OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Why would that be a T? I either don't understand what you are saying or don't know what rule you are speaking of? I am in need of an education.
    To be honest I don't know if that's a T or not which is why I said maybe it's not a T. I guess I was thinking back to when the trainer went out and checked on Fred a few games back, but now that I think about it we were charged with a timeout there and not a T. Seems like it would follow in the same area of someone coming off the bench to check on a player - looked like HCGM had to tell Zach to get back although I don't think he cursed this time :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
      To be honest I don't know if that's a T or not which is why I said maybe it's not a T. I guess I was thinking back to when the trainer went out and checked on Fred a few games back, but now that I think about it we were charged with a timeout there and not a T. Seems like it would follow in the same area of someone coming off the bench to check on a player - looked like HCGM had to tell Zach to get back although I don't think he cursed this time :)
      Gotcha! I didn't realize that Brown was on the bench during that play. A player can certainly be charged for a T if he wanders too far off the bench.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Gotcha! I didn't realize that Brown was on the bench during that play. A player can certainly be charged for a T if he wanders too far off the bench.
        I actually made a mistake on my original post and went back and edited it. It was actually Zach Bush who went over to check on him and not Zach Brown like I initially typed. Had my Zach's switched around in the whole post actually :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          The crowd may have had an effect on those little things. Scratch that -- the crowd definitely had an effect on those little things.

"It comes to a point that it's so loud that you don't think it can be any louder. Kind of a screeching noise," said Wichita State's Ron Baker. "It's pretty uncomfortable, but actually enjoyable when you're in the moment."

http://m.wcfcourier.com/sports/colle...ile_touch=true
          Hmm, if Baker is referring to the noise as "screeching", I can only imagine what the UNI boys thought of it.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It got pretty loud at our house too. Twice my wife and I woke up our sleeping toddler while cheering. ;)
            I know how you feel. My 6 month old son was asleep in my wife's arms when we knocked off Gonzaga.

I was biting my tongue through the whole end of the game and had to go outside to scream at the end.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Anyone else notice the UNI fans who spent the whole game and post game with their hands clamped over their ears? Turns out an interlude dance doesn't prepare you for a wall of sound.
              That is... classic.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It got pretty loud at our house too. Twice my wife and I woke up our sleeping toddler while cheering. ;)
                Payback for sleepless nights. ;)
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  For people who were at the game, how did the loudness compare to historically loud games? It was the loudest I'd ever heard it on TV.

The last Creighton home game, the Iowa game, and the FSU NIT game all get brought up around here regularly.
                  Iowa was louder at its peak in the second half but for sustained loudness today was tough to beat

Comment

• A team that has a big guy that can stop Tuttle straight up is going to give UNI fits. Why teams continue to double him is baffling given their arsenal of snipers.

Almost every play is run through him.

Comment

• Good article about the game - http://www.midmajormadness.com/misso...le-final-score - starts out:

"What if I told you that the best basketball in the Midwest wasn't played in the Big 12 or the Big Ten? What if I told you that March had an extra day this year, February 28?

What if I told you that the only thing better than a second Northern Iowa vs. Wichita State matchup would be a third one, on a neutral court, in Saint Louis?

This is a story ready-made for a 30 for 30 documentary, a story filled with strong protagonists. They will grab you, hold on and won't let go for the length of a two-hour feature film."

and ends with:

"Everyone is hoping that there will be a final chapter in this unfinished trilogy, one that will take place in Saint Louis, and will crown the tournament champion. The season would feel incomplete without it.

Technically, there would be another shot of it happening in Indianapolis if some Valley team is so daring to deny basketball fans what they want, nay deserve. But no one wants to risk it that long, although everyone would like that to be the unexpected fourth round in this battle, one that could send one of these teams to the National Championship game.

That would be a glorious finale for this series, one that would seem fitting given all that we have seen out of these two over the past two seasons.

Perhaps we shouldn't put the final edit on that 30 for 30 documentary for another few weeks. This story needs a fairy tale ending."

I'd rather see the fourth game though be for the National Championship :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                        Seemed as loud as the FSU game to me today, but what I remember about the FSU game was that it was as loud as today, just constantly. Today was AWESOME, and FSU was AWESOME. They will both go down as memories of "LOUD - REALLY LOUD". If you remember Brauer's shot to beat Creighton, it was really loud at that moment, as well.
                        Obviously I wasn't at the FSU game, but why was it so loud at that game compared to others?

Comment

• The game ended seven hours ago and my ears are still ringing and my voice is still horsed. Eleven year season ticket holder & that's the constantly loudest I can remember. Great game! Way to bring it Wichita on the national stage!
                          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            Obviously I wasn't at the FSU game, but why was it so loud at that game compared to others?
                            Two factors.

1. As an NIT game, there were no corporate tickets, so there was a higher percentage of rowdy fans.
                            2. It featured an insane double overtime with back and forth huge shots.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Been looking at the headlines about the game and interesting how last month when we lost by 16, WSU was "routed" and "pounded" by UNI. We beat them by 14 and we only "beat" and "knocked off" UNI :) Not complaining - I think it's actually a nod to the fact both teams are really good, but I just find it kind of funny. "WSU wins conference title" is in most of the headlines which is the best headline of all.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                                The FSU game was an NIT game, where all tickets in the place were up for sale. I think season ticket holders had a chance to buy advance, but most didn't. So what you had was a crowd FULL of diehards in the lower seats, instead of the more "corporate" crowd. Having more of the "hard hat and lunch pail" crowd in the lower seats (and entire arena to be honest) coupled with a whale of a game against a tough opponent made for great energy and noise.

Today was as good wire to wire as its been in a long time, right on par with the FSU game.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X