No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought when Zach made his trey and Bush stepped up was huge.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
      Somebody wanna guard that sonofabitch?
      The guard was sitting on the bench.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        We play better with Wamukota... why is he sitting????????
        Pretty damn good question.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Baker and VanVleet will split votes. Tuttle wil get it. I am okay with that... sort of...
          Tekele will repeat as Defensive POY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
            Kelly is playing like this game is too big for him. He's shrinking.
            You are right. A freshman in a big time, pressure game.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Congrats to Evan for a great game. With Cotton graduating he will play in a position more naturally suited to his height next year and will excel in the future. I'm looking forward to his senior year!
              He's looking to score and that takes pressure off the other four. They were daring him to shoot and he stuck it in their ear.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• The Shocks will leap-frog right past UNI who was 10th. However, UNI has an epic quality loss which should not hurt them much. We will prolly meet again at the Lew and this I do not mind because both teams need to continue to prepare and be primed and ready at the March Dance. UNI has a tough bunch with shooters similar to the San Diego State team that marched into Lawrence in times a few moons ago and beat KU.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Maybe. I vote for Fred, Ron, Tekele, Evan and B-Wam as co-players of the game. B-Wam's 1st half minutes were huge and helped us build the lead we needed to absorb UNI's big run.
                  My player of the game is Tom Bush. No ties. Without his 9 minutes of play in the first half, we probably would have lost. I am not positive, but I do not think #10 scored off him.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                    So next year co-players of the year? Ron and Fred?
                    BWam wins it.

Haha!
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                      That win was purrrrfect.
                      Perfect, Champ. Perfect.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Where to start. Well how about with the fans. You guys BROUGHT IT! Would have loved to have been there in person, but man, it was loud on TV. Great job.

BWam played great! He came into the game at a pivotal time and did more than I expected or hoped for. Hopefully he can continue to build on this and be a factor for us through the rest of the season.

Defense was INTENSE! That is the thing I love the most about this team, they get after people. Defense wins championships. It is the same in every sport. We have the D.

Fred and Ron are just silly good. That little crossover, anklebreaker, step-back that Fred hit was sick. It wasn't as flashy as "The Dunk", but in my mind, SC Top10 worthy. Both are also class acts as people as well. Gotta love that.

Evan making people pay for ignoring him on the offensive end of the floor. We have been waiting for him to become a factor again on offense. He is there. No one out hustles him, out dives him, out floor burns him. I love the way he plays the game.

Finally Tekele. I don't have the vocabulary to express all the superlatives about this young man. A quiet, humble, high-flying, posterizing assassin. Oh, and he plays a little D too. He may have the SC Dunk of the Year. He deserves it.

Wow, it is a great day to be a Shocker!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Ms. Rio and I were there most early and stayed late. We had an extra fun day.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Let's look at some contrasts between our last outing with UNI when we were routed. What happen inside? Carter and Shaq got 2 fouls in the 1st half and Tuttle had a career day. Today, it was scary when Cater and Shaq get 2 fouls again in the 1st half. Enter Bush!!! Not sure he allowed Tuttle 1 stinkin shot or even a solitary point. Now he scores 4 HUGE points which is and was icing on the 3G's birthday cake from yesterday? Much was said in the loss tho UNI about at their barn about their bench. Mr. Bush heard opportunity knocking, answered and crashed down the door on both sides of the court, and played angry, performed like a rock star, and gave us a needed boost when we really needed it. Add to that the dagga of Mr. Brown for 3-point land.
                            Thanks for this rave. It is resoundingly deserved for Tom Bush.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Just got done watching the game. AWESOME win! Crowd sounded great on the TVs.
                              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Tuttle probably does win POY, and I'm mildly ok with it.

We had 1 bad game.

Fred VanVleet is the MVP of this league, period.

There are some outstanding defenders in this league. Morgan @ UNI, Smith @ ISU, Cotton, Baker, Lynch, Washpun to name just a few. Cotton is the baddest of them all.

Tuttle has had a great season, and 16-2 is special. 17-1 is better, and so is Fred.

Comment

Working...
                                X