What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Win and it's one more team out of the way of the Shox progressing. The likely next 2 teams the Shox face would be Notre Dame and Kentucky. I think KU is a tougher game than Notre Dame would be.

WSU's last 2 losses in the NCAA's were Louisville in 2013 and Kentucky in 2014. Those were very close games that could have gone either way. Kansas does not look to be at the level of those teams right now. A loss to Kansas at this point would mean that this year's WSU team didn't perform at quite the level of the last 2 teams. That's not a shock, a surprise, or a disappointment. Most Shocker fans respect and understand the unusual talent and performance levels of those 2 teams and the fact this this team might not be at the level of the previous 2 teams.
    Those last two tournament losses tell us what we need to do. We had nice leads in both of them, but were unable to hold the lead in either.

Comment

sweet 16. nothing else matters (unless you're young enough to remember the shockers only from the 90's).

Comment

A WSU win hopefully means less people who graduate from WSU will need to ask a question like the OP.

Comment

Just another win.
          On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

LOL, you guys are so full of sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
              Just like Creighton's basketball program.

I had to spell out Creighton. The KU fans coming over here to read our board would immediately think I was talking about Colorado if I use used "CU". Very few outside the MVC recognize "CU" as standing for Creighton.

Creighton had a chance to fix that with a NPoY and a Sr.-loaded team, but couldn't get to the S16 with that.

We'll probably never know what it would mean to Creighton to win a game against Kansas. Or Kansas State. Or Wichita State. Gotta make a post-season tournament to play anybody from Kansas, and that's not looking likely in Creighton's future.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Ill admit it. This game is 2nd only to the Looville game 2 years ago as far as importance.

Game is huge. We gotta win.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

It means another Sweet 16.
                  It means another game for Tekele Cotton.
                  It means another game for Darius Carter.

Just win.

Comment

Sweet 16 and some lovely bragging rights to go along with it. The bragging rights are just a fan thing... for the team's sake, I want them to just keep winning. A rematch with Kentucky would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by all valley View Post
                      It has been fantastic 4 years ... to add a Sweet 16 appearance to it would be amazing.
                      This. It is another opportunity for a sweet sixteen and allows us to continue building a post MVC Resume. The in state aspect is fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        A WSU win hopefully means less people who graduate from WSU will need to ask a question like the OP.
                        Agreed. Very suspicious.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          @kai: @RoyalShock: , can we ban this POS troll already? It's becoming rather pathetic that we continually have to put up with his Blowjay jabs EVERY EFFING DAY, while they watch from their couches in March. Why does this POS douchedrinker get an extended warning?

Please do what you do with trolls who have had FAR MORE than multiple warnings during their presence here and get rid of the non-contributing, 3-word posting POS dillywhacker.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            @kai: @RoyalShock: , can we ban this POS troll already? It's becoming rather pathetic that we continually have to put up with his Blowjay jabs EVERY EFFING DAY, while they watch from their couches in March. Why does this POS douchedrinker get an extended warning?

Please do what you do with trolls who have had FAR MORE than multiple warnings during their presence here and get rid of the non-contributing, 3-word posting POS dillywhacker.
                            He is annoying, but A. Not a great thread. B. His comment is accurate (this time).

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              He is annoying, but A. Not a great thread. B. His comment is accurate (this time).
                              a.) the thread was obviously started by a KU fan
                              b.) his opinion is irrelevant because he's a fan of a team who's been picking out couch cushions at Nebraska Furniture Mart for a week. The only thing he should be laughing at is the only meaningful NCAA basketball that has been played in the city of Omaha in the last year is happening today. And after today, it's gonna be cold and black for a while again.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
                                Hey guys. I'm a Shocker, graduated with the class of 2006, and decided I'd seek out a Shocker forum with all the buzz around the game today.

I'm just curious what you guys think a win today would mean. Around here, everyone seems to think this game is more or less meaningless beyond tourney implications, and it seems like it probably is for KU; they'll continue to be one of the nation's top programs, win or lose. Is this game mostly one for validation in your minds? Obviously the sentiment attached to this game is that it's for much more than a S16 appearance.

What are your opinions on the stakes?
                                Can't speak for everybody else but for me its just another game. Whoever wins I'll be happy because my home state will have a team in the S16. Other than that, I'll still wake up in the morning, go to work, and proceed with every day life activities.

Comment

Working...
                                X