2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    WSU is in the same city as Intrust--- not to mention the same state.
    I get the point about the same city, but are you really trying to split hairs about the Sprint Center being across the KS/MO line?

No need to make this in to a big argument. Point is, Intrust is closer than Sprint, but both are truly home games. I know ours counts as such, not sure if theirs does.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
      I get the point about the same city, but are you really trying to split hairs about the Sprint Center being across the KS/MO line?

No need to make this in to a big argument. Point is, Intrust is closer than Sprint, but both are truly home games. I know ours counts as such, not sure if theirs does.
      Basketball State calls it neutral
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

Not an argument. Just a fact. Additionally, KU can't throw the Quantril bait if they're willing to play 1-3 yearly games in the state of Missourah and support their economy. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          If this is a "neutral" site game, how is KU allowed to have their logo at half court??

Seems like something the "home team" would do.
          It's the tournament committee who actually makes the final determination on whether the game is counted as a home or neutral site. Here are their published guidelines:

Home/Away/Neutral Site Games
          The following guidelines and examples are for regular-season and postseason contests.

Team A is playing Team B. For results and the Rating Percentage Index (RPI), the game is considered a “home” game for Team A and an “away” game for Team B if the site of the contest:

• is the regular home site for Team A.

• is in the same city or a reasonable distance within the metropolitan area of Team A, and its opponent, Team B, is from outside the metro area. (Why IBA may be counted as a home game for WSU).

• is in the same city or a reasonable distance within the metropolitan area of both teams and one team, Team A, is designated as the home team and includes the game in its season-ticket package.

• is in the same area of Team A and Team A plays some or several “home” games there each season. Oftentimes these games are included in the season ticket package offered by the school. (UCONN playing several games in Hartford each year)

• is in a city close by Team A and Team A designates the game as a “home” game that will count in its home attendance. The game is also included in the season ticket package offered by the school. (KU doesn't include Sprint Center game as part of its season ticket package).

• is a temporary “home” site while the regular home site for Team A is being renovated.

• is a nearby temporary emergency site while the regular home site for Team A is being repaired.

Of course the Sprint Center game is neutral in name only; that's exactly what KU (and KSU/MU, Both play games there with their logos on the floor. WSU could do the same) wants. It's why they never schedule a Midwestern based school for the game there. They want it to be a 95% KU crowd. Anyone who said different is stupid.

Comment

• Your second bullet is why that is without question a home game for gayu. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. It's a home game.

Walmart tshirt wearing mythical lgtb-bird fans can call it whatever they like, but the NCAA calls it a home game, and it is a home game, period.

Comment

• KU is so freaking lucky.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Why do KU fans even care so much?

You won. Get over it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Not an argument. Just a fact. Additionally, KU can't throw the Quantril bait if they're willing to play 1-3 yearly games in the state of Missourah and support their economy. Doesn't make sense.
                  What doesn't make sense? When MU decided to look to the Southeast, KU decided to make an concerted effort to recruit/market to the whole metro area. They ran an ad campaign called "This is KANSAS City". They extended instate tuition rates to include the metro counties on the Missouri side. And they use the basketball team to promote the University. What does it matter if the Sprint Center is a couple of miles on the Missouri side of the border? There are plenty of alums/fans/potential students who live on that side as well? Should people who live in Missouri not go to KU med because it's on the Kansas side?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Your second bullet is why that is without question a home game for gayu. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. It's a home game.

Walmart tshirt wearing mythical lgtb-bird fans can call it whatever they like, but the NCAA calls it a home game, and it is a home game, period.
                    Actually for years now the NCAA has called it a neutral site game. They're wrong, but that's what they've decided.

What's with all the gay bashing stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jatrain View Post
                      What doesn't make sense? When MU decided to look to the Southeast, KU decided to make an concerted effort to recruit/market to the whole metro area. They ran an ad campaign called "This is KANSAS City". They extended instate tuition rates to include the metro counties on the Missouri side. And they use the basketball team to promote the University. What does it matter if the Sprint Center is a couple of miles on the Missouri side of the border? There are plenty of alums/fans/potential students who live on that side as well? Should people who live in Missouri not go to KU med because it's on the Kansas side?
                      KU is a state university and goes out of its way to benefit the Missouri economy.

Of course it's in the best interest of KU itself. It's not in the best interest of the state, though.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Why do KU fans even care so much?

You won. Get over it.
                        Sorry, thought the guy was asking a question. I'll go back to lurking and enjoying watching the Shockers play.

Comment

Sorry, thought the guy was asking a question. I'll go back to lurking and enjoying watching the Shockers play.
                          What do you think KU fans as a whole think about Traylor playing today. In all honesty, I think he's got a neat story. I, however, can't imagine he would be playing today if KU had been playing division two no name state. But I recognize that I'm saying that as a shocker fan. Do you get the sense most KU fans are happy about the decision or do you think any of them are feeling a little dirty about letting him play?

Comment

• Bowling Green 67 - Cleveland State 57. Coach Jans doing a terrific job.

Comment

Actually for years now the NCAA has called it a neutral site game. They're wrong, but that's what they've decided.

What's with all the gay bashing stuff?

It defies logic and common sense and flies in the face of bullet 2. It's 30 miles from Allen to Sprint. Most KU fans can make the game in under 15 minutes. It's one thousand one hundred miles from Utah to KC. KU's logo is on the court. It's a home game. If the NCAA says it's not a home game (they might if they play Mizzou there but not UTAH) then the NCAA is continuing their longstanding tradition of favoring ku and allowing them to cheat and get away with it. You would think the 2nd best team in the state and their fans would be better than that. Apparently not.

As to your 2nd point, I call 'em like I see 'em.

Comment

• Was this game included in the season ticket package?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X