2015 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Considering WSU's remaining schedule ... worrying about seeds is even more way premature than usual at this point.
    I get your point that WSU's seed is far from locked in, but seriously people, this is a message board. Enough with the "it's premature to discuss X" comments.

We aren't trying to discuss WSU's seed for the 2035-2036 NCAA Tourney. We are talking about Selection Sunday A MERE MONTH AWAY!!

/End Rant

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      I get your point that WSU's seed is far from locked in, but seriously people, this is a message board. Enough with the "it's premature to discuss X" comments.

We aren't trying to discuss WSU's seed for the 2035-2036 NCAA Tourney. We are talking about Selection Sunday A MERE MONTH AWAY!!

/End Rant
      I'm disappointed... No numbers to back up your point... Must be getting lazy

Comment

/End Rant
        Speak for yourself. I have already turned in my ticket request for the 2027-2028 South Regional Downunder in Australia. The P5 will have expanded to the P52's after they allow all foreign countries to play in the tourney.....
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
          Futher proving that he's a hack, Jerry Palm drops us to an 8 seed. The teams that he has ahead of us that shouldn't be are too numerous to list, but you can see for yourself here:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
          He must think there is another Final Four in our future...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Noticed that the guy who had WSU as an 8 seed has updated his bracket today. The Shockers are now his last 11 seed.
            And he has us in as the auto bid, which means he basically has us out as an at-large.

Comment

• He has VCU as a 6 seed. They have dropped 4 or 5 games in a row since they lost the heart and sole of their team due to injury. His career is done, much like the chances of VCU being a 6 seed....
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I don't know but I think we can take Harvard if we play well.:)
                tongue in check!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  We might get as high as a 4.
                  Win the next 8 (5 regular season, 3 MVC tournament) and I would be shocked if WSU wasn't a 3 seed at worst.

30-3
                  RPI in the top 10
                  Definitively ahead of UNI
                  11 game winning streak

Comment

Win the next 8 (5 regular season, 3 MVC tournament) and I would be shocked if WSU wasn't a 3 seed at worst.
                    Yeah, 3 would seem about right in that scenario. Part of what helps is that the SOS is actually pretty decent (relative to the entire league sked) over that period. WSU would rack up at least one, probably 2 Top 25 wins if they were to pull that off, which would polish up some of the current holes in the resume. Add in poll ranking, recent success, a 30-3 record, and going 10-0 in the last 10 and it would start to get difficult to imagine anything lower than a 3 seed.

I'm not really expecting that to happen, but I wouldn't be opposed either :)

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      And he has us in as the auto bid, which means he basically has us out as an at-large.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                        He has VCU as a 6 seed. They have dropped 4 or 5 games in a row since they lost the heart and sole of their team due to injury. His career is done, much like the chances of VCU being a 6 seed....
                        Good point, cap'n -- VCU playing without Briante Weber is darn near the equivalent of WSU trying to play without Fab Fred, which is not something any of us want to think about. Gotta believe the selection committee will take his absence into consideration, too, because the Rams aren't nearly the same without him. Jerry "Face" Palm: isn't that an old Chris Berman nickname? And if it isn't, it should be.

By the way, I thought the 2028 Down Under regional was in Auckland NZ. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway -- my family and I have already set aside enough frequent flyer miles to go in business class (although I believe we can sneak in an Australia stopover if need be). Sure hope they don't jack up the award mileage requirements too much between now and then.

Comment

• Mock Selection going on right now. They have us as a 6 seed playing Illinois in the East. Seeds listed below for East:
                          #1 Virginia
                          #2 Villanova
                          #3 OU
                          #4 ND
                          #5 Providence
                          I'll take this region in a heartbeat. UNI a 5 seed in the West. If I'm reading this correctly we are considered the #1 six seed and they have us playing in Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            Mock Selection going on right now. They have us as a 6 seed playing Illinois in the East. Seeds listed below for East:
                            #1 Virginia
                            #2 Villanova
                            #3 OU
                            #4 ND
                            #5 Providence
                            I'll take this region in a heartbeat. UNI a 5 seed in the West. If I'm reading this correctly we are considered the #1 six seed and they have us playing in Omaha.
                            https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/...874178/photo/1
                            Yes, book that one, please. Attention, Selection Committee!

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                              He has VCU as a 6 seed. They have dropped 4 or 5 games in a row since they lost the heart and sole of their team due to injury. His career is done, much like the chances of VCU being a 6 seed....
                              Or Palms chances of being a relevant prognosticator.

Comment

• I can't say I'm a VCU fan after getting screwed by the refs here in 2011 and losing to them in the NCAA Tournament but their fans have always been really nice and I wish we played them more often. I feel really bad for them and Briante Weber.

Perhaps they should've pulled what KU did last year with Embiid and never announced him out for the season so the selection committee could ignore any losses they received after his injury, since there was always the chance he could come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X