2015 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    IMO you are correct but history informs that Conference Membership and the name on Jersey helps in the seeding process of the NCAA Tournament. So teams like Kansas, Louisville, UNC and Notre Dame will capture seeds that they do not IMO deserve.
    Not true for teams that schedule poorly in the noncon. In the past few years the comittee has made an example of several power conference teams that did this by knocking them down 2-3 seed lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      IMO you are correct but history informs that Conference Membership and the name on Jersey helps in the seeding process of the NCAA Tournament. So teams like Kansas, Louisville, UNC and Notre Dame will capture seeds that they do not IMO deserve.
      While I generally agree. Notre Dame's schedule was beyond ridiculously horrible. I loathe Kansas, but they do regularly play a very tough non-conference schedule.

I'd be surprised if ND gets better than a 5 seed.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Let's hope we play some of these overrated teams...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Jerry Palm is HORRIBLE at bracketology. He regularly finishes way below the average blogger who just does it for fun.

Just for reference, over at the http://bracketmatrix.com/, WSU is currently a 5 seed. There are something like 100 people's predictions being tracked. I see ONE 8 seed out of the whole group!
          Using that source (Thank you for that, JH4P) I've computed the min, max, median, mode, standard deviation and calculated (MAX - MIN) to express the magnitude of the range.

http://
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Isn't UNI also in the same 3-4 seed consideration?

Comment

• I don't think we have to worry. If we win out and take St. Louis, there will be no question that we are a 3, maybe 2 seed. I'd rather just finish strong and remove all doubt.

Maybe we can win out till Sunday in St. Louis and drop a head scratcher to Evansville as DJB goes 100% from 3 and the MVC forces 3 teams into the dance. WSU and UNI are both strong enough to be at large this season :)

Comment

• If we don't beat UNI, I'd say we will be way closer to an 8 seed than a 3 seed.

Comment

• We might get as high as a 4.

Comment

• I'd like to know, based on each resume and all analysis, what makes UNI a 5 seed and what makes WSU an 8 seed.

Jerry Palm has no clue what he's doing. He's horrible. I don't think many call his phone much anymore.

I still can't believe CBS picked him up. Makes them look bad.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask.../iteration/227

New bracket from Lunardi. Not a match-up I would like to see...
                      Yes, bummer.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        Jerry Palm is HORRIBLE at bracketology. He regularly finishes way below the average blogger who just does it for fun.

Just for reference, over at the http://bracketmatrix.com/, WSU is currently a 5 seed. There are something like 100 people's predictions being tracked. I see ONE 8 seed out of the whole group!
                        Noticed that the guy who had WSU as an 8 seed has updated his bracket today. The Shockers are now his last 11 seed.

Comment

• Considering WSU's remaining schedule -- one or two dangerous games, one or two potential trap games (depending on how you classify @ IndSt), a home game they can't overlook, and a home game against a very good team that matches up pretty well with them -- worrying about seeds is even more way premature than usual at this point.

The Shocks have a tough stretch ahead, and need to bring their A game every night. This is when it really feels good to have a guy like FVV on our side (Baker and Cotton, too, of course -- but Fab Fred even more).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Noticed that the guy who had WSU as an 8 seed has updated his bracket today. The Shockers are now his last 11 seed.
                            Checkout his seeds if you want a good laugh; he must be in contract discussions to replace Jerry Palm.

#2seed - UNC
                            #3seed - Oklahoma, Iowa State, Louisville, Baylor
                            #4seed - Oklahoma State, Maryland, VCU, Butler

Comment

• VCU has a better chance of playing themselves out of the tournament than into a 4 seed at this point. They are cooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                Yes, bummer.
                                I don't know but I think we can take Harvard if we play well.:)

Comment

Working...
                                X