2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jatrain View Post
    Actually for years now the NCAA has called it a neutral site game. They're wrong, but that's what they've decided.

What's with all the gay bashing stuff?
    @GeoffGrammer: The Kansas game in Kansas City (every season) is not considered a neutral court game. It is a KU home/Utah road game per NCAA.

Thoughts?

When grandma brings you your faded walmart T-shirt out of the dryer along with another grape soda and allows you back on the computer, I look forward to your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Basketball State calls it neutral
      Originally posted by Jatrain View Post
      Actually for years now the NCAA has called it a neutral site game. They're wrong, but that's what they've decided.
      Ok, thanks. I disagree with the call, but the fault is with the NCAA, not KU.

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Not an argument. Just a fact.
      Maybe I'm reading between the wrong lines, it is the internet after all, but I had a pretty good chuckle about this.

Comment

• Drake getting hammered, again, this time by an overrated Wisconsin Green Bay team.

Comment

• UNI holds an early 7-4 lead @ VCU

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
            UNI holds an early 7-4 lead @ VCU
            Now 24 all, on Cox channel 78.
            Last edited by bunck; December 13, 2014, 06:23 PM. Reason: added quote

Comment

• Entertaining game. VCU is still tough in the full court, but in the half court they are inexplicably bloody awful.

Comment

• Washpun had a steal and a monster dunk! Still down one.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Memphis down 18 to OKST with 5 to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    When grandma brings you your faded walmart T-shirt out of the dryer along with another grape soda and allows you back on the computer, I look forward to your response.
                    You mean somebody else has my life...I'm going to upgrade to an orange soda.

Comment

• I think we all know WSU is going to be the only MVC team to win a game today... Even though all of these games were extremely winnable.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        @GeoffGrammer: The Kansas game in Kansas City (every season) is not considered a neutral court game. It is a KU home/Utah road game per NCAA.

Thoughts?

I'll only respond to say that I was wrong. In 2008 when KU lost there the NCAA ruled that it was a home game, keeping a long home winning streak intact. I guess that has changed and the NCAA is no longer doing everything possible to keep KU on top. Maybe our gay student population is just too high now? Do you have a problem with any other minority groups? Blacks? Pacific Islanders?

I do enjoy a good grape soda.

Comment

I'll only respond to say that I was wrong. In 2008 when KU lost there the NCAA ruled that it was a home game, keeping a long home winning streak intact. I guess that has changed and the NCAA is no longer doing everything possible to keep KU on top. Maybe our gay student population is just too high now? Do you have a problem with any other minority groups? Blacks? Pacific Islanders?

I do enjoy a good grape soda.
                          Jatrain, don't worry. Your posts are appreciated by the majority here. I'm not quite sure why Doc jumped on you so hard. I've think you've been more than polite. I appreciate your contributions and hope you stick around.

Comment

What doesn't make sense? When MU decided to look to the Southeast, KU decided to make an concerted effort to recruit/market to the whole metro area. They ran an ad campaign called "This is KANSAS City". They extended instate tuition rates to include the metro counties on the Missouri side. And they use the basketball team to promote the University. What does it matter if the Sprint Center is a couple of miles on the Missouri side of the border? There are plenty of alums/fans/potential students who live on that side as well? Should people who live in Missouri not go to KU med because it's on the Kansas side?
                            State of Kansas money should stay in the state of Kansas when possible. What do Lawrence businesses feel about losing a home game to the state of Missouri?
                            You're right though, KU has made a concerted effort to recruit and spend money in the state of Missouri while ignoring the rest of the state. KSU campus has a bigger enrollment than KU's Lawrence campus, WSU has a larger gain of students than KU. KU refuses to schedule a game in Wichita regardless of who they might play.
                            KU better start paying a little more attention to the rest of the state. As a different poster wrote, the "flagship" has sailed ... and is starting to sink.

Comment

• It looks like UNI is going to lose their first game of the year. @VCU would have been a nice "W" for the MVC.

It is now quite possible that WSU finishes the year without a single win over a top 50 team. I do NOT want the selection committee having any reasons to give the Shox the shaft come seeding time. We really, really, really need UNI, Seton Hall, Alabama, etc. to play well as the season progresses. The difference between "they only won x number of games against the top 50" and "they didn't win ANY games against the top 50" could be substantial come March.

Well, looks like I may have spoke to soon. UNI was down 11, now only down 5 with 5 minutes to go. Come on Panthers!

Comment

• 3 point game, 4 minutes to go

Comment

Working...
                                X