What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
    Hey guys. I'm a Shocker, graduated with the class of 2006, and decided I'd seek out a Shocker forum with all the buzz around the game today.

I'm just curious what you guys think a win today would mean. Around here, everyone seems to think this game is more or less meaningless beyond tourney implications, and it seems like it probably is for KU; they'll continue to be one of the nation's top programs, win or lose. Is this game mostly one for validation in your minds? Obviously the sentiment attached to this game is that it's for much more than a S16 appearance.

What are your opinions on the stakes?
    It means so little to me that I think I will go troll KU's board by pretending to be an alum.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

It would mean a meltdown on phog.net far surpassing Chernobyl proportions.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I did t want to say this before the game, but I think WSU had more to gain by winning this. I think this gives them a boost locally and perhaps nationally; the new sexy school to root for!

Even if I'm wrong, who cares! The win is amazing enough!
        The Assman

Comment

Hey guys. I'm a Shocker, graduated with the class of 2006, and decided I'd seek out a Shocker forum with all the buzz around the game today.

I'm just curious what you guys think a win today would mean. Around here, everyone seems to think this game is more or less meaningless beyond tourney implications, and it seems like it probably is for KU; they'll continue to be one of the nation's top programs, win or lose. Is this game mostly one for validation in your minds? Obviously the sentiment attached to this game is that it's for much more than a S16 appearance.

What are your opinions on the stakes?
          It means a lot:

1. Sweet 16.
          2. Being the biggest college basketball story in the country until the next round.
          3. Beating a team who has been ducking us.
          4. A lot fewer trolls are going to be coming round.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            It would mean a meltdown on phog.net far surpassing Chernobyl proportions.
            They have 881 threads going on about it currently. It's a thing of beauty.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ShockerInLawrence,

So how does it feel?

Where did you go?...

LOL.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                ShockerInLawrence,

So how does it feel?

Where did you go?...

LOL.
                Feels great! Hell of a win. Glad we clamped down defensively and didn't get Kansas' A game. Survive and advance.

Comment

Feels great! Hell of a win. Glad we clamped down defensively and didn't get Kansas' A game. Survive and advance.
                  LMAO.

Hanging with it til the very end. I hope the loss hurt very BADLY.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That's funny a lot of arrogant, entitled fans think their team didn't give us their A game after we blow them out.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

A win today meant we don't even need to rush the court. On our Final 4 Season, we beat the Zags as a number 1 seed. Speaking of seeds, WSU and Michigan State were under-seeded. That's okay. We move on to Cleveland. How Su-weet the 16 will be. Our experienced squad prevailed.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Add KU to the list (Ohio State, Pitt, Gonzaga, etc.) who for some mysterious reason didn't give WSU their A game. Self said in the post-game interview that the Shox were defending one pass AHEAD of where KU had their offense and it totally disrupted their ability to run their offense.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Add KU to the list (Ohio State, Pitt, Gonzaga, etc.) who for some mysterious reason didn't give WSU their A game. Self said in the post-game interview that the Shox were defending one pass AHEAD of where KU had their offense and it totally disrupted their ability to run their offense.
                          Thank you Conner!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

It erases some bad memories from the nineties, especially when that POS Roy Williams ran up the score. I hope we get a chance to do the same thing to North Carolina sometime

Comment

Paging ShockerInLawrence...

Man, he disappeared faster than a rockchalksteve on a Shocker message board.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Glad we clamped down defensively and didn't get Kansas' A game.
                                Fail. This sorta smells like .... @Nightwatchman:. Exhibit A.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X