No announcement yet.

2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WSU’s game against Alabama at Koch Arena has been moved to Dec. 16 at the request of ESPN.

WSU’s game against Memphis will tip at 1 p.m. as part of ESPN’s season-opening marathon coverage."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/07/31/357...#storylink=cpy

It appears that the Alabama game will be carried by the ESPN network as well as the Memphis game. Are the Diamond Head Classic games typically televised? Has anyone heard anyththing about other games being televised (not asking about Cox 22) by ESPN or networks?
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Diamondhead Classic usually has opening round games on ESPNU and winner's bracket games on ESPN2.

Comment

• And the Bracket Busters King Midas award for turning **** into a solid gold home game goes to Detroit.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Has anyone heard whether or not the St. Louis game will be part of the season ticket package?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Has anyone heard whether or not the St. Louis game will be part of the season ticket package?
            I haven't heard, but I fully expect that it will not be included. Get ready to open your wallet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              I haven't heard, but I fully expect that it will not be included. Get ready to open your wallet.
              I don't mind opening my wallet so much. If you want to run with the big boys that just goes with the territory. It is very clear that having at least one game a year is priority for 3G. That's reason enough for me to support this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Has anyone heard whether or not the St. Louis game will be part of the season ticket package?
                It is most definitely NOT included.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• This discussion of this game at Intrust will follow the same course as every previous game at Intrust. Some will accept it and there will be a group that will revile at the thought of not having their seats as good as they are at CKA. Parking will be another horrible problem to contend with. Ticket pricing and the manner in which they are offered will become another source of outrage for some. Perhaps the city won't get around to putting up street signs to declare it Shocker Country or not soon enough or with not enough fan fare. This will become another method for the administration to squeeze the fan base for more money. The game will not be scheduled at the optimum time to allow fans to enjoy the experience. Is there anything I have left out? Feel free to add to the list. Maybe if we list all the bad now we won't have to endure another topic when the game gets closer. Awwww who am I kidding?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      This discussion of this game at Intrust will follow the same course as every previous game at Intrust. Some will accept it and there will be a group that will revile at the thought of not having their seats as good as they are at CKA. Parking will be another horrible problem to contend with. Ticket pricing and the manner in which they are offered will become another source of outrage for some. Perhaps the city won't get around to putting up street signs to declare it Shocker Country or not soon enough or with not enough fan fare. This will become another method for the administration to squeeze the fan base for more money. The game will not be scheduled at the optimum time to allow fans to enjoy the experience. Is there anything I have left out? Feel free to add to the list. Maybe if we list all the bad now we won't have to endure another topic when the game gets closer. Awwww who am I kidding?
                      I think having a game at Intrust takes on a whole new perspective this year. Everyone knows HCGM wants to play a game there each year and the potential it has to attract a game we wouldn't otherwise get in Wichita along with the attention it could get for TV. Well, while we may not have hit it out of the park yet with the level of game we've been hoping for, including this year, one very big thing has changed and may open up Intrust those "big games".

Home Schedule at CKA.

We have home games with Alabama, Seton Hall, and NMSt. Names the average fan recognizes are playing at Koch, maybe teams as good as some we've played at IBA, not a bunch of "who's that". Good for some season ticketholders who should no longer feel that they have to pay "extra" to see the lone quality game on the home schedule when they are already playing a tidy sum in tickets and SASO. Now, that group of disgruntled, should be happy and much more willing to pay that "extra" to see their nationally rank Shockers.

However, that benefit pales to the big plus. With teams like I mentioned playing at CKA, other quality schools are taking notice. I believe the odds of getting those bigger type games at IBA have improved, as well as being able to continue to have a solid schedule at CKA.

Even though St Louis is still not what we're hoping for at IBA, there is nothing to really complain about when one weighs all the benefits. Well, yes, some will still complain, but they no longer have even their one leg to stand on.

Comment

• My stongest hope is that goshockers.com will not have a picture of our victory over STL that includes "Paint Wichita Purple" on the IBA banner (advertising ring of lights).
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• One factual error as the game is not at Memphis, but our brand is definitely strong as seen in this tweet from our buddy Jeff *******.

@GoodmanESPN: ESPN College Hoops Marathon schedule -- highlighted by Michigan State-Duke, KU-UK and Wichita State at Memphis: http://t.co/AykhxEmOVW
                          Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 4, 2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Diamondhead Classic Bracket was released sometime in the last few days with no announcement or fanfare.

We got a decent deal for the first time in forever. Being able to potentially play both Nebraska and Colorado would be tremendous for SOS and the "name" win factor. They also gave us the prime tv slot for both the first round and semifinal matchups (as they should).

As requested, we are on the opposite side of DePaul. Colorado is saddled with that grenade this year. Matchups and game times below:

WSU vs. Loyola Marymount, Monday Dec 22, 10 PM CST

Game 2 vs. Nebraska/Hawaii, Tuesday Dec 23, 8 PM CST (if we win Game 1)

Title Game- Dec 25, 7:30 PM CST or 3rd Place Game- Dec 25, 5:30 PM CST

Comment

• Loyola-Marymount ended last season with an RPI of 179. Depaul, 154. At least it will be a fresh face.

It looks like LMU lost 3 of their top 4 scorers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                Loyola-Marymount ended last season with an RPI of 179. Depaul, 154. At least it will be a fresh face.

It looks like LMU lost 3 of their top 4 scorers.
                                I believe that LMU has a roster with seven newcomers, as well as a new coaching staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X