2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Sure would be nice if somehow Kansas found their way in your region come this NCAA brackett
    Anyone know why espn bracket has not been updated since preseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
      Lunardi lazy
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Is Bruce Haertl calling the UNI/Loyola game?
        I think so. Have not seen image, but voice sounds Haertl.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
          He tweeted this weekend that one will be out tomorrow.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• None of our opponents are in action today, but below are some relevant games for teams ranked near us. Everything is CST.

#13 Notre Dame @ #18 UNC, 6 PM on ESPN
            #14 West Virginia @ Texas Tech, 6 PM on ESPNU
            #10 Texas vs. #16 Oklahoma, 8 PM on ESPN

Comment

• #10 Texas laying Alamo sized egg against Oklahoma. 62-39 with 5 to go.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                #10 Texas laying Alamo sized egg against Oklahoma. 62-39 with 5 to go.
                Goodness - Texas with a whopping 14 points for the first HALF???? #10???? Sure...okay. Lol
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• In the immediate future that probably hurts us in the polls as Oklahoma could easily jump us and we won't pass Texas without them losing twice.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                    In the immediate future that probably hurts us in the polls as Oklahoma could easily jump us.
                    No, no, no. You must not have your facts straight. It was not all that long ago that some members of this board very clearly informed me that wins/losses by OU have ZERO impact on WSU. Please delete your post quickly before they come for you too.

Comment

• JH4P, you're going off the rails again. Just thought that you should know.

Comment

• It was interesting to notice the crowd at the OU/TX game. Two Top-20 teams and the arena was far from full. OU jumped out quickly and never gave the crowd(?) much chance to get involved. I understand it's a football school but that was a pathetic showing by their fans. This makes me proud of the support that we are able to muster for the Shockers.
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                          In the immediate future that probably hurts us in the polls as Oklahoma could easily jump us and we won't pass Texas without them losing twice.
                          Isn't this their second loss...at home?

Edit: to a team that lost at...Creighton?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                            It was interesting to notice the crowd at the OU/TX game. Two Top-20 teams and the arena was far from full. OU jumped out quickly and never gave the crowd(?) much chance to get involved. I understand it's a football school but that was a pathetic showing by their fans. This makes me proud of the support that we are able to muster for the Shockers.
                            I watched the game against I think it was Stanford and thought the exact same thing. It was quiet, no energy. It was bizarre.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• According to some UT fans I chat with, the AD started a new policy last night. Ushers looked at every ticket to be sure that nobody moved into the lower section without a proper ticket. Prior to last night they actually invited fans to come down and fill the lower bowl midway through the first half. Looked to me like this was a bad move on the ADs part. A lot of coaches would hate to play 2nd fiddle to football but Barnes doesn't seem to mind seeing the stands half full.
                              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                No, no, no. You must not have your facts straight. It was not all that long ago that some members of this board very clearly informed me that wins/losses by OU have ZERO impact on WSU. Please delete your post quickly before they come for you too.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post515428
                                There's a completely different situation/scenario then than there is now. Beating a Top 6 team on their home floor is slightly more relevant than beating Bimbo State at home whenever.

You sour and wet yourself too much. You come off as being anal, bitter, and weird.

Do you log and archive all of your posts in hopes of getting an Internet "boo yah" somewhere down the line? The problem with this "boo yah" attempt is that it didn't even make sense.
                                Last edited by ShockerFever; January 6, 2015, 10:28 AM.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X