X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations @purrrrrfect: !!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Anyone else notice the UNI fans who spent the whole game and post game with their hands clamped over their ears? Turns out an interlude dance doesn't prepare you for a wall of sound.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• For people who were at the game, how did the loudness compare to historically loud games? It was the loudest I'd ever heard it on TV.

The last Creighton home game, the Iowa game, and the FSU NIT game all get brought up around here regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
          No. Please tell me you have a screen shot of that
          Sadly, no, but I bet it was on camera since they were right behind the UNI bench.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            For people who were at the game, how did the loudness compare to historically loud games? It was the loudest I'd ever heard it on TV.

The last Creighton home game, the Iowa game, and the FSU NIT game all get brought up around here regularly.
            Loudest I was ever at.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Loudest I was ever at.
              Same for me.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• We moved from #13 to #9 after the win today on KenPom.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Loudest I was ever at.
                  Memory tends to exaggerate, so it is hard to feel very confident in these comparisons, but whether or not this games was as loud as FSU, it was definitely in the ballpark.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                    We moved from #13 to #9 after the win today on KenPom.
                    Yet we're a boarder line 4-5 seed. I think some of these prognosticators will be in for a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Yet we're a boarder line 4-5 seed. I think some of these prognosticators will be in for a surprise.
                      Doesn't matter. I expect us to play like a #1.

Ohhh... the humanity,..
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        I have absolutely no problem if Tuttle wins MVC player of the year. He deserves it. Ron and Fred both are in the conversation, but Tuttle deserves it. The guy is amazing and was the best player in the conference this year. Great game between two great teams.
                        Agree. He's why they even contended for the title. Everything runs through him. UNI has had a great year with a great team.

Comment

• Great game for the Shox - I think playing high level teams brings out the best in them and looking forward to March Madness. I think Evan's defense on Tuttle set the tone early and then Bush W came up big with his defense on Tuttle. I hope he and Zach Brown get a lot of playing time in the early rounds of Arch Madness to give them more time on the court. Got kind of nervous when UNI went on that 12-0 run and the lead dropped down to 4, but figured they eventually had to cool off from 3 and didn't seem like they were getting any rebounds from missed 3's. Glad we had a big enough lead to take out Darius and Tekele one at a time so they could get recognized. I had to chuckle when Tekele came out because I think Ron was ready to call a timeout there if the coach didn't in order to make sure he came out :)

I hope Fred is doing okay. I missed the push in the back by the UNI player on the initial play but you could clearly see it on the replay and was surprised the announcers didn't say anything. I think we're lucky we didn't get a T when Zach Bush went over to check on Evan when he got knocked out of bounds under the basket that one time and almost helped him up, but I guess that's maybe not a T or the refs decided you don't call one in a championship game.

Posted this on the Tekele Cotton thread, but thought I'd post it here as well. Was looking around the local news sites for video of the net cutting and came across this video of the dunk (no net cutting videos that I could find) - http://www.kwch.com/sports/watch-tek...l-jam/31546796 - a different angle and it seems like Tekele was going up the whole time through the dunk. The guy has some serious hops :)
                          Last edited by Fozzy; February 28, 2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                            Great game for the Shox - I think playing high level teams brings out the best in them and looking forward to March Madness. I think Evan's defense on Tuttle set the tone early and then Bush W came up big with his defense on Tuttle. I hope he and Zach Bush get a lot of playing time in the early rounds of Arch Madness to give them more time on the court. Got kind of nervous when UNI went on that 12-0 run and the lead dropped down to 4, but figured they eventually had to cool off from 3 and didn't seem like they were getting any rebounds from missed 3's. Glad we had a big enough lead to take out Darius and Tekele one at a time so they could get recognized. I had to chuckle when Tekele came out because I think Ron was ready to call a timeout there if the coach didn't in order to make sure he came out :)

I hope Fred is doing okay. I missed the push in the back by the UNI player on the initial play but you could clearly see it on the replay and was surprised the announcers didn't say anything. I think we're lucky we didn't get a T when Zach Brown went over to check on Evan when he got knocked out of bounds under the basket that one time and almost helped him up, but I guess that's maybe not a T or the refs decided you don't call one in a championship game.

Posted this on the Tekele Cotton thread, but thought I'd post it here as well. Was looking around the local news sites for video of the net cutting and came across this video of the dunk (no net cutting videos that I could find) - http://www.kwch.com/sports/watch-tek...l-jam/31546796 - a different angle and it seems like Tekele was going up the whole time through the dunk. The guy has some serious hops :)
                            Why would that be a T? I either don't understand what you are saying or don't know what rule you are speaking of? I am in need of an education.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Seemed as loud as the FSU game to me today, but what I remember about the FSU game was that it was as loud as today, just constantly. Today was AWESOME, and FSU was AWESOME. They will both go down as memories of "LOUD - REALLY LOUD". If you remember Brauer's shot to beat Creighton, it was really loud at that moment, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                                Seemed as loud as the FSU game to me today, but what I remember about the FSU game was that it was as loud as today, just constantly. Today was AWESOME, and FSU was AWESOME. They will both go down as memories of "LOUD - REALLY LOUD". If you remember Brauer's shot to beat Creighton, it was really loud at that moment, as well.
                                It got pretty loud at our house too. Twice my wife and I woke up our sleeping toddler while cheering. ;)
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X