No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois st is emulating KU. They are racking up quality losses left and right already....
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Louisville and Ohio State is some fugly basketball. Of course since it's power schools, it's just a demonstration of strength and defense. Put a couple of non-P5 jerseys on the players and play the exact same game, and it's ruining basketball.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 2 classics from the IlSU color guy

There's a lot of fight in Daishon Knight
        If you have any doubt about the accuracy of that statement, just check with the local police.

...and...

I did not see it, but I can't imagine how that could be an offensive foul
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Has OSU ever played decent offensive basketball? I know I salivated when I knew playing them in the Elite Eight was a possibility, and I imagine Dayton rather enjoyed their matchup last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
            Has OSU ever played decent offensive basketball? I know I salivated when I knew playing them in the Elite Eight was a possibility, and I imagine Dayton rather enjoyed their matchup last year.
            The answer to your question is an emphatic NO.

Top 15, my left buttcheek.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Good stuff tomorrow. All times CST.

Memphis vs. Stephen F. Austin, 6 PM on ESPN News
              Seton Hall vs. Mount St. Mary's, 6 PM
              Bradley vs. Central Michigan, 7 PM
              Illinois State vs. VCU, 7 PM on ESPN3
              St. Louis vs. Rockhurst, 7 PM
              Evansville vs. Wright State, 7 PM
              Alabama vs. South Florida, 8 PM on SEC Network/Watch ESPN
              Hawaii vs. Delaware State, 11 PM

Every single one of those is a home game for our team of interest. Cheers to a big day and a lot of wins.
              I can't complain too much about tonight. Assuming Hawaii wins, today went about exactly how it needed to. I can't figure out Memphis, but they will still be a top 100 team even in a bad year. They will pull it together still. Losing to SFA still has a silver lining since UNI beat SFA. That could still work out for good by the end of the year. As for ILL St, come on. That was right there and you blew it. Can't say I expected anything different.

For the most part, night one of redemption week was a success. Tomorrow is the night where I REALLY need an MVC and non con opponent sweep.

I want to make SN aware that Tulsa is hosting Creighton tomorrow night.

Comment

• Another slate of good games tonight, everything is CST.

Indiana State vs. #23 Butler, 6 PM
                Loyola (IL) vs. Tulane, 7 PM
                Southern Illinois @ SIU-Edwardsville, 7 PM
                Tulsa vs. Creighton 7 PM on ESPN3
                New Mexico State @ New Mexico, 8 PM on ESPN3
                Loyola Marymount @ Southern California, 9 PM on PAC-12 Network

I'm gonna start including teams near us in the polls now that the rankings are becoming a little more static.

#12 UNC vs. Iowa, 6:30 PM on ESPN
                #10 Villanova @ LaSalle, 7:30 PM on CBS Sports
                #7 Virginia @ #21 Maryland, 8:15 PM on ESPN2
                #4 Duke @ #2 Wisconsin, 8:30 PM on ESPN

Comment

• I'm getting a little excited. It's like the calm before the storm for me. There is an opportunity for our schedule to gain two really useful wins over the Big East, who as a conference, seems to be very strong so far. I know Indy St. is a stretch, but they are at home.

Oh, and we have a HUGE game as well :)

SIU-E should be a win for Barry, and even though it's a weak game, it is technically a road game. Tulane is 5-1 going to Loyola. NMSU is currently (barely) favored at UNM, and Loyola Marymount (3-3) can steal one at USC, who is definitely beatable...currently only 4-3 with losses to Portland St, Akron and Penn St.

I'm sure hoping to gain some bragging points tonight if Tulsa can take care of Creighton. I don't see why Tulsa can't do it. They played us really hard and shot the ball like madmen in the first 10 minutes. Stuff like that can break a team like Creighton if they aren't hitting, too. Then on Sunday, Creighton has to play at Nebraska. This is "Exposure Week" for Creighton. If they win both of these, I guess I'll have to start changing my tune, but I really don't want to. What I really want is to dog them hard starting tonight around 7:00pm and not stop until after the Nebraska loss. I'm getting some popcorn for this week.

Comment

• Can't decide who to root for between Creighton and Tulsa.

Somebody help me out here?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Can't decide who to root for between Creighton and Tulsa.

Somebody help me out here?
                      Tulsa, and it's not close. Granted, I was either unborn or barely alive during some of those classics from the 80s, but I have no feelings towards Tulsa. Sadly, I am afraid that we might look at Creighton the same way in about ten years.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I turned away. Did VCU boatrace them in the second half?
                        Not exactly, but they made plays when they needed to, and IlSt didn't -- sound familiar?

According to the ESPN box, VCU had eight turnovers to 24 (!) for the Future Felons. Think that might give WSU a blueprint for how to approach these games? IlSt shot 50% to just over 33% for the Rams, but VCU actually had two MORE baskets, thanks to getting 25 (!!) more shots.

FYI, the play-by-play said Teddy Hawkins hit a three to start the llSt scoring, and he played 31 minutes, but he finished with just five points (and six boards). He did not get a FT attempt, even though he was one of the taller guys on the court.
                        Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 3, 2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          FYI, the play-by-play said Teddy Hawkins hit a three to start the llSt scoring, and he played 31 minutes, but he finished with just five points (and six boards). He did not get a FT attempt, even though he was one of the taller guys on the court.
                          Stats like that suggest to me that he was more of a liability than anything. Not that there are other options on that roster that would be any better. I guess that's why he got 31 minutes even when not performing.

Comment

• Currently, ESPN has (3-3) Tulsa -1.0 over (6-1) Creighton tonight. :)

That's right next to Butler -7.0 over Indy St. @ Terre Haute and Villanova -11.5 over La Salle @ La Salle when you pull up tonights BIG EAST games.

I found that a little intriquing...and satisfying.

Comment

• Game on for the Trees vs the Bulldogs. Interestingly enough, there are Etherington brothers on both teams. Cities are only 75 miles apart. I'm sure the family is having fun.

It sure would be fun to live in a state where the other D-1 programs didn't avoid you at all costs...

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                Currently, ESPN has (3-3) Tulsa -1.0 over (6-1) Creighton tonight. :)

That's right next to Butler -7.0 over Indy St. @ Terre Haute and Villanova -11.5 over La Salle @ La Salle when you pull up tonights BIG EAST games.

I found that a little intriquing...and satisfying.
                                I was moderately impressed with Woodard and one other Tulsa player, but I'm surprised that they're favored over Creighton. The Oklahoma team I saw go into Omaha (and lose) would have been a 10 point favorite over Tulsa.

I know the transitive property doesn't apply in college basketball, but it still seems weird. I would have had it Creighton -4.

Comment

Working...
                                X