I haven't heard anything on that front because of the AD situation, but I'd be surprised if he's back. If he does get more time, I really hope he can save his career next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X