College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Just how did we manage to lose one of our Koch's?
    Losing New Koch is a net positive. Classic Koch is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      N Iowa #61
      Holy ****, they really may be on the bubble this year!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

There are a lot of at larges so 40 is more the bubble than 60--not that they are that far apart.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          They were a .500 team last year and add a kid that averaged 3 points for Virginia. I'm not saying they're bad....they aren't, but how much upside do they have?

I think UNI will be tough and well coached, as they mostly are, but I'm not sure that top 60 isn't their ceiling instead of their floor.
          They played a fairly brutal non-con last year and were absolutely not up for the challenge. This year's schedule is set-up for a slightly better team to come out looking like a tourney team. UNI has a lot of nice pieces. Not sure what that means as far as record.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            They played a fairly brutal non-con last year and were absolutely not up for the challenge. This year's schedule is set-up for a slightly better team to come out looking like a tourney team. UNI has a lot of nice pieces. Not sure what that means as far as record.
            20 wins, bare minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              20 wins, bare minimum?
              i'd buy that. I guess I should have stated, "not sure what means as far as success." I could see them as a 10 seed in the dance or just as likely, an NIT bubble.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                There are a lot of at larges so 40 is more the bubble than 60--not that they are that far apart.
                By UNI standards. Top 60 is a freaking 4 seed.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Sadly, I think is right. Hopefully UNI surprises to the upside but I'm not holding my breath for the MVC's return to multi-bid status.

ISUr has the second best talent in the league, IMO. Getting that batch of future felons to play as a cohesive unit for 30 games is another matter though.
                  Lmao.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

If Alabama actually ends up in the top 50, it'll be a big win.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/9782
                      This prediction seems completely made up. I'd be happy if they could just manage to stay in the top 150.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Valid points. There better be some impressive leaps being made for a mediocre .500 basketball team to be turned into NCAA wonder boy in a year's time. It can be done, but I'm pretty skeptical.
                        Understandably, their fans will try to compare a team's potential with their Sweet 16 team of 2009 (I think). Tuttle, for all his talent, is no Adam Koch. There is no Egleseeder. Point guard play is above average but there is nobody with the physicality that Kujo brought. They have depth and the have shooters from range and that is always a concern especially when one of them is 6-9 to 6-10 but Buss is a terrible defender. Like I said, I think UNI will be good and with an oddly time poor non-con especially for them, may have a really good record, I just don't think they'll be that strong, nationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/9782
                          It would be nice if they were right on. With non-con games against 48, 50, 60 and Memphis, Nebraska (CU or #63 GW) & Utah certainly left to be ranked, in addition to 6 of the other 9 Valley teams in the top 131 that would seem to be enough meat on the bone to satisfy all but the most bitchy of P5 honks out there that refuse to play WSU, assuming the guys continue to win at a brisk pace.
                          Last edited by WuDrWu; September 23, 2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            It would nice if they were right on. With non-con games against 48, 50, 60 and Memphis, Nebraska (CU or #63 GW) & Utah certainly left to be ranked, in addition to 6 of the other 9 Valley teams in the top 131 that would seem to be enough meat on the bone to satisfy all but the most bitchy of P5 honks out there that refuse to play WSU, assuming the guys continue to win at a brisk pace.
                            Using this independent source I have been constructing a potential member "MidWest Basketball Conference" to compare with existing Big 12 and New Big East. Potential Conference Members would include -
                            1. Shockers
                            2. Memphis
                            3. Saint Louis
                            4. Cincinnati (ranked 52)
                            5. New Mexico State (ranked 60)
                            6. Northern Iowa (ranked 61)
                            7. New Mexico (ranked 67)
                            8. Cleveland State (ranked 69)
                            9. Louisiana Lafayette (ranked 73)
                            10. Illinois State (ranked 74)
                            Averaging the 144 Madness Rankings indicates this Potential New Midwest Conference would be stronger and more competitive than the Big 12 and the New Big East.

Comment

• Tulsa comes in at #48.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Thanks, a good catch; I posted an old list that did not include Tulsa.

Comment

Working...
                                X