No announcement yet.

College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked this out again. No other Valley teams mentioned and they're up to #76 - Davidson.

A former Valley coach made the list. Bruce Weber and the KSU Wildcats came in at #79. Just 3 spots above SIU's current coach, who everyone agrees is still in a major rebuild.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The K State crowd certainly have an inflated opinion of themselves. They laughingly continue to talk trash on the Shockers, saying that the Shockers can't play with them and should play 2 for 1 at Manhattan even though none of the experts has any All Americans from Manhattan nor are they ever placed above the Shockers in any of the polls. Most pre-season polls don't even mention K State in their Top 20 or Top 25.

They are lucky that the Shockers ever offered them a game at Manhattan, one at IBA, and one in KC because it should be one in Manhattan and two in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        The K State crowd certainly have an inflated opinion of themselves. They laughingly continue to talk trash on the Shockers, saying that the Shockers can't play with them and should play 2 for 1 at Manhattan even though none of the experts has any All Americans from Manhattan nor are they ever placed above the Shockers in any of the polls. Most pre-season polls don't even mention K State in their Top 20 or Top 25.

They are lucky that the Shockers ever offered them a game at Manhattan, one at IBA, and one in KC because it should be one in Manhattan and two in Wichita.
        Where is this crazy talk?
        Livin the dream

Comment

KSU will be better than that.

Foster is a stud.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Where is this crazy talk?
            Out in the pasture, next to the alfalfa fields.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ISU red at #74
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

N Iowa #61
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Seems low, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

They were a .500 team last year and add a kid that averaged 3 points for Virginia. I'm not saying they're bad....they aren't, but how much upside do they have?

I think UNI will be tough and well coached, as they mostly are, but I'm not sure that top 60 isn't their ceiling instead of their floor.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      They were a .500 team last year and add a kid that averaged 3 points for Virginia. I'm not saying they're bad....they aren't, but how much upside do they have?

I think UNI will be tough and well coached, as they mostly are, but I'm not sure that top 60 isn't their ceiling instead of their floor.
                      Sadly, I think is right. Hopefully UNI surprises to the upside but I'm not holding my breath for the MVC's return to multi-bid status.

ISUr has the second best talent in the league, IMO. Getting that batch of future felons to play as a cohesive unit for 30 games is another matter though.

Comment

I thought they had a new Koch brother that is going to lead them to the promised land.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Getting that batch of future felons to play as a cohesive unit for 30 games is another matter though.
                          :highly_amused: Now that's funny. Every time I read it I laugh my arse off. Oh how I love to hate ISUr. :highly_amused:
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Valid points. There better be some impressive leaps being made for a mediocre .500 basketball team to be turned into NCAA wonder boy in a year's time. It can be done, but I'm pretty skeptical.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Sadly, I think is right. Hopefully UNI surprises to the upside but I'm not holding my breath for the MVC's return to multi-bid status.

ISUr has the second best talent in the league, IMO. Getting that batch of future felons to play as a cohesive unit for 30 games is another matter though.
                              Awesome. Absolutely awesome. And true.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I thought they had a new Koch brother that is going to lead them to the promised land.
                                Just how did we manage to lose one of our Koch's?

Comment

Working...
                                X