No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @PaulS:uellentrop: Alabama threw every bit of its SEC might around, even involving its development staff and Nick Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, had a role, from
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Just got home from the baseball game.

Did I miss anything? I assume a lot of unsourced speculation, 3 parties of elation and 3 epic meltdowns? It was a long game.
      Nothing much...things like enhanced package for I think our men's basketball coach, but I'm not totally sure.

Comment

• @PaulS:uellentrop: People are telling me Marshall was debating a tough choice all day. Had to be exhausting for him. WSU made it worth his while and home-field

@PaulS:uellentrop: advantage took care of the rest. WSU's knocked off a bunch of top programs in the NCAA Tournament. Also defended Marshall against an

@PaulS:uellentrop: equally impressive list of schools in recent years.

Comment

• image.jpg

Comment

• Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. What a night. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              has to be one of Muller's Assistants right
              One of Muller's assistants would NEVER refer to Gregg as a "Titan".

Comment

• It's probably taboo to quote your own post, but I'm just going to leave this here as I think it got lost in the shuffle when threads got combined.
                I think every job offer that Marshall has gotten in the past could have brought this board to its knees like the 'Bama stuff has, but with 'Bama it was on national media outlets and was probably double $$ offer than offers past.

I used not be blind that Marshall might leave for greener pastures near his hometown in SC or NC, but now I think I am blind because I just saw the "transfiguration" of Wichita State's awesome power. $3.3 million!!! Wow! Congrats to Dr. Bardo and ADES and major donors who have stepped up to pay the MAN! I am excited for Wichita State Athletically and Academically (and Innovation-ally) and also for the City of Wichita economically. We should take pride in our University, City, and our long-time HC. The article I linked in my quote is a good reason I felt Marshall would stay. I'm glad it came to fruition.

Gregg you are loved, we are happy you and your family can call this city your home.

#SHOXUP

Originally posted by BlkSaxShock View Post
                I did some research on this topic and dug up an article from the past during his time at Winthrop:

College basketball fan site featuring the original Mid-Major Top 25 poll, coach columns from NCAA coaches, Angela Lento's Runway to the Fashionable Four and more.

Please give a complete read as it plays perfectly into the narrative today....and Marshall's narrative has never wavered.

He says the same things now that he did then:

As we all know Marshall made 7 NCAA tourney appearances in his 9 years at Winthrop and has been successful in the post season the past 5 years at Wichita State. And the reason Marshall stayed at Winthrop all those years is the same as why he has stayed at Wichita State and has been mentioned ad naseum by Marshall...

The one thing that is different between his job at Winthrop and his job at Wichita State? Winning in March.

Marshall has proven consistently that he can win in March. 2011 NIT Champs, 2013 FF, 2014 Perfect season and game of the tourney, 2015 sweet 16 and MARCHing!

Money alone is not going to lure Marshall away. He and his family are happy here. Sure it could happen, but it wont happen this year given our assets coming back next year. I think there are only about 3 or 4 jobs that could interest him at this point and they reside in the Carolinas.
                LL&P _\\//

Comment

• @GottliebShow: Gregg Marshall is perfect for Wichita State, he can be their Saban.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    @GottliebShow: Gregg Marshall is perfect for Wichita State, he can be their Saban.
                    Still hate you Gottlieb.

Comment

• Well, this thread better pass EO this year.

I would be SHOCKED (you're welcome for that one), if this thread becomes popular again for a LONG time.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        @GottliebShow: Gregg Marshall is perfect for Wichita State, he can be their Saban.

Normally I would normally take this as a complement but not sure it is flattering to us or Coach Marshall coming from him.

Comment

• I am just so ****ing happy. I will continue to drink crown and read SN. Regardless of class tomorrow.
                          **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Comment

• Shocker Nation be like

The Assman

Comment

• EXPOSURE!

TrendieWW - Trends@TrendieWW 1h1 hour ago
                              "Gregg Marshall" shows up as trending topic world wide at rank 10.

What a great night to be a Shocker. Felt like Gregg was going to stay after Texas decided not to pursue him, but to find out he turned down $5 million is unreal. The fact that we can pay him $3.3 million. We've hit the big time! Now if only Cal can stay at Kentucky forever.

Comment

• I posted that my gut told me he would stay. I guess I should have told you all just how big my gut is. You all wouldn't have been so worried then. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X