No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK is plenty beatable. KU just had zero chance of winning. What is Bill Self's ENTIRE offensive system designed to do? Get the ball to a big on the block. Year after year, big after big he has used the same system and it works because he always has better big men than the teams he plays. Sure, they do other things, but KU fundamentally wants its scoring to come from wide-open easy looks as close to the rim as possible. That system will not beat Kentucky. Ever. It just not work. It didn't work either time in 2012, where UK cruised to easy victories and it won't work now. If KU ever gets a talent advantage in the bigs maybe they'd have a shot, but UK has had better posts most years (last year KU would probably have matched up well with Embiid healthy).

The platoon system does not really matter. The only real problem is that KU gets the shot they want and just get rejected by a much bigger, much more athletic UK team. Perry Ellis and Cliff Alexander are midgets compared to UK's bigs, and it shows. They can't compete for rebounds, they can't really defend, and they certainly aren't scoring. Just being realistic, this is a KU team that will finish with around 25 wins and probably should have been ranked around #15 instead of #5. Kelly Oubre and Cliff Alexander are no replacements for Wiggins and Embiid, and the rest of their guys are good, not great. Wichita State is a much better team right now.

UK can be beat. Put pressure on their guards, shoot well from the perimeter, and do just enough inside to keep them from running away with it. Wichita State could play this UK team way closer than KU ever could, because we have the guardplay it takes to beat them. Frank Mason and Devonte Graham aren't enough. Wayne Selden is no Tekele Cotton. Svi is talented, but he's 17 and looks it. Don't take 40-0 away from this, because it was pretty obvious going in that UK had a big advantage and will probably win comfortably.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      UK is plenty beatable. KU just had zero chance of winning. What is Bill Self's ENTIRE offensive system designed to do? Get the ball to a big on the block. Year after year, big after big he has used the same system and it works because he always has better big men than the teams he plays. Sure, they do other things, but KU fundamentally wants its scoring to come from wide-open easy looks as close to the rim as possible. That system will not beat Kentucky. Ever. It just not work. It didn't work either time in 2012, where UK cruised to easy victories and it won't work now. If KU ever gets a talent advantage in the bigs maybe they'd have a shot, but UK has had better posts most years (last year KU would probably have matched up well with Embiid healthy).

The platoon system does not really matter. The only real problem is that KU gets the shot they want and just get rejected by a much bigger, much more athletic UK team. Perry Ellis and Cliff Alexander are midgets compared to UK's bigs, and it shows. They can't compete for rebounds, they can't really defend, and they certainly aren't scoring. Just being realistic, this is a KU team that will finish with around 25 wins and probably should have been ranked around #15 instead of #5. Kelly Oubre and Cliff Alexander are no replacements for Wiggins and Embiid, and the rest of their guys are good, not great. Wichita State is a much better team right now.

UK can be beat. Put pressure on their guards, shoot well from the perimeter, and do just enough inside to keep them from running away with it. Wichita State could play this UK team way closer than KU ever could, because we have the guardplay it takes to beat them. Frank Mason and Devonte Graham aren't enough. Wayne Selden is no Tekele Cotton. Svi is talented, but he's 17 and looks it. Don't take 40-0 away from this, because it was pretty obvious going in that UK had a big advantage and will probably win comfortably.
      I'm not buying any UK 40-0 t-shirts, but they might not lose a game in the Suck East Conference..
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        ******* logic:

WSU goes undefeated (34-0; RPI #6) = Not impressive...
        UNI beats SFA (28-2; RPI #47) = Impressive!!!
        Jeff ******* isn't even a journalist.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Jeff ******* isn't even a journalist.
          Did you see he picked Gonzaga to win it all? I'm mean it's nice to go outside-the-box and all, but really?

No disrespect to 'Zaga; they have a good team this year. There are several teams I would pick ahead of them though.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I'll talk **** on KU for anything I want. Your reasons are sufficient. But if I wanna talk **** on KU for getting their "5th-ranked" asses handed to them, I'm gonna.
            Then bring on your A game soldier. Anything less is unacceptable. I need your best when talking KU ****. Now drop and give me 20.

Comment

• This is going to be a fun year but I highly doubt UK will go undefeated. As special as last season was for both Wichita State and Kentucky it be something if both teams somehow went undefeated and met in the National Championship game. One can dream.
              2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
              2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
              2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
              2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
              The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Did you see he picked Gonzaga to win it all? I'm mean it's nice to go outside-the-box and all, but really?

No disrespect to 'Zaga; they have a good team this year. There are several teams I would pick ahead of them though.
                Exactly. He literally gets a boner for how many eyebrows he can raise. He also can't take anything thrown back to him, hence his butthurting schtick he has for us because Gregg told him off in a radio interview 3 years ago.

Not. A. Journalist.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                  This is going to be a fun year but I highly doubt UK will go undefeated. As special as last season was for both Wichita State and Kentucky it be something if both teams somehow went undefeated and met in the National Championship game. One can dream.
                  And then Fred can hit that 3..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                    This is going to be a fun year but I highly doubt UK will go undefeated. As special as last season was for both Wichita State and Kentucky it be something if both teams somehow went undefeated and met in the National Championship game. One can dream.
                    "Winner Take All: The Epic Battle of the Unbeatens". I can see it now. :)
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      I'm not buying any UK 40-0 t-shirts, but they might not lose a game in the Suck East Conference..
                      The SEC may be truly awful this year, but this KU team would finish 3rd in the SEC. They are honestly the worst KU team since 2009, and UK at least has Florida for competition. And yes, even though Florida lost I'd take them over KU.

Comment

The SEC may be truly awful this year, but this KU team would finish 3rd in the SEC. They are honestly the worst KU team since 2009, and UK at least has Florida for competition. And yes, even though Florida lost I'd take them over KU.
                        I am not sure KU will ever leave AFH again...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• The scary thing is that, unlike last year, UK realizes how good it could be and wants to realize that.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                            Now that is some solid Beaker bashing. Take notes rookies.
                            Remember, Buffalo was up on this UK team at half. How much would Buffalo beat KU by? 5? 10? I'll put the line at -7.5.

Comment

• Can we swap spots with KU in the Champions Classic?

Comment

Ehh, we'll see in a couple of weeks when KU takes on UF.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X