No announcement yet.

ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing that bothers me about Mark Adams is that he totally over inflates how good a player is. Like calling Lynch the best shot blocker in the nation. Or Tuttle as the nations best big man. Etc etc.
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Mark would be great if he dialed it down a few notches. But for this game his biggest problem is that he's not the Gameday crew.

Comment

• Texas-KU is such a garbage matchup to pick. I can't believe they're gonna succumb to a place they've already been to countless times. Why not go some place different? Why not go to a place where a conference championship will be on the line, featuring two near Top 10 teams? It's not like it happens every day in the Valley.

I dunno why they even list the game as a possible game site. I mean going into the year, could you have asked for anything better in the Valley with a title on the line featuring two highly ranked opponents in a winner-take-all at one of the best environments (national pundits say this) in the country? Could that really be topped? If they don't pick next Saturday for Game Day in the Valley, then they might as well never will. Don't list it as a possibility anymore.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
          Jay Bilas and Dan Shulman always call the game at the host site. So if we don't get them, we aren't the host site. Or at the very least, the main host site.
          See, everyone said the same thing about gametime. "Its always the night game". I'm sticking with the conspiracy theory in that this is not the normal weekend for ESPN. FWIW, Bilas didn't call the SMU game last week, he and Schulman were in Syracuse. And SMU was the site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
            See, that's what everyone said the same thing about gametime. "Its always the night game". I'm sticking with the conspiracy theory in that this is not the normal weekend for ESPN. FWIW, Bilas didn't call the SMU game last week, he and Schulman were in Syracuse. And SMU was the site.
            Not good. That's still second class treatment. That just sends a message that they just didn't care enough to send their best crew. We may get Gameday but we won't get the full Gameday treatment.

Comment

• I also like Mark Adams when he calls our games

Comment

• I mean, it won't be the highest rated game of the day given the time slot, so it is not surprising we won't get Bilas. They plug him into the game with the largest anticipated audience unless his work at Moore Van Allen limits his travel options that week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  Not good. That's still second class treatment. That just sends a message that they just didn't care enough to send their best crew. We may get Gameday but we won't get the full Gameday treatment.
                  So SMU got this second class treatment you speak of? I'll take what they got on any day that ends in 'Y'. Mark Adams is doing this game because he knows these two teams like the back of his hand. Sure, the dude can get over the top, but some of you would ***** if Schulman came here and called him Duh-rye-us, so you are gonna be angry either way.

Comment

• And what Play Angry said. Its a big time Saturday of games, we aren't gonna get the prime time. So if we get Gameday instead, so be it. And I just learned I can't say ***** on the forums! Good stuff.

Comment

• I'm afraid some of you may be setting yourselves up...

I mean, I appreciate the positivity and the possibilities. But this is ESPN we're talking about. And we're competing against the mecca of college basketball that is Lawrence, Kansas. It's just not in the cards.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        That's one of my concerns should we get Gameday here; will our fans (students) come out before and after our game during the live and taping sessions?
                        I would have a very good feeling my fellow students would. First of all, it's a ranked UNI for the possible championship. Second, there was a MASSIVE line to pick up the tickets for this game on Monday and I'm pretty sure it sold out for students in a few hours. I'm pretty sure everyone is pretty pumped up and I'm willing to bet the Student Atmosphere will be well above normal for this game, with or without Gameday showing up. (With Gameday, I'm sure it will be an all time high)
                        Last edited by ShockerPhi; February 18, 2015, 09:15 PM. Reason: spelign

Comment

• God dammit...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            Second, there was a MASSIVE line to pick up the tickets for this game on Monday and I'm pretty sure it sold out for students in a few hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              I like Mark Adams.
                              It's not that I dislike him. It's the fact he does almost every game we have.

I would just like to see a little variety.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                It's not that I dislike him. It's the fact he does almost every game we have.

I would just like to see a little variety.
                                I met him at the Missouri State game. Was really nice to me and a buddy. He is calling our game on Sunday vs Evansville.
                                Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Working...
                                X