Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
    Completely agree, not sure how he can look at the current situation and not see an opportunity worth giving 100 percent.
    I think 3G's system depends more so on how you are wired than what you see.

Comment

It is definitely fascinating that a guy isn't working as hard as the rest of the team to obtain minutes at a position that is our biggest weakness.

Center and PF minutes should be easy to come by on this roster. If you can't put forth enough effort to make Coach happy when you are trying to beat out Nurger, Glass and Wamukota (as opposed to Stutz, EO, Hall, Blair, etc) you might have a screw loose. His position is wide open for the taking and he has the most going for him to grab it... Yet he doesn't.

Comment

If he has decided to move on, I wish him the best. Sometimes the fit is just not right. ( i.e. CF)
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I imagine the effort needed to sustain the effort he put out for two games was too much for him. If he had played lights out and then expected the spot to be given to him and then when he still had to work to keep it and he didn't, that would irk HCGM to the point where we are now.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Too bad. I was hoping he'd step up.

Comment

I think the writing was on all the wall this summer when Shaq was called out by Fred for standing him up on a workout.

Comment

I'd add to the equation that even though we always slightly disapprove of "naming" players and overspeculating, this particular scenario is much different now that he has been left at home with his effort publicly mentioned. That was a high profile move and you know the whole city will be talking about it. It will be interesting to see if he is playing Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  I'd add to the equation that even though we always slightly disapprove of "naming" players and overspeculating, this particular scenario is much different now that he has been left at home with his effort publicly mentioned. That was a high profile move and you know the whole city will be talking about it. It will be interesting to see if he is playing Sunday.
                  WSU has very proud fans outside of the city limits, like myself.. I'm thinking something not so good happened for him to be left in Wichita.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if he is in the arena Sunday.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      It will be interesting to see if he is in the arena Sunday.
                      i was thinking the very same.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I guess if he's going to do a Conner Frankamp, he needs to make his decision quick.

Comment

Too bad for Shaq...and too bad for the Shockers. At least he got a Hawaiian vacation out of the deal. Gregg got nothin' unfortunately. Now Shaq can concentrate on watching the OKC Thunder games wishing. Later in life....regret will kick in. Once in a lifetime chance...oh well...
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            I guess if he's going to do a Conner Frankamp, he needs to make his decision quick.
                            That will suck. He has the best post moves and passing out of the post of any of our bigs. I haven't seen any problems that aren't fixable. Of course, I can't see inside his head..
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I was in Hawaii and kept my mouth shut intentionally - I purposely seated myself in a position where I could see faces and body language from both players and coaches, and what I saw from both was not encouraging. It was more than a "doghouse" situation

I've played and coached and reffed and understand how the game is, but it is still disappointing. Shaq could have won the NBA slam dunk competition with what he was doing pregame in Hawaii, and he was definitely best physically suited and talented to check the GW big man that we couldn't stop inside.

If he drops I will be as disappointed in him as anyone since Skip Nickerson didn't stick, but I understand it's for the overall good of the program.

Comment

Shaq talked back to coach in front of the team... That's what's circulating in old town tonight... But who knows

Comment

Working...
                                X