2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-15 Schedule

Please forgive me if there is already a thread created for this. If not, I thought I'd start one regarding next years non-con schedule. I know it's still being formulated but here's what I can remember that we have at this point:

Games @ Koch:
    1. Saint Louis
    2. Alabama
    3. Tulsa

Neutral Floor:
    1. Memphis in South Dakota
    2. Game 1: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio possible opp.)
    3. Game 2: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio possible opp.)
    4. Game 3: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio possible opp.)

Road Games:
    ?

So far it's shaping up to be a pretty nice schedule for next season as I do feel like the Valley as a whole will be better (at least I hope).

Did I miss any games?
    "It is OVER... Ladies and Gentleman, say it slow and savor it... Wichita State is going to the Final Four for the first time in 48 years." - Mike Kennedy

@ Detroit, December 13th

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      @ Detroit, December 13th
      That's right... Thanks AndShock. So by my count, 8 games are already spoken for. 5 open dates remain.
      "It is OVER... Ladies and Gentleman, say it slow and savor it... Wichita State is going to the Final Four for the first time in 48 years." - Mike Kennedy

Comment

Memphis at South Dakota??? I did not know about this. Why SD?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Memphis at South Dakota??? I did not know about this. Why SD?
          Discussion on Memphis game: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...hlight=memphis

Comment

Holy Geez that Diamond Head thing is yucky. BUT at least our guys and fans get to go to Hawaii!!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Rick BW View Post
              That's right... Thanks AndShock. So by my count, 8 games are already spoken for. 5 open dates remain.
              Only 4. The exempt tourney can be up to 4 games. Ours is only 3 this year, so 30 regular season games is our limit.

4 games yet to be named. I'm guessing 1 solid roadie, 1 made for TV game (could be at Intrust) and 2 road apples at home.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Holy Geez that Diamond Head thing is yucky. BUT at least our guys and fans get to go to Hawaii!!!!
                I'm increasingly optimistic about Nebraska being a potential good opponent in that field.

Anyone making the trip, be sure to spend any time you're not cheering on the Shockers thanking Jim Schaus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Thanks I was out of the country with no wifi when this came out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Only 4. The exempt tourney can be up to 4 games. Ours is only 3 this year, so 30 regular season games is our limit.

4 games yet to be named. I'm guessing 1 solid roadie, 1 made for TV game (could be at Intrust) and 2 road apples at home.
                    We could schedule a non-bracketed game with someone else in that tournament to get the fourth game. Last year, South Carolina and Akron were on opposite sides of the bracket, so the teams had a non-bracketed game scheduled outside of Hawaii. Then...what do you know...they ended up playing in Hawaii, so they played on Christmas Day in Hawaii and then three days later in Columbia, SC. I wonder if we could get such a game with Colorado or Nebraska, should either be on the other side of the bracket.
                    78-65

Comment

So no CBE tourney this year? Awww, I loved being able to see them at the Sprint Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I'm increasingly optimistic about Nebraska being a potential good opponent in that field.

Anyone making the trip, be sure to spend any time you're not cheering on the Shockers thanking Jim Schaus.
                        Many people feel Nebraska will be top-15 next year

Comment

We might as well list the Diamond Head Classic like this:

Game 1: DePaul
                          Game 2: TBA
                          Game 3: TBA

Comment

How about a resumption of the Cuonzo vs. Gregg home and home series, starting with a trip to Berkeley next year on the way to Hawaii?

Comment

Uconn is still on the table
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X