2015 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
    I have you guys as the 18th team on the S-Curve so I think your a solid 5 seed. I could see you guys dropping to a 6 seed based on just having 1 win vs NCAA tourney team but I think the lack of losses helps you get a 5.

Either way a 5 or 6 I am going with a 5. I think Northern Iowa is 15th on the S-Curve so they get a 4 seed. You can't be in their region so will you be in the Midwest ?
    Good call....lol. Look once Palm had WSU as a 7, WSU was going to be a 7, I said this a week ago. This tourney is run by CBS and Palm works for CBS i.e. pay attention to Palm.... he has the inside info.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
      Good call....lol. Look once Palm had WSU as a 7, WSU was going to be a 7, I said this a week ago. This tourney is run by CBS and Palm works for CBS i.e. pay attention to Palm.... he has the inside info.

His track record is horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
        Get ready for the biggest corrupt tournament selections in history. Sports media has been falsely promoting big conferences all year. Mid majors have been having too much success in recent years and now they are going to snuff it out.

Um, I think I predicted this crap bracket selections

Comment

• I did it guys I beat everyone on the bracket matrix I just finally decided to check and see how I did I can't believe it my 351 pts beat all of them all the experts and everyone else!!!!!

1st place got 347 pts.

You get 3 pts for every team (I got 66 teams), 3 pts for every exact seed correct (I had 45 correct), and 1 pt for off by 1 seed (I had 18 of those)

I have been keeping track of my scores since 2003 and the only other time I won was the first year they started which was in 2006 when they had like 9 people the last few years I was always doing decent in the 20-25th range out of the 150 or so people but this year I finally beat them all.

It's not the $100,000 I won playing fantasy football but still pretty exciting after all the work I put in this the last 5 days.
          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

I did it guys I beat everyone on the bracket matrix I just finally decided to check and see how I did I can't believe it my 351 pts beat all of them all the experts and everyone else!!!!!

1st place got 347 pts.

You get 3 pts for every team (I got 66 teams), 3 pts for every exact seed correct (I had 45 correct), and 1 pt for off by 1 seed (I had 18 of those)

I have been keeping track of my scores since 2003 and the only other time I won was the first year they started which was in 2006 when they had like 9 people the last few years I was always doing decent in the 20-25th range out of the 150 or so people but this year I finally beat them all.

It's not the $100,000 I won playing fantasy football but still pretty exciting after all the work I put in this the last 5 days.
            Are you sure you want to brag about being most consistent with the committee this year? :topsy_turvy:
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I did it guys I beat everyone on the bracket matrix I just finally decided to check and see how I did I can't believe it my 351 pts beat all of them all the experts and everyone else!!!!!

1st place got 347 pts.

Why don't you submit your bracket to the Matrix? It's as simple as making a blog and sending an email.

Comment

• Well I did have you guys as a 5 seed one of my 3 misses by 2 seeds. I don't have a blog and who thinks you will actually come up with the best score so why bother ? Now it's pointless to try I will never do that again. At least I posted everyone on your site (and 1 other site) right before the show so that's all the proof I need that I scored that much.
                2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• nm
                  Last edited by jdshock; March 16, 2015, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Here is a compilation of the W/L records/percentages as favorites, underdogs and overall, of the P5 conferneces and the MVC since 2001 in the Tournament.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Here are some fun stats from 538.

FiveThirtyEight’s men’s and women’s NCAA tournament forecasting models calculate the chance of each team reaching each round, taking into account a composite of…

Move your pointer around on the bracket to get an idea of how it works.

WSU has a 72% probability of defeating IU and a 36% probability of reaching the Sweet 16.

Also place your pointer on the headers.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Using the AP poll and comparing its "seeds" with the actual seeds

NCAA Seed AP Rank AP Seed Difference
                        7 Wichita St. 14 4 -3
                        5 Northern Iowa 11 3 -2
                        3 Notre Dame 8 2 -1
                        4 Maryland 12 3 -1
                        6 SMU 18 5 -1
                        7 Michigan St. 23 6 -1
                        1 Kentucky 1 1 0
                        1 Wisconsin 3 1 0
                        1 Villanova 2 1 0
                        1 Duke 4 1 0
                        2 Arizona 5 2 0
                        2 Virginia 6 2 0
                        2 Gonzaga 7 2 0
                        3 Iowa St. 9 3 0
                        4 N. Carolina 15 4 0
                        5 Utah 19 5 0
                        5 West Virginia 20 5 0
                        6 Butler 24 6 0
                        7 VCU 25 7 0
                        2 Kansas 10 3 1
                        3 Baylor 16 4 1
                        3 Oklahoma 13 4 1
                        4 Louisville 17 5 1
                        5 Arkansas 21 6 1
                        4 Georgetown 22 6 2
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          Palm is horrible, but I'm borderline calling BS.

Did he REALLY say that? You aren't making this up?

If so, wow.
                          Bump to show the definition of insanity.
                          Assist to Jamar (in a good way)

Comment

• Thanks @shoxlax. Nice find.

Just to recap. Palm said a loss to UNI on Senior day last year and WSU would have been squarely on the bubble and might need help to even get in. WSU ended up beating UNI, but then they turned around and laid a turd in the MVC semis in St. Louis. After all that, they received a 7 seed.

Would a loss, rather than a win, against eventual 5 seed UNI have been so devastating that WSU would have fallen from #26 on the S-Curve (and a 7 seed) all the way to the bubble? For reference, team #46, Dayton, was the last atlarge. The UNI win created a 20 spot swing?

One last thing. That goober Palm had WSU as a 7 seed on selection sunday last year. A 7!!! Clearly he realized that his own garbage was wildly inaccurate and bumped WSU up quite a bit in the final days as he saw everyone else's brackets and figured out that his opinion had been completely wrong.

Today, it is Feb 2016 and Palm is at it again. He says WSU is most likely out without the auto-bid. Watch his seed projection for WSU rise quickly from auto-bid needed to single digits, and for no identifiable reason, in about 2 weeks.

Example #5698 why not to listen to Jerry Palm for good analysis.

Comment

• Interesting development here. Remember that Palm's comments referenced in this thread were from 2/19/15.

Check out this link:

As of 2/23/15, WSU's average seed on the matrix was 5.02. Apparently Palm's bracket on 2/23 had WSU as a 7 seed.

So at that time, the average person said WSU was a 5, Palm's bracket said WSU was a 7, and Palm's mouth said WSU was facing a "win or you're out" game on 2/28 vs UNI.

What. The. Heck. ???????

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                Interesting development here. Remember that Palm's comments referenced in this thread were from 2/19/15.

Check out this link:

As of 2/23/15, WSU's average seed on the matrix was 5.02. Apparently Palm's bracket on 2/23 had WSU as a 7 seed.

So at that time, the average person said WSU was a 5, Palm's bracket said WSU was a 7, and Palm's mouth said WSU was facing a "win or you're out" game on 2/28 vs UNI.

What. The. Heck. ???????
                                It almost looks more like he's trying to steer other people in a different direction from what he knows the reality is. If people thought we were a 5, he acted like we were toast, and then made us a 7 (which is his most likely his honest opinion)...then why would you ever say we were that much on the bubble if not to just try to influence all the 5 thinkers? Either that or he wants to provide locker room material to make sure our players play hard. Maybe he just really loves the Shockers and I have it backwards. He knows how to get our motor going to ensure another Final 4?

Comment

Working...
                                X