No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that Alabama will end up paying Gregg Marshall but it will be a consulting visit today at noon...

Comment

• If Marshall leaves, I would rather him go to a school that somewhat cares about basketball or at least a top 40 job.

Comment

• As we speak, I bet they are all sitting in an leather/mahogany office with cigars and scotch and passing little slips of paper back and forth with numbers written on it. There is a guy from Alabama flanked by three big men in suits with their arms folded, occasionally popping their knuckles. Marshall says "what happened to Grant?"

Mr. Grant sleeps with the fishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuscaloosa View Post
          For those wondering, the plane that Alabama uses for official business like this has been blocked from public flight trackers, so that info would be unavailable. They pulled that stunt on us during the Saban hire :beaten:
          So the flight I linked just happens to be a different flight from Birmingham?
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by blitzkrieg View Post
            If Marshall leaves, I would rather him go to a school that somewhat cares about basketball or at least a top 40 job.
            I know there's a stigma out there about Bama football and how it overshadows everything - because it does. But we do care about basketball, and we've experienced success before. We've never made it to the Final Four, but we have made numerous Sweet 16, and more than 20 NCAA Tournament appearances. Forbes ranked it the 14th most valuable basketball program in the country, and our attendance averaged more than 10,000 per game - in a year in which the fans had grown tired of watching bad basketball.

We do not have an Elite basketball program, but I think we could with the right coach. There's no reason a "football school" can't expect tremendous basketball success. See Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc...

Comment

• Question: If Alabama is unable to land Marshall, will heads "roll" as they say in Tuscaloosa?

Comment

I know there's a stigma out there about Bama football and how it overshadows everything - because it does. But we do care about basketball, and we've experienced success before. We've never made it to the Final Four, but we have made numerous Sweet 16, and more than 20 NCAA Tournament appearances. Forbes ranked it the 14th most valuable basketball program in the country, and our attendance averaged more than 10,000 per game - in a year in which the fans had grown tired of watching bad basketball.

We do not have an Elite basketball program, but I think we could with the right coach. There's no reason a "football school" can't expect tremendous basketball success. See Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc...
                I actually agree with you. You have TONS of fans. If you put a top notch basketball program in front of all those fans, they will support it. Fans want stuff to root for, and you have fans all over the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  So the flight I linked just happens to be a different flight from Birmingham?
                  It would appear that way, unless there's some reason they chose to fly out of Birmingham on a plane not owned by the University of Alabama. The plane owned by the University is N1UA, and typically departs and arrives from the Tuscaloosa Regional Airport.

Comment

I think your need to recheck your definition of success. Based on your standard, Wichita State is much more successful than your school. Especially and specifically during the months of November and December, when your teams games on TV look more like small school high school games and less like a P5 powerhouse.

Comment

No offense to you all, but that attendance number is complete BS. Alabama was an NIT team this year, and I watched many of its games because I wanted you guys to do well for our RPI... There was barely anyone there. We have nearly 10,000 every game in a CBI year. The fan support isn't even close basketball-wise. Now how much that matters to 3G, I have no idea. But I think it does ultimately matter quite a bit in how much success a school has in that sport.

OU is close to the same. I think the Sooners can be very good in certain years, but the fan support is not even close to being there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        I think your need to recheck your definition of success. Based on your standard, Wichita State is much more successful than your school. Especially and specifically during the months of November and December, when your teams games on TV look more like small school high school games and less like a P5 powerhouse.
                        \

Agreeeeed. It was dismal looking. CKA has never looked like that. We have had some lean years.

Comment

If Bama averaged over 10000 per game, my name is Art Garfunkel and I just returned from my home planet in a far away galaxy where everyone thinks I'm the talented one.

Comment

It would appear that way, unless there's some reason they chose to fly out of Birmingham on a plane not owned by the University of Alabama. The plane owned by the University is N1UA, and typically departs and arrives from the Tuscaloosa Regional Airport.
                            Good info, just seems really crazy the morning that they're supposedly to meet in Wichita, a flight lands from there this morning.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              If Bama averaged over 10000 per game, my name is Art Garfunkel and I just returned from my home planet in a far away galaxy where everyone thinks I'm the talented one.
                              You're Art Garfunkel...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Your program only made it past the sweet 16 once. Your average of 10k per game is tickets sold, actual attendance would be more like 5,000. Why would he go to Alabama when the basketball program would be overshadowed until February?

Comment

Working...
                                X