No announcement yet.

New KWCH anchor picking Twitter fight with WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ad at the top of the page on mine is for WSU. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Fair enough. DU had asked an honest question and I just wanted to answer it for him.

Back to the KWCH bashing. Have fun!
      He was asking ShockerFever the question, not the Know-it-All.

Unless your name is ShockerFever, STFU.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Well, Darn. I was looking forward to the game with Northern Illinois, and all sorts of insightful tweets about it from Knuckle.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Just saw him on KWCH. He looked like he just got done bawling his eyes out.
          It seemed like a regular sportscast to me. He led off with the Shockers victory over Illinois State.

If he hadn't tweeted what he did, everything would have seemed like a normal sports segment on KWCH.

Comment

• people still watch the news.?. I mean in the Internet world where I can get the daily news in 45 seconds, why would I waste 30 minutes watching some half ass production by a few egocentric pricks that report some **** that I knew a few hours earlier?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              After KWCH's sports guy got into a twitter fight with WSU fans, here's the breakdown on coverage in KWCH's sports section. I had to back out of a swimsuit (female) photo shoot to get this.

KU: 2 minutes, 39 seconds
              KSU: 1 minute, 38 seconds
              WSU: 1 minute, 21 seconds.
              You can't really go by how long a segment lasts. If this would have been a WSU home game, it would have been a lot longer. KWCH isn't going to send its sports reporter all the way to Normal, Illinois to do a report. Now for KU, all they had to do was drive up the road for it. If KU was playing in West Virginia, I doubt their segment would be as long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                It's there now. Thanks Shockernetters.
                I'm sure Shockernetters ididn't have anything to do with it. And I'd guess that Will Kunkel doesn't update the sports pages on KWCH. It's probably done by some intern.
                Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 15, 2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• I've checked his twitter account and it looks like he tweets out something at least once a day, every day.

Nothing at all today. Hmm. Cat got somebody's tongue?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    I'm sure Shockernetters ididn't have anything to o with. And I'd guess that Will Kunkel doesn't update the sports pages on KWCH. It's probably down by some intern.
                    Your broken English is hard to decipher but I think I got it.

The Knuckle may not have updated the page, but somebody did. And it happened within minutes of Shockernetters pointing out the dumbass mistake. That's a little too coincidental to say they had nothing to do with it.

It appears you're in KWCH/Knuckle defense mode.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                      I have been reading ShockerNet for a long time but this deal finally caused me to register. lol I don't know what is going on with this station but whoever wrote that article they finally posted doesn't even know who is in MVC. I didn't know Northern Iowa was so obscure a team that the sports team on a station in Wichita thinks it is Northern Illinois. I have a feeling Coach Marshall will not be happy... He is a person who 'attends to the details'.
                      I think he's been saying the same think that Shockernetters have been saying when calling Northern Iowa, NIU.

Comment

I think he's been saying the same think that Shockernetters have been saying when calling Northern Iowa, NIU.
                        So is a professional news station's sports articles now on par with what ever is said on a fan message board? Man, that's quite some standards.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Except he's not joking, probably. Just can't distinguish between those pesky "starts with an I" states.

Comment

• Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
                            Is someone willing to ask HCGM about this on the coach's show? I can imagine any coach who would call out a broadcaster for wearing a purple tie to a Shocker game might have some colorful things to say about Will and KWCH
                            The next Coach's Show won't be for 2 weeks, but have at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Your broken English is hard to decipher but I think I got it.

The Knuckle may not have updated the page, but somebody did. And it happened within minutes of Shockernetters pointing out the dumbass mistake. That's a little too coincidental to say they had nothing to do with it.

It appears you're in KWCH/Knuckle defense mode.
                              I guess I need to do better proof reading or hit my keys harder. These flat keyboards on laptops aren't the greatest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                                So, Knuckle's "apology" says he's new here, like that's some kind of excuse. Must not be too bright -- failed to notice the name on the city limits sign when he arrived in town, didn't read all of the decals and bumper stickers, missed all of the yellow and black. Those things might have suggested that this town has a home team that snotty new sports anchors better not mess with.
                                He's been here around a month. or so. Here's his page on KWCH.

Will Kunkel joined the Eyewintess Sports team in January of 2015.

He came to KWCH-12 from NBC 24 Toledo, OH where he was the Sports Director.

Throughout his tenure there, Will grew the station's sports brand in the Toledo market. The station's football and basketball show, "The Friday Night Frenzy," hosted by Will and a co-anchor, saw a marked improvement over two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X