New KWCH anchor picking Twitter fight with WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Didn't even look for the posting time. My bad.

I will also mention that both Beaker and Mildkitty games were at home and, therefore, maybe more available for additional video/on-site talk.
    There wasn't video for any of the stories and the KSU story was just the AP wire copy. That was almost instantly available to them. So -- logical point -- but not applicable here.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      @KWCHJBarrett @KWCHDani @KWCHWill KWCH anti-WSU bias continues. No story on Shocker game v. Illinois St

#sad
      :-) You are a Maniac!!

#TWEETANGRY #GOSHOX
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        :-) You are a Maniac!!

#TWEETANGRY #GOSHOX
        I can tell you that my wife and children think I'm a maniac when it comes to the Shockers. ��
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Just saw him on KWCH. He looked like he just got done bawling his eyes out.
          That's his normal look after watching tape of his immediately preceding broadcast in which he cannot spit the words out of his mouth in any semblance of correct sequence.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
            There wasn't video for any of the stories and the KSU story was just the AP wire copy. That was almost instantly available to them. So -- logical point -- but not applicable here.
            Didn't know. DIDN'T WATCH IT!! ;)

Guess you were talking about the write-ups. I was still thinking of a previous post regarding time spent on the air during their sports.

Comment

I can tell you that my wife and children think I'm a maniac when it comes to the Shockers. ��
              Same here... :-)
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                If a guy takes a job in North Dakota and gets on Twitter to say they are irrelevant, that's not being a "rookie" that's being and "a-hole"

He knows he's in Wichita. His "rookie" mistake was having his facts completely wrong based on assumptions that came from his bias. That was the only part that wasn't done on purpose. The insulting of WSU was most definitely on purpose and that's not coming from being a "noob" it's coming from being an idiot. He probably also works with a bunch of KU and KSU fans who tell him WSU is a joke and the fans here are delusional. Why else would he say stuff like that? If you actually look anything up, you see the truth and you don't say something factually incorrect on Twitter. But if you just hear it from people and want to pile on, you do what he did.

If I took a job doing news in Tulsa, I wouldn't insult Tulsa because that's obvious, even though I'm a huge WSU fan. Or worse, even if I took a job in Omaha, I wouldn't dog Creighton. It's just common sense.
                I believed you until the "I wouldn't dog Creighton." That's just too much restraint for anybody.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The article says it was posted to their website at 10:18 AM today. Probably added shortly after my tweet.
                  This is definitely true. There was nothing on there last night after the sports segment when I checked. Just KU/KSU.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    I believed you until the "I wouldn't dog Creighton." That's just too much restraint for anybody.
                    I had the exact same thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      That's his normal look after watching tape of his immediately preceding broadcast in which he cannot spit the words out of his mouth in any semblance of correct sequence.
                      He definitely is not the most articulate person in the world. That's for sure. It just compounds the problem that is him and KWCH.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I wonder what the mood is like at KWCH today.. Wonder if there was a unscheduled staff meeting or two? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Just as the quote says in my signature, he was supposed to ban himself from Shockernet for a year after the Shox went undefeated in the regular season. By my count, March 1, 2015 would have been the first time we should have seen him post. Instead, he has quietly shown up as early as October. Typical. Aces1982ish.
                          thanks for the clarification but your signatures states "for up to 1 year", which means his self imposed ban could have lasted hours to 365 days. It was an ambiguous statement. Regardless, what's with KWCH anyway?
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            I wonder what the mood is like at KWCH today.. Wonder if there was a unscheduled staff meeting or two? Lol
                            You can't say that our "friend" Will, wasn't warned:

You don't want to go to warrrr with the Shockers,
                            Don't start no stuff, won't be no stuff

That's the Shocker version of "Don't Mess with Texas"
                            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; February 15, 2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

You can't say that our "friend" Will, wasn't warned:

You don't eat to go to warrrr with the Shockers,
                              Don't start no stuff, won't be no stuff

That's the Shocker version of "Don't Mess with Texas"

Don't eat? That made me laugh out loud
                              On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                                That makes sense. I checked the other local TV station websites.

The WSU-ILST story was posted on ksn.com at 11:02 PM on February,14. AP wire copy, no video.

kake.com Feb. 14 9:04 PM, AP wire, no video
                                Last edited by Shocker-maniac; February 15, 2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X