ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
    Gameday is not scheduled for the evening that day. It's scheduled for 3 p.m. The second site will be Lawrence.
    Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    No one has said that numbnuts. Quit making assumptions.
    The only thing that has been officially reported by ESPN is the broadcast schedule for that day. And for the first time this year the "evening" Gameday won't be in the evening, but instead will be at 3:00 right before the KU game. Assuming Kunkel is correct and there will be multiple sites, they'll have 4 hours to get from site 1 to site 2. It's possible they'll hop on a charter and pray everything goes perfectly to get to Utah in time for the 3:00 Gameday broadcast. Much more likely they drive 164 miles up the road to Lawrence.

Comment

• While I don't want a split, it could be pretty funny to watch them cut away from Lawrence to watch us cut down nets. But it would be much better if it was happening in the background during the entire show.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• BOHICA! :)
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
          The only thing that has been officially reported by ESPN is the broadcast schedule for that day. And for the first time this year the "evening" Gameday won't be in the evening, but instead will be at 3:00 right before the KU game. Assuming Kunkel is correct and there will be multiple sites, they'll have less than 4 hours to get from site 1 to site 2. It's possible they'll hop on a charter and pray everything goes perfectly to get to Utah in time for the 3:00 session. Much more likely they drive 164 miles up the road to Lawrence.
          Or, they could have the show at three here, while we're cutting down the nets and then fly out to Utah.

Comment

Care to rethink that 'numbnuts'?
            Dude, I'm done with you. You are a strange person. You come of as a little crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
              Or, they could have the show at three here, while we're cutting down the nets and then fly out to Utah.
              Fly out to Utah and do what? Watch the game from the sideline and wave at the camera? There is no Gameday programming scheduled after the 3:00 to 4:00 broadcast, and there will be no available airtime for pregame discussion in Utah because Duke vs Syracuse is being broadcast right beforehand.

Edit to add: The possibility of a split site doesn't bother me much, it is very exciting that it appears the Gameday crew will be here for at least the A.M. session. I do wish Bilas and Shulman were broadcasting the game, but since I'll be there in person that isn't too big of a concern for me.
              Last edited by Royals85; February 20, 2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
                Fly out to Utah and do what? Watch the game from the sideline and wave at the camera? There is no Gameday programming scheduled after the 3:00 to 4:00 broadcast, and there will be no available airtime for pregame discussion in Utah because Duke vs Syracuse is being broadcast right beforehand.
                Dude, I'm just throwing out alternative posibilities. I'm not saying that's what would happen. But, the crew could go out there to call the game. No one has said that both shows would be split, just that Bilas and co would go to a different game. And quite frankly, Having the Gameday people say that our game is not worth sticking around for because they have to get to Lawrence is a bad, bad scenario. I really don't want to have to listen to some of my douchier KU give me **** over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  #1, and if not, easily in contention for #1 biggest game of all time in Koch Arena.

I'd rank the last time we beat KU at home and the win over Iowa in the ncaa tourney ahead of this one.
                  I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                    I'd rank the last time we beat KU at home and the win over Iowa in the ncaa tourney ahead of this one.
                    Respectfully completely disagree with the first part, and totally agree with the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Respectfully completely disagree with the first part, and totally agree with the 2nd.
                      What about the Florida State game? I've heard some folks who ranked that one second to the Iowa game (I was at the former, not the latter)

Comment

What about the Florida State game? I've heard some folks who ranked that one second to the Iowa game (I was at the former, not the latter)
                        In fairness, I think we (all) are talking about different things.

@Brian: first asked "Next question....if both teams win out and gameday is in the house....where does this rank as all time hyped games in the chuck?"

To which @_kai_: replied "#1, and if not, easily in contention for #1 biggest game of all time in Koch Arena."

@_kai_: is right...IF that scenario unfolds, the hype will be like none before. And it won't be close. Heck, as far as hype goes, it may already be #1.

As for the #1 biggest game, certainly in this generation it is.....but the NCAA tournament game in 81 and several huge battles before that in the Valley of Death would probably surpass this game as 'biggest of all time'.

Still, there's no denying the overall importance of the game, if both teams win their next 2 going into the 28th. It's HUGE.

Comment

• Iowa, Michigan, Cincy, Ohio State, Louisville, Tulsa, KU......

Comment

• To answer the original question, yes, this will be the most "hyped" game. To me, this is only referring to the coverage and "buzz" leading up to the game. Let's say we put 8000 people in Koch for gameday. Was there ever a time when 8000 people showed up for an event for a media outlet prior to a game? Of course there wasn't ESPN back when many of the great earlier games were played or even the internet, so they just didn't have the mechanisms in place to receive the type of "hype" this game will.

Comment

May be too much of a quibble, but Florida state was the best, loudest crowd. The wins over Ku and Iowa were more important games. If we limit the discussion to Chas Koch (and not H Levitt) then this one is probably it. Most hyped? I might go with last year's missouri state game - perfect season. Close call.
                              I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Forecast for next Saturday: 3-5 inches of snow.

Hmm That would be a shame if the ESPN crew couldn't make the drive to Lawrence!

Comment

Working...
                                X