No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet, all the key players in their "big" run were recruited for the valley

Comment

• Here's the thing with the McDermott-era Bluejays. The primary players of the previous three years responsible for their success were Dougie, Gibbs, Wragge and Echinique. Of those, only one is a traditionally recruited player (Wragge). Dougie was by DNA while Gibbs and Echinique were transfers. Besides not having any more players to pull from in the DNA pool, he's not pulling any from the transfer pool that I know of.

With some obvious exceptions I do think there is some truth to a conference recruiting a "level" of player, and CU was going to have one to two classes after jumping before they could get in early enough on better players and have an expectation of landing them. This year's class is the one where that excuse will no longer apply. If they aren't seeing promise from the young players on next year's team, they should get ready to spend a lot of time looking up in the standings because there won't be many teams to look down on.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
        Found this on BJ Underground.

Good point. Nebraska's loss to Creighton (RPI 122) was actually worse than their loss to Incarnate Word.

Now if that's not a slap in the face I don't know what is.
        I am so glad they are not our schedule, talk about a huge RPI drain on our OOC SOS.

As far as their problems being MVC talent on their roster, I'm not buying it. When they were in the MVC their fans were saying that they had outgrown the MVC. This would imply that they were recruiting above MVC standards. Sorry, Creighton fans you can't have it both ways. Don't blame the MVC for your team tanking in the Big East.

Edit: at least two and maybe up to 4 MVC teams have better talent than Creighton. If they were at the top of the MVC how can they be at the bottom of the BE with MVC talent? This is a smoke and mirrors argument by a desperate fan base.
        Last edited by Shocker-maniac; January 9, 2015, 05:44 PM.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• A rapidly shrinking fan base.

The sweater vest douchebags should be doing extra Hail Marys that NU sucks ass this season, else wise the exodus from Omaha to Lincoln would be scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            A rapidly shrinking fan base.

The sweater vest douchebags should be doing extra Hail Marys that NU sucks ass this season, else wise the exodus from Omaha to Lincoln would be scary.
            Lincoln? Moving forward they need to be more concerned with the larger state school located just a couple of miles due west of Narcissistic Sociopathic Grand Central Station.

There's got to be 10 times the alumni volume for UNO in the Omaha area as there is CU (overwhelmingly populated with out-of-staters). That ball gets rolling in UNO's sweet little new arena (owned by the school - shocker!), and the CU train will meet the end of the tracks for it's nifty little 15-20 year run of nothingsignificantness.

Comment

• Candidate for all-time slap fight list: Creighton fans now using history of success in the NCAA tournament to talk smack on Nebraska fans. I may need to get some popcorn to take this one in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Here's the thing with the McDermott-era Bluejays. The primary players of the previous three years responsible for their success were Dougie, Gibbs, Wragge and Echinique. Of those, only one is a traditionally recruited player (Wragge). Dougie was by DNA while Gibbs and Echinique were transfers. Besides not having any more players to pull from in the DNA pool, he's not pulling any from the transfer pool that I know of.

With some obvious exceptions I do think there is some truth to a conference recruiting a "level" of player, and CU was going to have one to two classes after jumping before they could get in early enough on better players and have an expectation of landing them. This year's class is the one where that excuse will no longer apply. If they aren't seeing promise from the young players on next year's team, they should get ready to spend a lot of time looking up in the standings because there won't be many teams to look down on.
                It could happen, Royal -- Butler, for example, may have righted its ship after a brief but nasty sinking spell (and you don't want to be on a ship that has a sinking spell). Of course, Butler is a bit different from CU in that they've had more NCAA success in each of two consecutive recent years than the Jayboys have had in their entire history combined. We've also seen it in football, where TCU had to fight through its transition to the Big 12 and now seems to have become the league's Alpha Frog.

The problem, though, is that it isn't just the school; it's the coach. And McDermott has tried this upgrading business once before (that time under his own power; this time the school imposed it on him) without much success. It's how he got to Creighton in the first place. So although there's still time to see progress, there's also reason for the Omaha Drinking Society to be concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Jeezuz, that's gotta be the most candy-assed sissy fight ever.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    It could happen, Royal -- Butler, for example, may have righted its ship after a brief but nasty sinking spell (and you don't want to be on a ship that has a sinking spell). Of course, Butler is a bit different from CU in that they've had more NCAA success in each of two consecutive recent years than the Jayboys have had in their entire history combined. We've also seen it in football, where TCU had to fight through its transition to the Big 12 and now seems to have become the league's Alpha Frog.

The problem, though, is that it isn't just the school; it's the coach. And McDermott has tried this upgrading business once before (that time under his own power; this time the school imposed it on him) without much success. It's how he got to Creighton in the first place. So although there's still time to see progress, there's also reason for the Omaha Drinking Society to be concerned.
                    I don't think that Butler is a fair comparison, because they went through a coaching change. Many teams are going to experience a set back during a coaching transition even if they don't change conferences. For Creighton, no conference change just a loss from the Coach's DNA pool. This is all on Daddy boy.

Comment

Just took a stroll through Bluejay Underground. Holy crap! What time do they start drinking each day? Predicting a W over Seton Hall?
                      Now that they own a quality loss over preseason-picked last-place DePaul at home, they have every reason to believe they could beat a ranked team on the road. They had better beat Seton Hall without Whitehead. That might be the most winnable game left on their schedule, actually. I would have said the return game against DePaul is winnable...but well, not so much now...

Comment

Just took a stroll through Bluejay Underground. Holy crap! What time do they start drinking each day? Predicting a W over Seton Hall?
                        Here, let me condense their logic process down for you; they think they can beat SH because inferior WSU beat SH. Not kidding, it's likely just about that detailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Here, let me condense their complete lack of a logical process down for you; they think they can beat SH because inferior WSU beat SH. Not kidding, it's likely just about that detailed.
                          I know this is what you meant, so I fixed it for you.

Comment

• FYI, the Lady Shox are on ESPN3 against MSU right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              FYI, the Lady Shox are on ESPN3 against MSU right now.
                              alex harden is putting together an amazing season and jody adams has turned the lady shockers into a fringe top 25 team yearly now!

Comment

• All CST, all the time.

George Washington @ LaSalle, 11:30 AM on NBC Sports
                                Bradley vs. Evansville, 1 PM
                                Alabama @ Tennessee, 1 PM on SEC Network
                                #19 Seton Hall @ Creighton, 1:15 PM on FS1
                                Tulsa @ Temple, 2 PM on ESPN News
                                Detroit vs. Oakland, 2 PM on ESPN3
                                Drake vs. Northern Iowa, 3 PM on ESPN3
                                Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State, 3 PM on ESPN3
                                St. Louis @ Davidson, 6 PM
                                Marymount @ BYU, 8 PM
                                New Mexico State vs. UMKC, 8 PM on ESPN3
                                Hawaii vs. Cal State Northridge, 11 PM

#22 Ohio State @ Indiana, 11 AM on ESPN
                                #18 North Carolina vs. #5 Louisville, 1 PM on ESPN
                                #20 VCU vs. St. Joseph's, 1 PM on CBS Sports
                                #11 Maryland @ Purdue, 1:30 PM on Big Ten Network
                                #12 Kansas vs. Texas Tech, 2 PM on ESPNU
                                #21 Baylor @ Texas Christian, 3 PM on ESPN2
                                #10 Texas @ Oklahoma State, 4 PM on ESPNU
                                #13 Notre Dame vs. #3 Virginia, 5 PM on ESPN2
                                #16 Oklahoma vs. Kansas State, 6 PM on ESPNU
                                #17 West Virginia vs. #14 Iowa State, 7 PM on ESPN2

There will be a quiz on the results this Tuesday, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X