What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    We tend to side with fans that have been around for awhile when new folks like you come on and in your first month criticize our team.

Maybe you have been a fan since you were a kid. Saying a team we just demolished is better than we are is a pretty odd way to celebrate a sweet 16.
    Pshhh, this tool joined this morning. Don't give him credit for being here a month. As soon as his Jayhawks were aligned to play us, he joined.

He's not even good at hiding what he's doing. That's the worst part of it all. GTFO with your weak sh*t.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      We tend to side with fans that have been around for awhile when new folks like you come on and in your first month criticize our team.

Maybe you have been a fan since you were a kid. Saying a team we just demolished is better than we are is a pretty odd way to celebrate a sweet 16.
      Before this game started, I was telling friends that we need Kansas to be off their game. They were. We were on ours. One of our best defensive performances of the year. Huge performance from Wessel. I really don't know why everyone here takes such offense to this idea.

Objectivity is okay. I'm as happy as the next fan. I just don't let that stop me from having a level head.

Comment

I bet the tool doesn't even know Wessel's first name.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          The part you are missing is that NO TEAMS are on the top of their game when they play WSU. There is a reason for that. WSU does not allow their opponent to play at the top of their game. WSU's game plan is to prevent the opponent from playing the way they want to play.

You're ignoring the Shox success at preventing KU from playing the game they wanted to play. Instead, you're saying that KU had an off game, which shows some failure to understand how WSU plays and diminishes their success at executing a good game plan.

KU's dribblers got cut off from going where they wanted. They picked up the ball and found the guy they expected to pass to was covered, and there was someone sitting in the passing lane for their second option.

It was a little like a quarterback dropping back to pass and finding all the receivers covered. That quarterback isn't going to have his A game.
          Well said! KU fans know a little about their team and nothing about the opponent. I'm doubtful that our friend from Lawrence was aware that Zach Brown was a top 100 player per 1 recruiting service, or that Rashard Kelly was the best player on the #1 high school team in the nation. Yes, WSU is more than the kid from Scott City that wanted to be a Jayhawk, and more than the PG from Illinois that turned down a KU scholarship. We are a team of men, and a team of winners! Beat WSU and hate off to you! This team bows down to no one.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The part you are missing is that NO TEAMS are on the top of their game when they play WSU. There is a reason for that. WSU does not allow their opponent to play at the top of their game. WSU's game plan is to prevent the opponent from playing the way they want to play.

You're ignoring the Shox success at preventing KU from playing the game they wanted to play. Instead, you're saying that KU had an off game, which shows some failure to understand how WSU plays and diminishes their success at executing a good game plan.

KU's dribblers got cut off from going where they wanted. They picked up the ball and found the guy they expected to pass to was covered, and there was someone sitting in the passing lane for their second option.

It was a little like a quarterback dropping back to pass and finding all the receivers covered. That quarterback isn't going to have his A game.
            With all due respect, I don't need this explained to me. I understand how we play, our strengths and our limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I bet the tool doesn't even know Wessel's first name.
              That's a pretty big clue. let's see if he gets it now

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
                Before this game started, I was telling friends that we need Kansas to be off their game. They were. We were on ours. One of our best defensive performances of the year. Huge performance from Wessel. I really don't know why everyone here takes such offense to this idea.

Objectivity is okay. I'm as happy as the next fan. I just don't let that stop me from having a level head.
                You obviously don't follow the Shockers if you think KU had to have an off game for the Shockers to win.
                Livin the dream

Comment

It's ok. KU and Bill Self played hard. They did the best they could. The past three years, the Shockers have been King of Kansas and will again finish higher in the National Polls.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    You obviously don't follow the Shockers if you think KU had to have an off game for the Shockers to win.
                    You obviously aren't a fan, if you don't realized the Shockers FORCED the Jayhawks off their game
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      It's ok. KU and Bill Self played hard. They did the best they could. The past three years, the Shockers have been King of Kansas and will again finish higher in the National Polls.
                      They played hard? I thought they quit.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        In my opinion, Kansas is a better team than we are this year. Almost by definition, then, they have to have an off game. I'm not arguing that they played abysmally and we limped to victory. I'm arguing that they played poorly, due in part to our play and in part to their own failings.

The NCAA tournament is terrible at determining who the best teams in the country are, but it's incredibly good at determining who can seize the moment and play better once. We did that. We're going to do it again next weekend. And then, in all likelihood, we're going to get beaten by UK. They're better than us too. Problem is, they're consistently excellent.

Comment

WSU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KU

GFY POSER
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Remember that time when a bunch of Creighton fans got to watch WSU advance to a Sweet 16 on their home court?

Good times. I'm seriously not sure if there could be anything better about this day.

Comment

"Kings of Kansas" has a nice ring to it.

@ SNL : enjoy www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCjipwoXC1c
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
                                In my opinion, Kansas is a better team than we are this year. Almost by definition, then, they have to have an off game. I'm not arguing that they played abysmally and we limped to victory. I'm arguing that they played poorly, due in part to our play and in part to their own failings.

The NCAA tournament is terrible at determining who the best teams in the country are, but it's incredibly good at determining who can seize the moment and play better once. We did that. We're going to do it again next weekend. And then, in all likelihood, we're going to get beaten by UK. They're better than us too. Problem is, they're consistently excellent.
                                If a win when it counts in a head to head post season matchup on a neutral floor doesn't mean one team is the better team, I don't know what else does unless we are just dealing with "name on the jersey" bias. Part of what defines a better team is showing up when it counts at the end of a season. That's why you play the game. It just is what it is.

Sorry your team didn't seize the moment and ours did. That's called being better. The teams that win the games get the titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X