What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I think it means we pick up one more undecided stud.
    Someone always leaves? :)

Comment

• Where is ShockerInLawrence?

Does he not like posting after victories? I wonder how active he'll be on this board going forward.

Surely a few posts during a KU game isn't all he's got?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• via Imgflip Meme Maker

This, also, can be quite painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          BPI is a poor metric and always has been. KenPom and Sagarin are both far superior.

Sagarin hasn't been updated to account for this game yet. KenPom has.

The statistics are close enough that you can have a "too close to call" mindset. But not when a neutral court matchup is won decisively. That settles any ambiguity.

If a team loses to a team they were clearly better than statistically, sure, you can argue that. But every team WSU has beat in the NCAA tournament has magically "not played their best." Damn we're lucky. Or, you know, one of the best statistical defenses in the country continuously makes teams not play their best. That would be a more rational argument.
          Sargarin rankings now updated:

12 Kansas = 88.95
          13 Wichita State = 88.86

That's about as close as two teams could possibly be. Good thing we have a neutral court blowout to answer any lingering doubt >=)
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
            I like KenPom, but his rankings aren't gospel. BPI, Sagarin, a couple other bi-polar metrics say otherwise. If it's too close to call definitively, any normal thinking person has to defer to head to head to decide.
            Fixed, jagoff.

Comment

Working...
            X