New KWCH anchor picking Twitter fight with WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Quit gettin' your panties in a twist folks. The guy is a noob so cut him some slack.
    If a guy takes a job in North Dakota and gets on Twitter to say they are irrelevant, that's not being a "rookie" that's being and "a-hole"

He knows he's in Wichita. His "rookie" mistake was having his facts completely wrong based on assumptions that came from his bias. That was the only part that wasn't done on purpose. The insulting of WSU was most definitely on purpose and that's not coming from being a "noob" it's coming from being an idiot. He probably also works with a bunch of KU and KSU fans who tell him WSU is a joke and the fans here are delusional. Why else would he say stuff like that? If you actually look anything up, you see the truth and you don't say something factually incorrect on Twitter. But if you just hear it from people and want to pile on, you do what he did.

If I took a job doing news in Tulsa, I wouldn't insult Tulsa because that's obvious, even though I'm a huge WSU fan. Or worse, even if I took a job in Omaha, I wouldn't dog Creighton. It's just common sense.

Comment

• Who is so f@&$king stupid that they go into a new town and start openly dissing the hometown team? Better question, what business lets someone trash the clientele like that with no ramifications. I will never tune to Kwch again while that tard works there. Cut him some slack? No, cut the chord. You know what kind of shitstorm would be visited on him if he did that to the fagship, I mean flagship in Lawrence.

Comment

• 5 levels of stupid:

1. Taking digs at your core audience for no apparent reason.
        2. Having no conception of the scheduling power dynamics of NCAA sports.
        3. Asserting blatantly untrue stats in support of your argument.
        4. Engaging in bickering as though you are a random fan, not a media professional.
        5. Issuing an apology that not only doesn't really apologize, but only addresses point 1 with no apology for making stuff up.
        Last edited by The Mad Hatter; February 15, 2015, 01:13 AM.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• A little off topic but I looked at Lutz Twitter and he talks a lot today about KU and makes a Kstate comment but had nothing about the WSU games. Typical Wichita Media it looks like.

Comment

• Channel 12 has really fallen. For years they gave WSU great coverage but now they hire people like this. I used to watch their sports every night, sometimes twice (6 and 10). Now I rarely watch them.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              A little off topic but I looked at Lutz Twitter and he talks a lot today about KU and makes a Kstate comment but had nothing about the WSU games. Typical Wichita Media it looks like.
              As much as I have complained about Lutz over the years, I will have to say that for the last couple of years he has actually written a lot about WSU and more and more of it is actually not negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                A little off topic but I looked at Lutz Twitter and he talks a lot today about KU and makes a Kstate comment but had nothing about the WSU games. Typical Wichita Media it looks like.
                I'm not Lutz fan, but at least you can argue that Suellentrop is the one with the WSU beat and he is certainly pumping out plenty of WSU content both on Twitter and in the paper itself. This incident is compounding the fact that the entirety of KWCH has moved to ignore/insult WSU, not just one guy.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  As much as I have complained about Lutz over the years, I will have to say that for the last couple of years he has actually written a lot about WSU and more and more of it is actually not negative.
                  I agree. Lutz has done very good job the past couple of years or so. I even see him calling K U fans on their anti-WSU comments.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I'm curious. What is the ranked opponent in 2012 he was referring to?
                    No one answered this correctly for you, so I want to help you out. Does this game ring a bell? :good:

Attached Files
                    78-65

Comment

• It's not necessarily the WSU comments that bother me, it's his sheer unprofessionalism and getting into little Twitter arguments is what irks me.

It's the exact same reason no one likes Gottlieb. He's just an unprofessional jerk on social media.

Comment

• After KWCH's sports guy got into a twitter fight with WSU fans, here's the breakdown on coverage in KWCH's sports section. I had to back out of a swimsuit (female) photo shoot to get this.

KU: 2 minutes, 39 seconds
                        KSU: 1 minute, 38 seconds
                        WSU: 1 minute, 21 seconds.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          After KWCH's sports guy got into a twitter fight with WSU fans, here's the breakdown on coverage in KWCH's sports section. I had to back out of a swimsuit (female) photo shoot to get this.

Pretty much confirms the meaninglessness of the apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Quit gettin' your panties in a twist folks. The guy is a noob so cut him some slack.
                            Not surprised the guy who pussed out on a bet, asking to be cut some slack, asks the same for some other douche.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Let's see, I personally sent an email to the KWCH sales director, news director, and sports director with the promise that I would begin calling KWCH sponsors on Monday. Reminded them that many of their sponsors are also WSU sponsors. I also tweeted the KWCH GM (thanks to whoever posted that) with the same promise. I called the KWCH sports desk and left a message with the same promise. In addition I sent several tweets to our friend Will reminding him that WSU fans did not appreciate his tweets. I think KWCH was hearing a lot from quite a few of us.
                              Nicely done. Message sent.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                After KWCH's sports guy got into a twitter fight with WSU fans, here's the breakdown on coverage in KWCH's sports section. I had to back out of a swimsuit (female) photo shoot to get this.

And this is why KWCH will never get my viewing pleasure again. It's been that way for a couple years now anyways, but I occasionally do pop in to their morning show on KSCW. I don't think that deserves my attention anymore now.

Just unbelievably bad sports. And TMH is exactly right. The apology was as meaningless as it gets. Just a token effort to "settle the storm". Nothing will change with this, sports coverage wise. The only thing this has done was tarnish the reputation of a punk noob sports reporter.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X