No announcement yet.

2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be right across the aisle in row e section 110 for the Loyola game. If you haven't been to the Loyola game, its worth the trip. Extremely small gym, so you are right in on the action.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• I think I'm going to go to this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I think I'm going to go to this one.
        Yes, you should. We had a great shocker turn up last year. It was like Koch arena Chicago.
        Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Anyone know when Indiana State is putting their tickets up for sale??

Comment

• Tickets for the Evansville game are on sale everyone... Got mine 4 rows behind the bench!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
              Anyone know when Indiana State is putting their tickets up for sale??

Indiana State Ticket Office

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                Anyone know when Indiana State is putting their tickets up for sale??
                After their kickstarter is finished to raise funds for perforated ticket paper.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Now I'm looking through Terre Haute's rant's and rave's section on Craigslist, and I have to share with the rest of the board what I found.

Chasing Geese in the Park (Terre Haute)

Saturday afternoon there was a large group in Fairbanks Park - maybe a family reunion. Several small girls and one older teenager were chasing the geese, running after them screaming and hitting them with sticks. I told them that Canada Geese are a Federally protected species and it's illegal to harass them and that geese are very powerful birds and they are lucky none of the geese turned on their children and attacked them. The people only swore at me.

This was not a one-time occurrence which the adults put a stop to. I didn't speak up until the 3rd time I witnessed the little girls going after the geese. And one time there was an older teen participating as well.

If you were part of that group, or if you also think hitting the geese with sticks and chasing them across the park is fun and acceptable behavior, please rethink your opinion. An enraged goose could KILL a small child before the adults and teens you had coming to get the kids every so often could get there to stop it. And there are hefty fines for harassing Federally protected bird and animal species.

Even if geese weren't protected and weren't potentially dangerous large powerful birds, what kind of lessons are you teaching your children by allowing - even encouraging - them to harass other creatures? Shame on the lot of you ! I'll pray you all come to your senses before one of your children gets hurt."
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Now I'm looking through Terre Haute's rant's and rave's section on Craigslist, and I have to share with the rest of the board what I found.

Chasing Geese in the Park (Terre Haute)

Saturday afternoon there was a large group in Fairbanks Park - maybe a family reunion. Several small girls and one older teenager were chasing the geese, running after them screaming and hitting them with sticks. I told them that Canada Geese are a Federally protected species and it's illegal to harass them and that geese are very powerful birds and they are lucky none of the geese turned on their children and attacked them. The people only swore at me.

This was not a one-time occurrence which the adults put a stop to. I didn't speak up until the 3rd time I witnessed the little girls going after the geese. And one time there was an older teen participating as well.

If you were part of that group, or if you also think hitting the geese with sticks and chasing them across the park is fun and acceptable behavior, please rethink your opinion. An enraged goose could KILL a small child before the adults and teens you had coming to get the kids every so often could get there to stop it. And there are hefty fines for harassing Federally protected bird and animal species.

Even if geese weren't protected and weren't potentially dangerous large powerful birds, what kind of lessons are you teaching your children by allowing - even encouraging - them to harass other creatures? Shame on the lot of you ! I'll pray you all come to your senses before one of your children gets hurt."
                    Are we sure this came from Indiana State/Terre Haute? or did this come from Drake University? :)

FYI - For anyone who, like me, ever wondered why Drake sometimes gets jokingly referred to as the "Geese"...

"Drake is the scientific term for a male duck. Instead, Drake’s mascot is a bulldog, but this hasn’t always been the case.
                    From 1893 to 1909, Drake’s athletes were known as the Drakes. Then, in 1909, the bulldog became the university’s mascot"...
                    The “D” Song is also a classic part to games at Drake. Before gaining a bulldog mascot, this fight song had one slight difference. In the line we now use “Fights like a bulldog for victory,” the word “bulldog” was actually tiger. Drake sports team members were called the Tigers often because of this, even though our official mascot was the Drake. Once the bulldog became the mascot, that word was switched accordingly.
                    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; October 13, 2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Just got our tickets for the game at Loyola- Section 110 (behind visitor's bench), Row E. Their ticket office knows this is the one and only guaranteed sell out on the slate and they raised prices accordingly, just a heads up.

Looking forward to a fun trip.
                      We're in 110 row F.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Are we sure this came from Indiana State/Terre Haute? or did this come from Drake University? :)
                        My personal favorite for post of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I've contacted them on twitter and e-mail with no response... Thought maybe someone else might have some insight is all

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            After their kickstarter is finished to raise funds for perforated ticket paper.
                            They're selling tickets to Shocker fans to pay for uni's?

Comment

• Potential foe Colorado is #26 in the CSM Top 144 Countdown.

Will be fun to see if Nebraska is ranked in the preseason coaches' poll tomorrow. I'm guessing they'll sneak in. Utah has an outside chance too.

Comment

Working...
                              X