2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I am just excited that we aren't the last ones to release our schedule. It's the little things in life, right? :yahoo:
    I've enjoyed being the last team to release our schedule. It generally means things are being worked out with ESPN et al, which is usually a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I've enjoyed being the last team to release our schedule. It generally means things are being worked out with ESPN et al, which is usually a good thing.
      And that may still be happening since the schedule didn't include game times. I think that's a departure from the previous years where all but a few game times and TV carriers were decided before the schedule was released.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I kinda feel like there is no such thing as "backloaded" in this conference anymore. I'm not sure if there is any way you can arrange the games where the Shockers will be at a disadvantage. Now, if a few teams decide to show up this year, I would be glad to change my tune.

Have we decided who this year's other contenders are? Is it UNI and Evansville? Maybe Indy St, ILL St and MoSt?

It's hard to fear any of these teams right now. We're over here debating how many really good players won't get minutes.
        Suellentrop tweeted that USA Today picked UNI as at an-large team

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          And that may still be happening since the schedule didn't include game times. I think that's a departure from the previous years where all but a few game times and TV carriers were decided before the schedule was released.
          Agreed. Looks like they changed their release tactic this year to at least give folks the dates as early as possible. I'm pretty firmly entrenched in the "do whatever you gotta do, mail me my season tickets and I'll show up" camp. The entire staff has been working hard at improving both the schedule and exposure for years.

Comment

• I like getting UNI on Tekele's and Carter's senior night as I would pick them second and they have some good fairly recent history.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Check out this bad boy.

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Check out this bad boy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1626[/ATTACH]
                Nice!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Check out this bad boy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1626[/ATTACH]
                  Where did you get that done?
                  The Assman

Comment

• It's not mine, I saw it on twitter. Some guy did it himself. Here are a few of the tweets.

@TatersGunnaTate: @TraegerGrills Wichita State Shockers! #traegertailgate http://t.co/mHeqe5tQon

@TatersGunnaTate: @sourdoughsam @TraegerGrills no I painted it myself.

@TatersGunnaTate: @sourdoughsam @TraegerGrills it has done great. Got paint that is rated up to 2000 degrees.

Comment

It's not mine, I saw it on twitter. Some guy did it himself. Here are a few of the tweets.

@TatersGunnaTate: @TraegerGrills Wichita State Shockers! #traegertailgate http://t.co/mHeqe5tQon

@TatersGunnaTate: @sourdoughsam @TraegerGrills no I painted it myself.

@TatersGunnaTate: @sourdoughsam @TraegerGrills it has done great. Got paint that is rated up to 2000 degrees.
                      Thats smokin!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Yoder Smokers (made here in Kansas and owned by a very pro-WSU family) can special make a WSU smoker. They did one for the WSU AD, and have made a few for WSU peeps.

Just a slight price difference though between the Yoder and the owner customized Traeger posted above. I believe the Yoder as it sits is more around $2000-$2500. At least that is the range I recall from when I asked over at All Things BBQ (ATBBQ and Yoder Smokers are run and owned by the same family). They say that if you want one you need to get a licensing release or whatever from WSU to use the logo, but they don't seem to indicate that is a huge deal.

Great family and great companies. If you are into smoking or grilling you really should check them out. Contrast that with Walton's where one of their main employees is as big of a KU homer/WSU hater as you will ever find. If you are like me (and I might be a step too far), if I find a business that is clearly not WSU friendly (or an employee of similar bent) I do my best to never send that establishment a penny of business - ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Yoder Smokers (made here in Kansas and owned by a very pro-WSU family) can special make a WSU smoker. They did one for the WSU AD, and have made a few for WSU peeps.

Just a slight price difference though between the Yoder and the owner customized Traeger posted above. I believe the Yoder as it sits is more around $2000-$2500. At least that is the range I recall from when I asked over at All Things BBQ (ATBBQ and Yoder Smokers are run and owned by the same family). They say that if you want one you need to get a licensing release or whatever from WSU to use the logo, but they don't seem to indicate that is a huge deal.

Great family and great companies. If you are into smoking or grilling you really should check them out. Contrast that with Walton's where one of their main employees is as big of a KU homer/WSU hater as you will ever find. If you are like me (and I might be a step too far), if I find a business that is clearly not WSU friendly (or an employee of similar bent) I do my best to never send that establishment a penny of business - ever.
                          I'm right there with you on who I give my dollars to. This is good info. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• They should have one of these at the Shocker Auction every year.

Comment

• I've become very frustrated with the AD. I just can't figure out when we are going to reap the benefits of our final four run. The first part of the schedule isn't bad, but the second half is crap. Basically everything from December 31st on is just silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
                                I've become very frustrated with the AD. I just can't figure out when we are going to reap the benefits of our final four run. The first part of the schedule isn't bad, but the second half is crap. Basically everything from December 31st on is just silly.
                                I'm thinking nearly every regular season game from New Year's Eve and on is above ADES' pay grade.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X