Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    This makes my day.
    One thing I found interesting was that he said "they (Cox) wouldn't do anything to help me out on pay." When you think about the general opinion that many aren't super fond of him for the job in the first place, it's kind of funny...or embarrassing. In other words, a company that was able to see what he was worth to them refused to give him a raise, and he quit because he believed he deserved one. Meanwhile, Cox has two other guys who are generally believed to be better in place to fill the spot. Craig may not realize it, but Cox may even be willing to pay those guys the higher amount he asked for. :)

I do some staffing at work and it never ceases to entertain me when an employee who is very marginal (or who only still has their job because they are just mediocre enough that I don't have the heart to fire them) comes along and says something about not making enough money... Like its some kind of ultimatum or martyr situation. I'm sitting there thinking "we pay you what we do for a reason (one that is entirely your doing because of your performance) and if you leave I can go get someone better that day..."

Sometimes people don't put that together on their own.
    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; October 11, 2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• I'm 100% certain Craig Steven was in that position solely due to some backdoor finagling by his family. They're like the hemorrhoids of this town. If I knew sending directions to ISIS for each of their homes would result in real action, I might consider it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        I'm 100% certain Craig Steven was in that position solely due to some backdoor finagling by his family. They're like the hemorrhoids of this town. If I knew sending directions to ISIS for each of their homes would result in real action, I might consider it.
        Someone had a bad batch of Spangles ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Someone had a bad batch of Spangles ;)
          So, pretty much any Spangles at all then?

Comment

• I'm totally in the minority here but I enjoyed Craig as an analyst. Maybe it's a "regional" thing but I thought he did real well. I don't know him or his family personnaly so I have no bias but this curious guy wants to know why some of you didn't care for him.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I haven't been happy with Craig for quite a while now, He goes on and on about whatever. Bruce should be on a short rope.

Comment

• For me, I don't necessarily even dislike him. I make fun of him because I'm a bad person. It's more like how I just have a good time dogging other MVC schools.

I don't know enough about commentary to offer a valid opinion. I will say this. I always feel like Bruce and Craig don't come off as Shocker fans at all. It's one thing to try to be objective and temper your fandom... Which Kennedy can sometimes be bad at (and I like him for that) but it's another thing to constantly explain how great the other team is even when they are getting smoked by WSU. Sometimes they seem like they are hoping WSU will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  I'm totally in the minority here but I enjoyed Craig as an analyst. Maybe it's a "regional" thing but I thought he did real well. I don't know him or his family personnaly so I have no bias but this curious guy wants to know why some of you didn't care for him.
                  Craig rambles endlessly. It's most irritating during those WTF just happened moments, where Bruce would normally clarify what's going on. Except he can't because Craig is still going on about something unimportant that he started three minutes prior just to fill time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    I'm totally in the minority here but I enjoyed Craig as an analyst. Maybe it's a "regional" thing but I thought he did real well. I don't know him or his family personnaly so I have no bias but this curious guy wants to know why some of you didn't care for him.
                    I also don't have problems with Craig. I always thought he did a fine job, and have always been amused by the level of aminosity towards him and Bruce by some posters. That being said I think that Hull and Dennis will be great additions.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Craig had a halting and stunted conversational style, had difficulty relating any playing anecdotes without a painstaking effort from Bruce, contributed nothing in the humor department, and just basically sucked as a color guy. Doesn't make him a bad dude by any stretch, it just means he blew at something and happened to do it frequently in front of a large audience.

He was about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 when it comes to announcers. Bob Uecker's sidekick Marty from Major League registers as about a 2.5 IMO, so Craig has that going for him.

Bob and Shane will do a fine job I am sure.

Comment

• I didn't mind Craig that much. I always had to laugh when he made a comment about what Cle, Fred or Ron should have done. He had a former players perspective but to hear him say things that made it sound like he knew better than 3 players who could go down as some of the greatest Shockers of all time made me chuckle. Its like when I watch the game and say, "Gregg should have called a timeout there". I coached middle school basketball so I can give advice to the National Coach of the Year.
                        That being said, I have a lot of trouble listening to Shane's Radio show. And I could take or leave Bob Hull.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                          Craig rambles endlessly. It's most irritating during those WTF just happened moments, where Bruce would normally clarify what's going on. Except he can't because Craig is still going on about something unimportant that he started three minutes prior just to fill time.
                          this

Comment

• Utah checks in at 31 and Nebraska is #28 in CSM's Top 144 Countdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              You'd rather they get rid of Bruce than Craig, if they could only get rid of one of them?

Really?
                              Bruce doesn't even know the players names. At least Craig occasionally provides insight and is always good for a laugh.

Comment

• Just got our tickets for the game at Loyola- Section 110 (behind visitor's bench), Row E. Their ticket office knows this is the one and only guaranteed sell out on the slate and they raised prices accordingly, just a heads up.

Looking forward to a fun trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X