OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I can't believe how big of a help Bush was. He just rose up and answered the call in a HUGE game against the best center he has played. He didn't just "show signs" today, he is a huge reason we won in a game that was in doubt after the refs removed Darius and Shaq.

Make no mistake. That is a big development that could pay off in the dance.
    I think everybody noticed Bush's play except Coach Marshall.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      Not sure if it's been said but it was really classy of the UNI fans to stay and applaud our seniors. I absolutely hate their team during the game like I do any other team, but I'm gonna love rooting for them in the NCAA Tournament. It's gonna be nice to be able to root for another MVC team in the Big Dance again, as it was always extremely hard to want to root for Creighton. I like their coach, I like their players, and their fans have always been nice. Hopefully, we meet one more time at Arch Madness.
      Ditto.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        I think everybody noticed Bush's play except Coach Marshall.
        Why post such a silly comment on a great Shocker Day?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          Per Shane Dennis just a random girl in the crowd wearing his jersey that he picked to help him cut down the nets.
          I love this story. God, we have a team full of great and unselfish guys.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
            If that happens next year will be extremely entertaining.
            @bob:lutz: Bob Lutz: First-year players contribute on Shockers’ big day. http://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-col...e11647661.html
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Here's a thought: Maybe Marshall knows what motivates Tom Bush, and that's why he was a bit reticent about his play. Just a thought.

That being said, he came through huge defensively. He has obviously made huge strides in his defense since the first UNI game, and he's nowhere near his ceiling. He deserves as much credit as anybody out there today. He was on Tuttle like a blanket.

Comment

• Bush's defense was great. He needs to see more floor against big centers.

Great game from the Shox today. Wow. So many amazing plays.... now, go win st Louis AGAIN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                  Bush's defense was great. He needs to see more floor against big centers.

Great game from the Shox today. Wow. So many amazing plays.... now, go win st Louis AGAIN!!!!
                  Congrats to the Shox! I didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half as my wife gave birth to my son but I got to see the 1st half. So that is my opinion so far without watching The 2nd half. I only assume it was just as bad for UNI. WSU played stellar defense and made the shots when they were open. Kudos to that. Really got the Panthers put of sync offensively and I could only shake my head. Well deserved win for the Shox! I hope everyone had a blast and hope these two can meet up again in the Lou. Let me watch the entire game so I can give a better formed opinion as well. A win is a win tho and WSU is champs. Congrats!!

Comment

• The crowd may have had an effect on those little things. Scratch that -- the crowd definitely had an effect on those little things.

"It comes to a point that it's so loud that you don't think it can be any louder. Kind of a screeching noise," said Wichita State's Ron Baker. "It's pretty uncomfortable, but actually enjoyable when you're in the moment."

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                      Here's a thought: Maybe Marshall knows what motivates Tom Bush, and that's why he was a bit reticent about his play. Just a thought.

That being said, he came through huge defensively. He has obviously made huge strides in his defense since the first UNI game, and he's nowhere near his ceiling. He deserves as much credit as anybody out there today. He was on Tuttle like a blanket.
                      HC3G was not too reticent according to Bob Lutz's article

Wamukota was one of the Shockers who failed to slow Tuttle down in the earlier meeting with Northern Iowa. He said he’s been thinking about getting another chance since.
                      “The defense is the thing I’m most proud of,” Wamukota said. “We had to find a way to stop (Tuttle) in the post. I was ready today. I look at this year as a year of development but I’m getting better every day, working my … off. Now I’m going to get ready to contribute again.”
                      Marshall, who has been trying to build a dependable bench all season, loved what he saw from Brown and Wamukota.
                      “Bush, he was something, wasn’t he?” Marshall said. “And Zach Brown, too. Both of those guys played quality minutes.”

Comment

• Originally posted by purrrrrfect View Post
                        Congrats to the Shox! I didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half as my wife gave birth to my son but I got to see the 1st half. So that is my opinion so far without watching The 2nd half. I only assume it was just as bad for UNI. WSU played stellar defense and made the shots when they were open. Kudos to that. Really got the Panthers put of sync offensively and I could only shake my head. Well deserved win for the Shox! I hope everyone had a blast and hope these two can meet up again in the Lou. Let me watch the entire game so I can give a better formed opinion as well. A win is a win tho and WSU is champs. Congrats!!

Congraulations!!!

Are you naming him Gregg, Ron, Fred, Tekele, Darius, or Evan?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Congraulations!!!

Are you naming him Gregg, Ron, Fred, Tekele, Darius, or Evan?
                          Bush?
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by purrrrrfect View Post
                            UNI made a come back in the second half, so it definitely wasn't just as bad.

Congrats on the son!

Comment

• I thought Coach was very lavish in his praise for Big Bush.

Comment

• Bush and Wessel were the difference in this game. Bush in the first half and Wessel in the second. Bush stopped Tuttle when I was worried we were toast because we had our best big men sitting with 2 fouls and Rashard had just completed two straight layup assists fumbled out of bounds. Evan had the big threes but he also had some huge offensive rebounds that gained us possessions and kept UNI from being able to have opportunities they normally would have had.

Obviously, Fred, Ron, Tekele and Darius were good but that is to be expected and the difference between winning losing probably actually came from Bush and Evan.

Comment

Working...
                                X