Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Thing about Frankamp is he needs the ball in his hands to score. He was a terrible catch and shoot player this past year but a really good off the dribble player. That's how he was at North too. Needs the ball to score.
    He was better as a catch and shoot guy as a freshman than Hinrich. He is a ridiculous shooter. To try and conclude anything from a freshman season with very limited opportunities on the court with a bunch of players who basically only passed to him by default is unfair. It's all about rhythm for a shooter and he rarely got the ball in rhythm off the pass.

Frankamp would be an incredible get for WSU...or really just about anywhere other than Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Friends, Newman, or Creighton would be a fantastic fit for a tiny white dude who's lone skill is draining the 3.
      I am 100% behind this joke, but I also would not be unhappy if we had him on our roster for a full two years after Fred's graduation. The way I read the article is that he would be eligible to start playing second semester of the 15-16 season. If he used that as a redshirt year, he would have two years of eligibility left, I think.

Edit: I'm dumb. The redshirt year will be this year, so he will have 2.5 years of eligibility.

Comment

I've been calling for this one for a while.. and creighton seems like the most likely fit.. they need someone like him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          From the KU board, FWIW:
          If he comes to WSU, I will cheer him on as loud as any other player on our team. Until then, he's still a beaker to me.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            The whole thing is weird.
            Daddy issues?

Comment

Jeff Goodman, Evan Daniels, etc. etc. etc. have all reported that Sophomore guard Conner Frankamp is going to transfer. Apparently, given the Andrew White transfer, outside shooting isn't needed...

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                He was one of the few KU players that actually looked like he should have a spot on a D1 roster during the NCAA tournament.
                Self has shown an uncharacteristic affinity for prima donna trash at guard the last two years (i.e. Tharpe over Frankamp last season). It is a high risk, high reward strategy. On the one end, you have guys like Khalid El-Amin who win you a national championship. On the other end, you have P'Allen Stinnett.

Coaches at blue blood programs usually avoid such a strategy.

Comment

Can someone please merge the two threads?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maybe he comes to WSU, but I think that train has already left the station. Taking @1972Shocker:'s assumption, he couldn't have made his decision to go anywhere at a worse time.

Comment

Kid has a life-long boner for KU. Don't want him anywhere near our program. Ogirri v2.

Comment

he is transferring to WSU is what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Self has shown an uncharacteristic affinity for prima donna trash at guard the last two years (i.e. Tharpe over Frankamp last season). It is a high risk, high reward strategy. On the one end, you have guys like Khalid El-Amin who win you a national championship. On the other end, you have P'Allen Stinnett.

Coaches at blue blood programs usually avoid such a strategy.
                          Who was the last good pg for them? Chalmers? Did Self recruit him?

If KU's team had FVV last season to keep the egos in check from Wiggins and Embiid and also effectively distribute the ball, they would have been a really incredible team, I think. Without a pg, you end up struggling to win a weak Big 12 and losing in the second round despite having two lottery picks. Just shows how lucky we are to have FVV.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Kid has a life-long boner for KU. Don't want him anywhere near our program. Ogirri v2.
                            If HCGM wants him, I want him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Maybe he comes to WSU, but I think that train has already left the station. Taking @1972Shocker's assumption, he couldn't have made his decision to go anywhere at a worse time.
                              The CBS Sports report confirms my assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales View Post
                                He was better as a catch and shoot guy as a freshman than Hinrich. He is a ridiculous shooter. To try and conclude anything from a freshman season with very limited opportunities on the court with a bunch of players who basically only passed to him by default is unfair. It's all about rhythm for a shooter and he rarely got the ball in rhythm off the pass.

Frankamp would be an incredible get for WSU...or really just about anywhere other than Kentucky.
                                I don't think it is totally about ability with 3G. Character, work ethic, toughness, fitting into his team concept and adding to team chemistry seem to be pretty important to 3G. Not saying Conner doesn't fit that bill but he will have to convince 3G he can bring a lot more than just a pretty jump shot to the party. And remember that as of right now we are already 2-over the 13-player scholarship limit for next year and seemingly still have other offers on the table which may or may not come to fruition.

Comment

Working...
                                X