The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
    All I know is either way,, stayin or goin ,, I would like a little more of a committed answer,, Either say your stayin for a while or say what you are really looking for is X So the rest of the world (recruits included)(and schools who want to offer) can make an informed decision as to whether or not the chance of him getting his X is gonna happen in the near future. This every year thing get's old,, not just for fans ,, but your players , recruits ,,and eventually the schools that might want ya.
    So do you know that he has not addressed players or recruits personally yet? My guess is he has, otherwise McDuffie wouldn't put #ShockerNation back in his Twitter bio.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If I had Shaka money at 37 I would have made Quin Snyder look like Mother Teresa.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I wonder when ADGP said that Gregg was blunt if he was referring to:

ADGP: Hey Gregg, we'd like to talk to you about being the next head coach at Texas.

HCGM: I'll listen, what are you offering?

ADGP: 5 year/$14 million

HCGM: Are you effing kidding me???

ADGP: We're Texas, you should be thankful we're offering you anything.

HCGM: GFY

ADGP: Hey your bluntness doesn't come off so well sometimes.

HCGM: Seriously, GFY and don't call me again and waste anymore of my time. I have nets to cut down and rings to be sized for.

ADGP: Gregg, do you have Shaka's phone number by chance?
        How did you tap 3Gs phone?! I guess you are the Doc after all.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          LostLettermen.com ‏@LostLettermen 2m2 minutes ago Maybe VCU will rehire Anthony Grant. Rehiring your old HC is all the rage these days...
          I think this is one really good reason why the whole thing may happen. How do you pacify a sad fanbase who may have to face losing Shaka? Re-hire your first love. They will have nothing but fond memories of him unless it was received badly when he first left.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I wonder when ADGP said that Gregg was blunt if he was referring to:

ADGP: Hey Gregg, we'd like to talk to you about being the next head coach at Texas.

HCGM: I'll listen, what are you offering?

ADGP: 5 year/$14 million

HCGM: Are you effing kidding me???

ADGP: We're Texas, you should be thankful we're offering you anything.

HCGM: GFY

ADGP: Hey your bluntness doesn't come off so well sometimes.

HCGM: Seriously, GFY and don't call me again and waste anymore of my time. I have nets to cut down and rings to be sized for.

ADGP: Gregg, do you have Shaka's phone number by chance?
            What will be funny as hell is if Shaka does his due diligence on Patterson, then says, thanks, but not thanks....
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
              All I know is either way,, stayin or goin ,, I would like a little more of a committed answer,, Either say your stayin for a while or say what you are really looking for is X So the rest of the world (recruits included)(and schools who want to offer) can make an informed decision as to whether or not the chance of him getting his X is gonna happen in the near future. This every year thing get's old,, not just for fans ,, but your players , recruits ,,and eventually the schools that might want ya.
              Good things come to those who wait. ;-)
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                So do you know that he has not addressed players or recruits personally yet? My guess is he has, otherwise McDuffie wouldn't put #ShockerNation back in his Twitter bio.
                so him takin it off his twitter feed meant what then , as opposed to now?? if the recruit was sure of coaches commitment to him ,, would he not have made any change? not that a twitter feed change means anything in reality. hope you don't place all your stock in what a twitter feed does
                From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• I don't want Shaka to leave VCU just like I don't want Marshall to leave WSU. But if one has to go then let me tell Shaka that the stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Good things come to those who wait. ;-)
                    So does death.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      The Texas AD must be living on another planet, thinking Marshall is not good at exciting the fan base or engaging with the fan baae. Struck out (not) looking on this one Steve.... (thank God for us).....
                      People down here just don't know basketball. I mean maybe a random few do but as a rule they don't get it. Smart is a sexy pick, he's young, he's someone they will try to shape in their University image. Marshall is the true heavyweight but he's a junkyard dog who wasn't going to let Patterson groom him. He's his own man. That's my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                        I'm running out of data checking Shockernet every 30 seconds. Looks like Verizon is going to get an extra $15 from me this month.
                        I'm not the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                          Kai now knows who I am and how I got the above information.
                          What is the mystery to get "inside" of. We suck...I say respectfully.

Comment

• TheHoundztooth ‏@TheHoundztooth 5m5 minutes ago
                            Per Andy Katz on Finebaum, Wichita St working on an enhanced contract for Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              I don't want Shaka to leave VCU just like I don't want Marshall to leave WSU. But if one has to go then let me tell Shaka that the stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of texas.
                              Is this you on the phone with him?! ;)

The Assman

Comment

• Smart's an excellent get for Texas imo. I personally think it is crazy to choose him over HCGM (if that is what happened) but an excellent hire.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X