No announcement yet.

College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think BJ fans are a bit sore of us? I mean we've been to a Final Four, were ranked #2 in the country, went undefeated for 34 straight games, etc. all the while in the lowly Valley and they move into the MidMajor East, thinking they were going to be the toast of college basketball, all the while they continued to sit behind WSU in all of the media and headlines throughout the year in their best season ever which ended in a 30 point rout in the second round of the NCAA Tournament? I mean that has to sting, doesn't it? And then to see that this year that same little ol' Valley school is being ranked preseason Top 10 with pre-season AA's wallowing around, while they are being picked with the DePauls of the world in their own conference and rated behind SIU?

And now after Nebraska football steals the show through the entire fall season, Nebraska basketball is prepared to become the show through the winter, alienating 3/4 of their fanbase.

This is not gonna end well.

And my is it gonna be fun to watch.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      So did Seton Hall and DePaul a few years ago.
      Shots fired!
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Creighton has 5 players that our coaching staff were high or very high on. I wouldn't go putting them down so quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Creighton has 5 players that our coaching staff were high or very high on. I wouldn't go putting them down so quick.
          The problem for Creighton isn't that they have no talent. They have two problems to answer. 1) almost all of their remaining talent is unproven 2) most importantly they lost two glue guys the same year. McDermott and Gibbs will not be replaced this year. How much of a fall they make is undetermined.

Comment

Sounds like something that was said every offseason over the past 4 years.

I dont doubt the impact losing McDermott and Gibbs will have. As much as I want to see them slip to Seton Hall status, i dont think it will be as quick as people think.

Comment

I don't really think CU will be terrible but the fact remains....Coach McDermott, without his crazy good son, has been a very average coach. MAYBE slightly above average in the Valley, certainly WAY below average in the B12. He's a decent coach with little to no success coaching the type of athletes you mostly need to be a top 40 program. Might he take off and be a great coach and win big? Sure it's possible and sCUm will support a winner, but they aren't there yet. Greg is no Gregg, not even close.

Comment

I dont doubt the impact losing McDermott and Gibbs will have. As much as I want to see them slip to Seton Hall status, i dont think it will be as quick as people think.
                check out their roster, it will be an interesting season.....http://www.gocreighton.com/SportSele...=89384&SPID=69
                They are counting on Soph Zach Hanson being their next go-to guy. Averaged 2.8 pts and 1.1 rebounds in 5 min a game as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I don't really think CU will be terrible but the fact remains....Coach McDermott, without his crazy good son, has been a very average coach. MAYBE slightly above average in the Valley, certainly WAY below average in the B12. He's a decent coach with little to no success coaching the type of athletes you mostly need to be a top 40 program. Might he take off and be a great coach and win big? Sure it's possible and sCUm will support a winner, but they aren't there yet. Greg is no Gregg, not even close.
                  Its all about the coaching. McD is a mid major coach with a mid major gameplan. And it shows. GM is a high major coach with a high major gameplan. McDs game didnt play in the big 12, and it doesnt in the post season.

GM could go anywhere and win. And it is paying off in the post season as well.

Clear as day.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

But now, he has Steve Lutz bringing him sone better players to play or him.

He had Doug, and ran the offense for him. Expect a change back to what he ran at UNI now that Doug is gone, but with better players.

We will see quickly how good o a coach he is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Its all about the coaching. McD is a mid major coach with a mid major gameplan. And it shows. GM is a high major coach with a high major gameplan. McDs game didnt play in the big 12, and it doesnt in the post season.

GM could go anywhere and win. And it is paying off in the post season as well.

Clear as day.
                      Nailed it. HCGM's teams thrive against the big boys. This isn't just a recent thing, it was evident from his first few seasons here with teams that weren't so good, yet competed very well against teams like Michigan State, Siena, and Baylor, all of which were tournament teams and were very close games (a 1-2 record in them). Quite the opposite of Creighton's gameplan, which might allow for some wins if the shots are hitting, but also allows for absolutely embarrassing 30 point losses. And that's with a senior-laden team featuring their best player in program history. It's only down from there for our good friends from Omaha.

Comment

But now, he has Steve Lutz bringing him sone better players to play or him.

He had Doug, and ran the offense for him. Expect a change back to what he ran at UNI now that Doug is gone, but with better players.

We will see quickly how good o a coach he is.
                        This is a good point. It's easy to make a game plan when you have Doug. If I were being honest, I'd say I expect him to do fine (I actually like the McDermotts), but I would rather just rag on Creighton.

Is it just me, or is it a little harder to hate the team with him at the helm than when it was Dana? I mean, the fans are one thing, but just the team itself...

Comment

It is a little harder, but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            Nailed it. HCGM's teams thrive against the big boys. This isn't just a recent thing, it was evident from his first few seasons here with teams that weren't so good, yet competed very well against teams like Michigan State, Siena, and Baylor, all of which were tournament teams and were very close games (a 1-2 record in them). Quite the opposite of Creighton's gameplan, which might allow for some wins if the shots are hitting, but also allows for absolutely embarrassing 30 point losses. And that's with a senior-laden team featuring their best player in program history. It's only down from there for our good friends from Omaha.
                            We played well against Georgetown, too.

Comment

It is a little harder, but not much.
                              Yuuup, I know what ya'll are thinking...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Who are these glue guys you speak of? Creighton's best team was this past year. They lost Doug Mc and Gibbs who were Seniors.

Two years ago, their Seniors were Greg Echinique, Gibbs, Josh Jones, and a guy named Kelling. Gibbs and McDermott have been the glue guys for the past four years. Echinique was never a leader and I don't know anyone who would have fit this mold in the past four years. This indicates a drop in leadership this year imo. so I predict a drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X