No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Lutz sounding like a clueless dumbass right now on Shane Dennis' show.

First he quotes Marshall's ranking the USA Today Tournament Coaches database as if it is all inclusive. "Gregg Marshall is already the #24 highest paid coach according to USA Today." No Bob, all that means is he is #24 out of 68.

Now going off on a tangent about why WSU can't afford to up Marshall's pay because they have other academic priorities to worry about. Apparently he totally has no idea on how Marshall is actually paid, and how the AD is primarily funded.

This is what it takes to be a media member in Wichita.
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; April 1, 2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
      so him takin it off his twitter feed meant what then , as opposed to now?? if the recruit was sure of coaches commitment to him ,, would he not have made any change? not that a twitter feed change means anything in reality. hope you don't place all your stock in what a twitter feed does
      Hey, don't tell ME the sky isn't falling1

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        I wonder, if we got enough people in on it, if we could start a fake thread and see if it picked up traction as a "source"
        ShockerNet is included as part of my WSU feed on BleacherReport's app.

So, yes.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
          so him takin it off his twitter feed meant what then , as opposed to now?? if the recruit was sure of coaches commitment to him ,, would he not have made any change? not that a twitter feed change means anything in reality. hope you don't place all your stock in what a twitter feed does
          Hey, don't tell ME the sky isn't falling!!! I FELT that acorn! :tennis:

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            What a great troll job that would be to announce it at the game. Would make me like ADES so much more. :)
            Outfield video board for the announcement and then bring the Marshall family out on the field in their brand new convertible and take a victory lab around Eck Stadium.

The thing is if we knew that in advance they could sell out tonight's game. Maybe missed an opportunity there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Outfield video board for the announcement
              No one would know what it said

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Bob Lutz sounding like a clueless dumbass right now on Shane Dennis' show.
                Maybe Bob stopped off before he went to the radio station. *** glug glug glug glug ***

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  No one would know what it said
                  You could see them though... with some binoculars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
                    Maybe Bob stopped off before he went to the radio station. *** glug glug glug glug ***
                    Better than eating a sandwich on air like Haertl

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time HCGM has been passed over for his "prickly" personality. I remember Clemson folks talking about this years ago when they were hiring a coach and it seems like South Carolina had a similar sentiment (which seems a but ironic). But I still feel like that edginess is what makes him so good for this university. Perhaps this is unrealistic but at some point I wish HCGM would step back and look at the opportunities that WSU has given him and remain loyal to that. Who gives a damn that Shaka may make 2.8 mill a year? Isn't that pretty close to what he'll make this year? He gets paid stupid money, he wants for nothing and he is accepted for who he is. We've given him the chance to make this HIS dynasty. So do it!
                      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                        Smart is a sexy pick, he's young, he's someone they will try to shape in their University image. Marshall is the true heavyweight but he's a junkyard dog who wasn't going to let Patterson groom him. He's his own man. That's my two cents.
                        Hammer meets nail.

Marshall is our JYD

Comment

• Bama board is imploding .. Blaming Marshall for "leading them on" when it very well looks like Battle just didn't understand what no meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            2.8 mil per year. They don't have to offer "Alabama" money because they have something to offer.
                            They didn't offer Alabama money because they don't have Alabama money. People think Texas is next to God in terms of cash. Two problems: 1) The drop in oil prices have put a ton of boosters out of the 'I wanna run an athletic department business' and 2) The Longhorn Network, leveraged to be the most incredible windfall of cash known to man, has subsequently flopped worse than a NBA player guarding a drive to the basket.

Don't get me wrong, Texas isn't 'poor' or 'broke'. But they are not to be considered the Texas of old either. This SEC Network thing has changed the game for those schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Bama board is imploding .. Blaming Marshall for "leading them on" when it very well looks like Battle just didn't understand what no meant.
                              BREAKING:

...Alabama's composure

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                                If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time HCGM has been passed over for his "prickly" personality. I remember Clemson folks talking about this years ago when they were hiring a coach and it seems like South Carolina had a similar sentiment (which seems a but ironic). But I still feel like that edginess is what makes him so good for this university. Perhaps this is unrealistic but at some point I wish HCGM would step back and look at the opportunities that WSU has given him and remain loyal to that. Who gives a damn that Shaka may make 2.8 mill a year? Isn't that pretty close to what he'll make this year? He gets paid stupid money, he wants for nothing and he is accepted for who he is. We've given him the chance to make this HIS dynasty. So do it!
                                I have it from solid sources that WSU has offered significantly more than the 2.8m that Smart was offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X