OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheYeti
    Only way the weekend could be better is if Kansas would **** the bed at home for their half of Gameday.
    I could go for that. But what would be even better would be if 5,000 Shocker fanatics showed up for Senior Day tomorrow at Koch Arena as the Shocker ladies take on UNI in what could be a tough game. Shocker fans will have the HONOR of recognizing the two winningest women basketball players in Shocker history in Alex Harden and Kelsey Jacobs along with Jamillah Bonner who is probably the 2nd best Juco transfer to play at WSU behind Hall of Famer Marguerite Keeley. Alex Harden may very well be the finest woman player to ever wear the Black and Yellow.

It would also be great if the Shocker Track & Fied teams could bring home a pair of Indoor Championship's tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      "Fred Van Vleet and Ron Baker led the way for Wichita State with a combined 30 points and 14 assists, and perhaps more impressively, they did that without committing a turnover against the team ranked No. 12 in the country defensive efficiency."

"To be frank, UNI walked into a buzzsaw'

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...northern-iowa/
      Best 1-2 punch in the Country!!!!!!! We only had 3 total turnovers today. That is how you win Ships!!!!!!! Would it be greedy of me to want them both to return as Seniors? Cotton completed the 3-headed monsta treatment today to stop UNI at 16 wins in a row while adding to our Valley Ships, our home wins, etc.etc. etc.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• @SportsCenter: Dunk of the year? Wichita State's Tekele Cotton throws down UNREAL #SCtop10 windmill to clinch victory over N. Iowa. http://es.pn/1G4qjeW
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Remember Wichita State? You should

The Wichita State Shockers have played without much fanfare this season, but they wrapped up their third MVC title in four years on Saturday.

"But since this is the time that we start checking shoe sizes for Cinderella’s slippers, or at the least look for a dark horse to back, it would seem a good time to remind folks that the best dark horse is the one that really shouldn’t be a dark horse at all.

That would be Wichita State, last year’s darling, and still a danger this year."
          Last edited by jocoshock; February 28, 2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Not sure if it's been said but it was really classy of the UNI fans to stay and applaud our seniors. I absolutely hate their team during the game like I do any other team, but I'm gonna love rooting for them in the NCAA Tournament. It's gonna be nice to be able to root for another MVC team in the Big Dance again, as it was always extremely hard to want to root for Creighton. I like their coach, I like their players, and their fans have always been nice. Hopefully, we meet one more time at Arch Madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
              To anyone who left early under their own power (not on a stretcher), you just suck.
              I was battling a variety of ailments when returning from the facilities with about 5 minutes to go and ran into EMAW idiot leaving with his son (shocker fan). I told him he could leave but the son had to stay.

How ANYONE left that game early defies logic.

Hands down, the best Shocker home game I've ever attended.

Incredibly special day,

Anyone know who the little girl was that Baker let cut down the net? Any story there?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I was battling a variety of ailments when returning from the facilities with about 5 minutes to go and ran into EMAW idiot leaving with his son (shocker fan). I told him he could leave but the son had to stay.

How ANYONE left that game early defies logic.

Hands down, the best Shocker home game I've ever attended.

Incredibly special day,

Anyone know who the little girl was that Baker let cut down the net? Any story there?
                Per Shane Dennis just a random girl in the crowd wearing his jersey that he picked to help him cut down the nets.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• We'll discuss this for awhile but these kids were absolutely fantastic today.

And UNI is great. Not good, great.

Comment

• Shockers still trending on twitter 1.5 hours after gametime.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                      Shockers still trending on twitter 1.5 hours after gametime.

@SethDavisHoops: Wichita Statement.

Comment

• dunk of the year for sure!

Comment

• Wow, I thought the callers on the coaches radio show were bad, the callers on the locker room take it to a whole...nother...level
                          http://youtu.be/ih4AVOnO840

Comment

• PROUD...PROUD...PROUD

and maybe a little bit tired
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              Wow, I thought the callers on the coaches radio show were bad, the callers on the locker room take it to a whole...nother...level
                              http://youtu.be/ih4AVOnO840
                              Brutal!
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Nice to see Bush Wamukota come up big in this game. And I STILL think he's better than HUrt. But I bet that a lot more people agree with me today.

Comment

Working...
                                X