No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @1972Shocker: will there be a podcast?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      @1972Shocker will there be a podcast?
      I think maybe they did say it would be added to the best of Mike & Mike archives but I am not real sure about that nor do I know when that would be available.

Comment

• Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall discusses his decision to remain with the Shockers, the difficulties of coaching Kentucky and what opponents must do to have a chance to beat the Wildcats.

Here's the M&M interview
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Not sure why they led with the Kentucky question instead of his contract, but whatever.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Not sure why they led with the Kentucky question instead of his contract, but whatever.
            It was kind of the topic of the day and they had had several other coaches on prior to Marshall that were asked the same question.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              It was kind of the topic of the day and they had had several other coaches on prior to Marshall that were asked the same question.
              Ah, I see. That was the only bit I listened to. Fair enough.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Did anyone pick up on Gregg's comment, it might have been on Bruce Heartl's intervie with Gregg, about "possibly" adding executive boxes to CKA and "possibly" doing some other things? It really stuck out to me since I thought these were "done deals." Do you suppose the new offer took any of this off the table?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  "Maggie really didn't want to go and because of that, my wife put her heels down...Lynn put her heels down."
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I think he would have made the visit to Alabama, taken some more more time and been torn up about it. Eventually by Monday he would be back in wichita and announce he's staying, but with this feeling that WSU didn't work with him that much. In other words, he might feel like he made a huge sacrifice to stay but the school didn't reciprocate much sacrifice to help match the offer. Little things that may go a long way later.

Instead WSU made a similar sacrifice as a major gesture to show him what he's worth and that goes a long way in the right direction. It also raises the schools respect level a ton in the national media. WSU hit a home run that might have changed more about the university than I can even see today.
                    I agree; I also think it takes him out of next year's (hopefully more?) discussions when jobs open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      "Maggie really didn't want to go and because of that, my wife put her heels down...Lynn put her heels down."
                      I liked Greeny's response: "If their is one thing I can relate to is that when the heels go down the conversation is over."

Comment

Did anyone pick up on Gregg's comment, it might have been on Bruce Heartl's intervie with Gregg, about "possibly" adding executive boxes to CKA and "possibly" doing some other things? It really stuck out to me since I thought these were "done deals." Do you suppose the new offer took any of this off the table?
                        Having a great coach is more important then those luxuries

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          How do you know he was bluffing?
                          All I know is I wouldnt play poker with 3G or 3M now a days

Comment

Did anyone pick up on Gregg's comment, it might have been on Bruce Heartl's intervie with Gregg, about "possibly" adding executive boxes to CKA and "possibly" doing some other things? It really stuck out to me since I thought these were "done deals." Do you suppose the new offer took any of this off the table?
                            I think they were talking about for possibly for next season.

I believe they still plan on doing them. Just not sure when.
                            The Assman

Comment

• I saw where there was damage at Jabara; WOW! I knew the community would come together to keep Marshall here, but to organize a wind tunnel to keep him from flying to Alabama today...pretty impressive! (Seriously, I hope no one was hurt)

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                I think they were talking about for possibly for next season.

I believe they still plan on doing them. Just not sure when.
                                Not sure the Sky Boxes are a "done deal" quite yet. The new Student Center just SE of Koch Arena is a done deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X