2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Good lord, 42-1 in non-con home games since 2008. Easy to lose track of some of the amazing things going on around here.
    JFC we lost to UMKC TWO EFFING YEARS IN A ROW??!!

After a Final Four and an unbeaten regular season, I'm still not sure we're even. Yuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      JFC we lost to UMKC TWO EFFING YEARS IN A ROW??!!

After a Final Four and an unbeaten regular season, I'm still not sure we're even. Yuck.
      When you shoot 11-24 from the line...at home (the November 2008 game)...including Stutz missing a FT to tie the game in the last few seconds, you deserve to lose.

Who here envisioned a Final Four and an undefeated season back when we struggled with UMKC in those early 3G years?
      78-65

Comment

• Remember that guy at the Sunflower that called for him to be fired?

Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Good lord, 42-1 in non-con home games since 2008. Easy to lose track of some of the amazing things going on around here.
          And that 1 was a ref-loss.

Comment

• MVC schedule is out

The Missouri Valley Conference, Thursday, released the full conference lineup for each of its 10 member schools

Comment

• Looks a bit back loaded, but no crazy three game road stands, so I'm good with it.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                Looks a bit back loaded, but no crazy three game road stands, so I'm good with it.
                I kinda feel like there is no such thing as "backloaded" in this conference anymore. I'm not sure if there is any way you can arrange the games where the Shockers will be at a disadvantage. Now, if a few teams decide to show up this year, I would be glad to change my tune.

Have we decided who this year's other contenders are? Is it UNI and Evansville? Maybe Indy St, ILL St and MoSt?

It's hard to fear any of these teams right now. We're over here debating how many really good players won't get minutes.

Comment

• Nebraska will be looking for a little payback after that massacre during our NIT champy-ship run a few years back. Oh and after HC3GM kindly told them "thanks but no thanks" when they were looking for a new coach. They are much improved though and it should be a good game.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Nebraska will be looking for a little payback after that massacre during our NIT champy-ship run a few years back. Oh and after HC3GM kindly told them "thanks but no thanks" when they were looking for a new coach. They are much improved though and it should be a good game.
                    It would mean so much to my Shocker heart if we can re-create that score in this matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      I kinda feel like there is no such thing as "backloaded" in this conference anymore. I'm not sure if there is any way you can arrange the games where the Shockers will be at a disadvantage. Now, if a few teams decide to show up this year, I would be glad to change my tune.

Have we decided who this year's other contenders are? Is it UNI and Evansville? Maybe Indy St, ILL St and MoSt?

It's hard to fear any of these teams right now. We're over here debating how many really good players won't get minutes.
                      Point taken, but when looking at the schedule I decided it was "backloaded" more because essentially both of our games against Loyola and Drake are in the first half of the conference schedule.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        It would mean so much to my Shocker heart if we can re-create that score in this matchup.
                        Not me, I want Nebraska to be good enough to be a top 50 win for us when this season is over. Well I guess we could have both. :)
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Point taken, but when looking at the schedule I decided it was "backloaded" more because essentially both of our games against Loyola and Drake are in the first half of the conference schedule.
                          We have to face all of the double cream puffs with chocolate early on, so we will need to hunker down and get focused for the stretch run against all of the plain cream puffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Not me, I want Nebraska to be good enough to be a top 50 win for us when this season is over. Well I guess we could have both. :)
                            Exactly. We need a 75-45 win over the #25 team

Comment

If we are going undefeated again it doesn't matter when we play them.:)

Comment

• I am just excited that we aren't the last ones to release our schedule. It's the little things in life, right? :yahoo:
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X